The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I feel you leb13...

BRUHHH I MESSSS with this fairy tail right now :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: I'm only on episode 20 something but it got ALOT better. The phantom dudes are invading

I feel you leb13...

BRUHHH I MESSSS with this fairy tail right now
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I'm only on episode 20 something but it got ALOT better. The phantom dudes are invading
The fights in Fairy tail are usually good. The beginning of the series is good, it's just the series downslides fast and things start making no sense, the beginning of every arc has lots of potential then by the middle of the arc it falls apart and by the end of the arc you're like thank god this arc ended, then the next arc starts with a solid plot and falls apart again. I watched it enough to commit to the series and read weekly at this point, but I don't sit around anticipating fairy tail chapters.

The fights in Fairy tail are usually good. The beginning of the series is good, it's just the series downslides fast and things start making no sense, the beginning of every arc has lots of potential then by the middle of the arc it falls apart and by the end of the arc you're like thank god this arc ended, then the next arc starts with a solid plot and falls apart again. I watched it enough to commit to the series and read weekly at this point, but I don't sit around anticipating fairy tail chapters.

Word it will prolly end up as something I watch whenever I'm not watching/reading one piece then. Like hunter hunter

Spring 2014 anime, what are we all looking forward to guys?

My 5 picks are

1.Jojo
2.Jojo
3.Jojo
4.Jojo
5.Love live season 2

Honorable mention

Jojo

Last edited:

Yeah dawg I feel you it was definitely a step back in character development.
mean.gif
he shoulda been saved the day. And idk if I can give props to robin for that, she's the "demon child" who's been evading the government for FOREVER and she gets turned into a toy SMH.
mean.gif
mean.gif
I'm more disappointed in her than ussop.
Like I said Robin should have gone to her assassin roots and been ruthless instead of trying to be gentle, it's all plot induced stupidity trying to stick to that dumb *** fake grape plan, especially with Robin. I'm more disappointed in Oda making Robin seem weak and whack when in reality she can get busy.
The Ussop thing wasn't even a step back, it was like seeing a new character. He wasn't even that bad all the way back in Syrup Village, even then when people he knew were in trouble he stood his ground. Honestly, his character can't come back from this cause it's not a tactical retreat its one of selfishness and cowardice. If he dons that Sogeking mask and then comes back it just mean he didn't grow at all over the timeskip. The worst part is dude had a huge chance to end it all when Robin lured Trebol away, but instead he let the stupid dwarves try to handle it while he hid. All he had to do was shoot knockout gas or something. 

Whatever tho, everything else in the chapter was enjoyable. At least we get to see Zoro and Luffy do work soon and Franky is going crazy. Oh and Kinemon is growing on me, now if he can dump Momonosuke on Kanjuro, so we never see momo again I wouldn't mind seeing kinemon join. Next week should be good unless they go into more flashbacks.
Yeah I am with you guys. This Usopp **** has me SICK. Even though he doesn't remember Robin, how the hell are you gonna bail on the Tontatta like that?! I don't even care if he comes back and completes Operation SOP, this is unforgivable type ****.

Oda continues to do Robin real dirty man. I knew going into this fight that her devil fruit would leave her exposed to Sugar, but come on dude. I wonder if her devil fruit ability will still work. I don't think Sugar got her with a contract so it might come in handy if she is able to still use her power while already a toy.

Yeah I am with you guys. This Usopp **** has me SICK. Even though he doesn't remember Robin, how the hell are you gonna bail on the Tontatta like that?! I don't even care if he comes back and completes Operation SOP, this is unforgivable type ****.

Oda continues to do Robin real dirty man. I knew going into this fight that her devil fruit would leave her exposed to Sugar, but come on dude. I wonder if her devil fruit ability will still work. I don't think Sugar got her with a contract so it might come in handy if she is able to still use her power while already a toy.
I really want the rest of the crew to find out what he did and there be serious repercussions, but we all know that if everything turns out okay all will be forgiven. But in my eyes Ussop is beyond forgiveness or redemption. I hated how he acted at Water 7, but could understand it way more than this. The whole situation should have been handled when Robin went and lured Trebol away. Ussop could have used some sleeping gas and kept it moving. I'm kinda hoping Ussop runs into Franky and see that Franky is dealing with a bunch of marines and a vice admiral and 2 of DD's henchmen and just feels awful.
It's a shame how right when Robin was showing her usefulness and development she gets done in like this
mean.gif
. She isn't under contract it seems like which is good at least. That's a good point if her ability still does work she may be able to do something, although it seems unlikely.

They said Kanjuro escaped the scrap heap, even tho no one else was able to, but we haven't seen Don Chin Joa as a toy either. It'd be interesting if he also escaped.

I just noticed that Doflamingo is so nervous he was biting his nails in one panel. And where'd Fuji go?

I really want the rest of the crew to find out what he did and there be serious repercussions, but we all know that if everything turns out okay all will be forgiven. But in my eyes Ussop is beyond forgiveness or redemption. I hated how he acted at Water 7, but could understand it way more than this. The whole situation should have been handled when Robin went and lured Trebol away. Ussop could have used some sleeping gas and kept it moving. I'm kinda hoping Ussop runs into Franky and see that Franky is dealing with a bunch of marines and a vice admiral and 2 of DD's henchmen and just feels awful.
It's a shame how right when Robin was showing her usefulness and development she gets done in like this
mean.gif
. She isn't under contract it seems like which is good at least. That's a good point if her ability still does work she may be able to do something, although it seems unlikely.

They said Kanjuro escaped the scrap heap, even tho no one else was able to, but we haven't seen Don Chin Joa as a toy either. It'd be interesting if he also escaped.

I just noticed that Doflamingo is so nervous he was biting his nails in one panel. And where'd Fuji go?
Yeah that would definitely be interesting if the crew caught wind of Usopp bailing on them. The thing that really set me off was that he had the nerve to blame it on Franky! He is taking zero responsibility in the whole situation.

Agreed with Robin too. She was showing off some spy type skills plus that clone was pretty sweet. I am interested in seeing how Oda has Robin handle her current situation.

I wonder why the Tontatta are making a big deal about TSOL taking on DD once the toys return to normal. I guess they think he is the only one formidable enough to take him on.  /shrug
Edit: Wow. Just read some thought provoking stuff on why Usopp ran like a total b*tch

Last edited:
I go back and watch this fight at least once a week because I'm almost done with the series, once I get to Rising and finish that I'm gonna go through a huge post series depression :lol:

Seriously, Hajime No Ippo RUINED sports anime for me, it set the bar waayyyy too high

and it's seriously one of the best fights I've seen in an anime

This clip just made me want to either watch the whole series or read the whole manga.. (I'm not doing both too much on my plate which should I do?)

As far as Robin goes Oda treats her the same Tite treats Rukia IMO
Both are beast but never lets them truly shine.

I've always hated Usopp his best moment was getting his @ss kicked by luffy imo.

Yeah that would definitely be interesting if the crew caught wind of Usopp bailing on them. The thing that really set me off was that he had the nerve to blame it on Franky! He is taking zero responsibility in the whole situation.

Agreed with Robin too. She was showing off some spy type skills plus that clone was pretty sweet. I am interested in seeing how Oda has Robin handle her current situation.

I wonder why the Tontatta are making a big deal about TSOL taking on DD once the toys return to normal. I guess they think he is the only one formidable enough to take him on.  /shrug

Edit: Wow. Just read some thought provoking stuff on why Usopp ran like a total b*tch

yeah..... i'm not THAT mad anymore :lol:

Rukia is booboo. Don't slander robin like that :lol:

But anyways, I'm starting to feel like Lucy will be the orihime/rukia of fairy tail...useless :lol: :lol: I hope not tho :frown:

But anyways, I'm starting to feel like Lucy will be the orihime/rukia of fairy tail...useless :lol: :lol: I hope not tho :frown:

my man you Willllllldin

RUKIA is Dat chick!!!!!

just tite dont know how to handle her, her blade is the strongest ice type in Soul society. she's 2nd to only really that one chick in kidou. she has the resolve, never been scared like that.
tite just be letting her play the damsel role to much it's not fair yo
i feel like rukia can body atleast 8 of the 12 vice captains.
and now witht he bankai and power upgrade possibly 10

I would believe that theory if this were the 1st arc after Enies Lobby, but its 2 years since then. His training on boing archapeligo is ingrained in him and he remembers that, he should remember Sogeking from Thriller bark, his experience of fear and complete destruction from Shaboady should still be with him and in that situation he was able to act even when facing an admiral, then he went to FI and fought and PH, take out EL and too much has happened for him to regress back to Arlong park Ussop. Hell, even when Arlong Park Ussop ran away from Chew he was still attacking and inner monologuing about how if he doesn't get this done it makes the situation worse for everybody else so he has to fight. Their physical abilities wouldnt be affected b.c theyre too ingrained, like Luffy doing a Jet Stamp this chapter, although G2 an G3 weren't made to save Robin, but they were 1st used to save her. the only thing that should be forgotten are the circumstances surrounding Enies Lobby. He still knew his role in this situation, he could see the Tonttatas there beaten and burned and he was like Eff them. 

Yeah Violet and the tontattas think he's the only one capable, but it also looks like their trying to use a quick strike in the chaos of everyone changing back. Violet's too shook and has been underestimating the strawhats since she's met them. TSOL probably doesn't know how strong Luffy actually is, and he thinks that if he's kyros again he can do something, but i think he'll get bodied with the quickness. Or if Oda is following the real Tin Soldier story he dies.

Lucy will turn up at a couple points, but she's mostly just there to lose almost all of her clothes damn near every other chapter :stoneface:

my man you Willllllldin

RUKIA is Dat chick!!!!!

just tite dont know how to handle her, her blade is the strongest ice type in Soul society. she's 2nd to only really that one chick in kidou. she has the resolve, never been scared like that.
tite just be letting her play the damsel role to much it's not fair yo
i feel like rukia can body atleast 8 of the 12 vice captains.
and now witht he bankai and power upgrade possibly 10
Honestly I think two things about these power upgrades..
1) from other forums I partake in, all of these chapters are setting up the real battles of attrition with real Sternritters, that will be fleshed out better. Which I agree with, I think Kubo is (hopefully) setting a back drop for some real **** to take place.
2) I think these upgrades come with a price..
Nii-sama told Rukia" watch how you come out of your bankai( to paraphrase). Also how Rukia warned Renji to rest before the next battle...
A lot of people are looking at Bleach from a short sighted opinion. Yeah the chapters with MdM, were straight trash and irritating but all the chapters afterward have been really good to me. I can see both sides of the coin on people's reaction but I see the bigger pictures to things when it comes to anime. Everything is never what it seems. The only thing I truly want answers to right now is why those 3 were picked to go to the Royal Guard...
In all honesty just ready to see my dude Grimmjow, Ichi and Kenpachi and finally get answers on Orihime and Urahara( something just keeps rubbing me wrong about him, plus Kubo said the final fight is with someone we know and trust and has been hiding in plain sight...

I wonder if that is going to affect the other sites as well...

Probably not, everyone else might be getting UTW DAIZ (confirmed to be working on it) subs, depends on who's your preference.

All the other subbers use CR rips I believe.

I can wait tho, not really fan of fansubbers besides Commie.

Last edited:
Chuunibyou ep9.
Love Triangle incoming. :pimp:
Side note:
I fell for the daughter trap. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom