The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Honestly I didn't enjoy Yu Yu Hakusho that much despite HxH being my all-time favorite. That never aired here when I was a kid so I only saw it a while ago after HxH. I remember I seriously considered dropping it at around 28 episodes. It got better, especially with the Dark Tournament Arc, but it never really hooked me. The final arc also felt very rushed.

The anime series that aired over here when I was a little kid were Dragon ball, DBZ, Yugioh, Gundam Wing, and the Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz OVA.
Once finished, they just kept infinitely airing re-runs. I saw Gundam Wing and the Endless Waltz OVA in full at least 3 times, probably more than that :lol:
That was by far my favorite as a kid. I don't really remember much in general from when I was in elementary school but I do vividly recall a bunch of scenes in Gundam Wing that I always kept looking forward to every re-run.

Especially this scene at 19:15 when the music kicks in was one of my favorite scenes. Sadly that was the only time they used that track.

Last edited:
Honestly I didn't enjoy Yu Yu Hakusho that much despite HxH being my all-time favorite. That never aired here when I was a kid so I only saw it a while ago after HxH. I remember I seriously considered dropping it at around 28 episodes. It got better, especially with the Dark Tournament Arc, but it never really hooked me. The final arc also felt very rushed.

The anime series that aired over here when I was a little kid were Dragon ball, DBZ, Yugioh, Gundam Wing, and the Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz OVA.
Once finished, they just kept infinitely airing re-runs. I saw Gundam Wing and the Endless Waltz OVA in full at least 3 times, probably more than that :lol:
That was by far my favorite as a kid. I don't really remember much in general from when I was in elementary school but I do vividly recall a bunch of scenes in Gundam Wing that I always kept looking forward to every re-run.

Especially this scene at 19:15 when the music kicks in was one of my favorite scenes. Sadly that was the only time they used that track.

speaking of HxH, I never realized that they have redone or remastered the whole series. like I know from memory that there were scenes or events that were missing. anyhow, what I liked about the show is that characters actually die when you least expect it.

Caught up with the Solo Leveling manhwa. Don't know what I expected but I've never read a piece of work that's constantly like, "who is this guy??? Why is he so strong??? Wasn't he weak before???"

Was still thoroughly entertained.

When I was a kid DBZ and Ronin Warriors was on a loop
Actually this reminded me of something, there was one other anime on a different channel but I never really watched it.
I'm pretty sure it revolved around samurais and I recall the protagonist having long brown/red hair.

Tokyo revengers the best new anime of the year
I'll check that out, I see it's currently ongoing and has 19 episodes out. If anyone's interested in a total mind**** involving time and different dimensions, the "Sonny Boy" anime original from this season is an interesting watch. I swear the art directors must've all been on LSD. There's only 5 episodes out so far so it's easy to catch up.

Eren got character development?

the-office-steve-carell.gif

When I was a kid DBZ and Ronin Warriors was on a loop
For a VERY long time.

In the end, they dropped Ronin Warriors :lol: I remember thinking oh this is the anime version of Power Rangers or VR Troopers but with samurai not knowing at the time as a kid PR and VRT were made in Japan too.

Nope. You can skip the first rebuild if you want but the second film starts to diverge and the third is completely new story.
Even the first film has several differences from the original source material. I binged the first 3 the day before the 4ths release and that was really fun. :lol:

For a VERY long time.

In the end, they dropped Ronin Warriors :lol: I remember thinking oh this is the anime version of Power Rangers or VR Troopers but with samurai not knowing at the time as a kid PR and VRT were made in Japan too.

I actually need to go ack and watch Ronin warriors. I believe it is on CR.

Any have Funimation?

Even the first film has several differences from the original source material. I binged the first 3 the day before the 4ths release and that was really fun. :lol:
If anything the first rebuild is still worth watching for the final battle. The upgraded animation and music is :pimp: . Never has a sniping scene been so epic :lol:

I can't wait. I know it may sound strange but I am so excited to soon be able to read the first chapter of a new Jojo part instead of playing catch up due to getting into the series so late. :lol:

Caught up with the Solo Leveling manhwa. Don't know what I expected but I've never read a piece of work that's constantly like, "who is this guy??? Why is he so strong??? Wasn't he weak before???"

Was still thoroughly entertained.
Welcome to the real, tomorrow's chapter should be flames. Our boy is learning about himself.
Both

I'm pretty sure it was on adult swim first though.

DAMN I remember when I first started this show. The final volume wasn't even available at the time so I had to wait for the DVD to be released.

KAZUMA!!!!!!

RYUHO!!!!!

Once his girl Scherice died he no longer held back anything.

Same once Kimishi died, he was out for blood.

Back
Top Bottom