The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

so many developments in HSDK and TB:NW

smokin.gif

Man, that new episode of Jojo... :lol:
I never would have thought that super powered orangutan (attempted) rape culture would be a thing I would ever see. :lol:

Started re-watching Cowboy Bebop.

I just finished Ballad of Fallen Angels, man, that one episode made realize that Cowboy Bebop had it all, the series is a solid 10/10 for me, it was just so well written, the characters are great, the animation is awesome, this is one of the series that got me into anime, but going back and watching it now, it aged amazingly.

^ I love Ballad of Fallen Angels. When I first saw the church scene and the chorus kicked in... :wow: Still one of my favorite scenes in anime. :pimp:

Last edited:
show was just on a whole nother level man. I finally did a full watch of the series earlier this year. I can't say there are many animes I enjoyed more than Cowboy Bebop.

show was just on a whole nother level man. I finally did a full watch of the series earlier this year. I can't say there are many animes I enjoyed more than Cowboy Bebop.
That's why it's Always #1 on my top 10, Followed closely by GITS: SAC & 2nd GIG, Samurai Champloo, and FMA:B. :pimp:
I remember that DBZ got me into anime back when I was a wee little sappy, but it was watching Cowboy Bebop that solidified my love for the genre. If it wasn't for me staying up past my bedtime to see what Adult Swim was all about on CN, I probably wouldn't be in this thread, or apart of this culture in general. :lol: :pimp:

With that all said, I am gonna marathon the whole series tomorrow for Nostalgia purposes. :pimp:

The other I love is how well the dub was, like ku-*******-dos to whoever mixed that audio and to the VA's, I can't watch it any other way, I tried the OG Japanese version, but it didn't feel right :lol:

I'm watching the UK Blu-Ray release, the quality is meh, you can tell it's an upscale and it's not even full HD, I can't wait for Funimation to release their Blu-Ray, day one instacop.

Yooooooooooooo Spirit King is beast, reminds me of gilgamesh from the final fantasy series. 

just caught up with the last 10 chaps of TB:NW
:smh: 9 whole chapters of them talking :x
i'm sooo glad i wait 10 chapters to read this manga :smh:
the next 10 should be good tho

That's why it's Always #1 on my top 10, Followed closely by GITS: SAC & 2nd GIG, Samurai Champloo, and FMA:B. :pimp:
I remember that DBZ got me into anime back when I was a wee little sappy, but it was watching Cowboy Bebop that solidified my love for the genre. If it wasn't for me staying up past my bedtime to see what Adult Swim was all about on CN, I probably wouldn't be in this thread, or apart of this culture in general. :lol: :pimp:

With that all said, I am gonna marathon the whole series tomorrow for Nostalgia purposes. :pimp:

I never heard of anyone else talk about GITS: SAC & 2nd GIG. I loved cowboy bebop, Champloo and FMA: B. How does it compare to them?

I never heard of anyone else talk about GITS: SAC & 2nd GIG. I loved cowboy bebop, Champloo and FMA: B. How does it compare to them?
I dont know if they are comparable, mostly because It is so much different from all those others listed. What got me hooked to this series, other than the story and animation, was the deep, sometimes philosophical, conversations the characters would have. Every character was greatly written and the arcs were superb. Now, this anime isn't for everyone. Sometimes they do talk about some real technical stuff which can turn people away. If you do go and start this series, make sure to watch the first movie before the first season and the second movie before the second season. That is the chronological order to the series.

I don't know what else to say about this series other than go watch it if interested and it is a very satisfying series. :lol:

Kinda off topic but still semi-related to anime.

I'm working on my bros laptop right now, which happens to be my old laptop, and I'm doing some basic virus removal and deleting some programs. So I'm deleting programs and I see I left an ISO mounter installed, so I check it out and it takes me to a folder in the start menu labeled "Overfl0w". At that point my heart sank because I knew EXACTLY what that is, turns out, before I gave him the laptop I forgot to delete some things and among that was School Days HQ. If you've seen the anime of School Days you know how bad it is, but the actual VN itself is WAY more vulgar :lol: I'm just glad he never got to clicking on random stuff because when I opened it I forgot I 100% the game and unlocked all the H-scenes.

That would've been an awkward confrontation, but it's all gone now, I left Postal 2 on it as well, but if he ever starts it up he'll probably have fun with it since the game is ridiculously fun :lol:

I dont know if they are comparable, mostly because It is so much different from all those others listed. What got me hooked to this series, other than the story and animation, was the deep, sometimes philosophical, conversations the characters would have. Every character was greatly written and the arcs were superb. Now, this anime isn't for everyone. Sometimes they do talk about some real technical stuff which can turn people away. If you do go and start this series, make sure to watch the first movie before the first season and the second movie before the second season. That is the chronological order to the series.

I don't know what else to say about this series other than go watch it if interested and it is a very satisfying series. :lol:

Thanks man! I'll put that as my next show to watch!

Just started "Higurashi: No Naku Koro Ni". One of the gore-iest animes of all time.

Can anyone else recommended me gory/explicit anime?

Back
Top Bottom