The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I'm playing an old ps2 game called urban reign. The main character is called bryan hawk and he is voiced by steve blum.

He's the dude who voiced Spike from cowboy bebop, great teacher onisuka, and samurai champloo.

Intradasting.
What anime is this?

Is it a comedy?

What do you like about it?
Every show this week has been great so far especially Railgun. It went hard with it's episode. Hopefully Gargantia can end the week with the same trend.

Oreimo ep 6
Ayase is definitely my favorite character at the moment. She steals the show everytime she gets screentime. 
roll.gif

roll.gif
 That yandere stuff is so good. 
laugh.gif

I kind of want Kyousuke to end up with here, but I'm still on Kuroneko's side more.

I don't really understand this Kirino/Kyousuke relationship is? Why are they getting jealous of each other's love interests?

Nevermind, it all came together. Very good moment between the two at the climax of this episode.

Kuroneko's gettin itttt.
Attack on Titan ep 6
OH MY UFFING GOD that running titan scared the crap out of me. I don't know what I was expecting at that part. 
laugh.gif

Mikasa gettin it though. 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
 She takes them down like nothing.

Good backstory episode. It's going to go DOWN when she finds out Eren's dead.

Eren is TERRIBLE at putting scarfs on people 
roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

The hell is that, bro? 
laugh.gif
Oh damn, I forgot Aku no Hana came out today.

Aku no Hana ep 6
Why is Kasuga such a damn pansy? Just lay down the pipe dude!

Nakamura is a world class troll though. 
roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
 She was in prime form this ep.
I'm into action/adventure animes.

Which one of those animes that you just posted about would you reccomend to me.

I'm already watching attack on titan. :pimp:

I'm playing an old ps2 game called urban reign. The main character is called bryan hawk and he is voiced by steve blum.
He's the dude who voiced Spike from cowboy bebop, great teacher onisuka, and samurai champloo.
Intradasting.

What anime is this?
Is it a comedy?

That is from the anime Oreimo. Its definitely a comedy. One of my favorite animes out right now lots of otaku humor just funny in general i'd highly recommend it.

heres a quick summary-

Kyosuke Kosaka, a normal 17-year-old high school student living in Chiba, has not gotten along with his younger sister Kirino in years. For longer than he can remember, Kirino has ignored his comings and goings and looked at him with spurning eyes. It seemed as if the relationship between Kyōsuke and his sister, now fourteen, would continue this way forever. One day however, Kyosuke finds a DVD case of a magical girl anime which had fallen in his house's entrance way. To Kyosuke's surprise, he finds a hidden eroge (an adult game) inside the case and he soon learns that both the DVD and the game belong to Kirino. That night, Kirino brings Kyosuke to her room and reveals herself to be an otaku with an extensive collection of moe anime and younger sister-themed eroge she has been collecting in secret. Kyosuke quickly becomes Kirino's life coach and aid for her secret hobby.

Last edited:
What anime is this?
Is it a comedy?

This anime is Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. also known as Oregairu or My Teen Romantic Comedy Is Wrong As I Expected. It's a romantic comedy, but it plays out in a way that so far is different than other romance animes. A lot of this can be attributed to the pessimistic loner main character, which is a welcome change from most other common main characters in other shows. I'd put it at 3rd or 4th best show of this season behind Maou-Sama! and Attack on Titan.

Every show this week has been great so far especially Railgun. It went hard with it's episode. Hopefully Gargantia can end the week with the same trend.

Oreimo ep 6
Ayase is definitely my favorite character at the moment. She steals the show everytime she gets screentime. :rofl:  :rofl:  That yandere stuff is so good. :lol:

I kind of want Kyousuke to end up with here, but I'm still on Kuroneko's side more.

I don't really understand this Kirino/Kyousuke relationship is? Why are they getting jealous of each other's love interests?

Nevermind, it all came together. Very good moment between the two at the climax of this episode.

Kuroneko's gettin itttt.

Attack on Titan ep 6
OH MY UFFING GOD that running titan scared the crap out of me. I don't know what I was expecting at that part. :lol:

Mikasa gettin it though. :pimp:  :pimp:  She takes them down like nothing.

Good backstory episode. It's going to go DOWN when she finds out Eren's dead.

Eren is TERRIBLE at putting scarfs on people :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

The hell is that, bro? :lol:

Oh damn, I forgot Aku no Hana came out today.

Aku no Hana ep 6
Why is Kasuga such a damn pansy? Just lay down the pipe dude!

Nakamura is a world class troll though. :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  She was in prime form this ep.
I'm into action/adventure animes.
Which one of those animes that you just posted about would you reccomend to me.
I'm already watching attack on titan. :pimp:

:lol: None of those shows I posted are action/adventure, sorry. Aku no Hana is a more psychological show and Oreimo is about sibling bonding. It's a feel good show.

If you haven't checked out Magi, however, it might be right up your alley. The Railgun series has some nice action as well, but more slice of life elements than I'd like. It's in it's second season right now and they're in a pretty damn dark arc, which is awesome and makes for really good fights. Other notable past shows for action/adventure that I'd recommend are Fate/Zero, Btooom, Mirai Nikki, and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Kasuga's so frustrating to watch though. Shinji even has more balls than him. :lol: What's so bad about the girl of his dreams being a freak? I'd have been happy as hell to hear that news.
Man, that picture. :lol:
It might just be me, but I think that the rotoscoping quality has improved a bit, at least for certain scenes. I still will never get fully used to it though. :lol:

I agree, the rotoscoping has been improving with every episode. I think I got used to it by the 2nd episode. :lol: I really had to push myself to just trust in the story and I'm glad I did. I'm pretty ashamed for judging it right away.

Last edited:
I hate when catchy songs get stuck in my head. First it was the OP for Attack on Titan, now it's this. :lol: :wow:

I'm just starting to notice how good the animation is in some of these animes.

In particular Attack on Titan, Sengoku Basara, and this one anime that I'm forgetting the name of.

In the anime, this chick gets her heart ripped out.

The title is ike ao no kakyai or something like that.

I think this is my favorite page I've ever seen in a manga/manhwa

Are you going to at least tell us which manga it's from before we look at it? :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Are you going to at least tell us which manga it's from before we look at it? :lol: :lol:
That's from the newest chapter of Feng Shen Ji. :lol:
BTW, awesome chapter today. :pimp:

:lol: Phew. I clicked on it and saw a bunch of red and immediately thought it was Attack on Titan with the Collosal Titan. I was about to get heated. I don't even know why I clicked on it so quickly. :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
Moral of the story here folks is Never answer posts half asleep. Ya boy thought he posted a kyousuke pic lol! A fail for the history books of NT. :rofl:

That anime coincidentally is also one of my top shows this season along with Attack on Titan, maou-sama, oreimo, hentai ouji and I'm enjoying Photo Kano as well.

Last edited:
Currently on episode 4 of S2 of Oreimo, I did what I was told and skipped episode 12 and watched the OVA's, so far it's :pimp:

Also anyone else hear about YuruYuri S3? Possibly summer 2014, creators tweeted about it today

'It looks like the Amusement Club's third summer will also be a hot summer! We've started with the preparations. We're aiming and giving our best for a third season.'

If true, I'm ******g stoked :pimp: :pimp:

Currently on episode 4 of S2 of Oreimo, I did what I was told and skipped episode 12 and watched the OVA's, so far it's :pimp:

Also anyone else hear about YuruYuri S3? Possibly summer 2014, creators tweeted about it today

'It looks like the Amusement Club's third summer will also be a hot summer! We've started with the preparations. We're aiming and giving our best for a third season.'

If true, I'm ******g stoked :pimp: :pimp:
I'd go back and watch ep 12, just to see that ending. It's interesting even though it's not the true route.

Wow, AOT is quite awesome. Just finished up episode 3, early leader for Anime of the year?
It's already anime of the year to me.
Check out the manga if you haven't already.

Definitely Anime of the Season for me. I'll have to wait the year through. Fall or winter might have a killer. AOT is already #1 on the bluray charts in Japan though, overtaking EVA 3.33 :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
I'd go back and watch ep 12, just to see that ending. It's interesting even though it's not the true route.

The not true route is actually a pretty nice end. i didn't know about the ovas till a week after i watched it and man was so thrown off lol

Last edited:
LIKED THE FIRST 6 EPISODES OF ATTACK ON TITAN SO MUCH THAT I WENT AND READ ALL 45 CHAPTERS OF THE MANGA. ALL I CAN SAY IS PLEASE LET THEM ANIMATE EVERY CHAPTER OF THIS MANGA, THE STORY IS TOO GOD DAMN EPIC! DEFINITELY HAS OVERTAKEN DEATH NOTE AS MY FAVORITE MANGA/ANIME OF ALL TIME. WHERE THEY DECIDE TO GO WITH THE STORY IS A COMPLETE SHOCK, NEVER EXPECTED THEM TO GO THAT ROUTE. :pimp:

Definitely Anime of the Season for me. I'll have to wait the year through. Fall or winter might have a killer. AOT is already #1 on the bluray charts in Japan though, overtaking EVA 3.33 :pimp: :pimp:
How is that possible, there's no blu-ray this soon, with only 6 episodes aired.

Started watching AOT.

:smokin is all I can say. I would read the manga but I think I'll starve myself and wait for more episodes come out. Can't finish too quick >D

Back
Top Bottom