The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I'm still with bleach too but as the other mentioned it's the pacing, this arc is actually really good, I jus think he wasted a crap ton of chapters....
I get the pacing and unnecessary fodder fight complaints but I always try to look at anime/manga in the bigger scheme of things as far as plot-kai. Call me optimistic, lol..
Naruto never truly piqued my interest as well as One Piece, so I can't speak to there pacing but I have just been with Bleach for sooooooo long, it's hard to give up now.
Plus I'm truly divested in the characters, especially Ichigo...
But at the same token, there's not many anime/mangas I care for anymore. I was strong in the scene in my younger years but I do thank everybody in here for the recommendations. Especially for KLK and Ben-to. My girl and I enjoyed the hell out of those two series. Really liking "Attack on Titan" as well..

Man this fullbring arc is garbage...**** is just an eye sore honestly..the villains don't even look cool anymore. After the Espada thing bleach shoulda just let it go....

Naruto idk...no comment idk what to say

I get the pacing and unnecessary fodder fight complaints but I always try to look at anime/manga in the bigger scheme of things as far as plot-kai. Call me optimistic, lol..
Naruto never truly piqued my interest as well as One Piece, so I can't speak to there pacing but I have just been with Bleach for sooooooo long, it's hard to give up now.
Plus I'm truly divested in the characters, especially Ichigo...
But at the same token, there's not many anime/mangas I care for anymore. I was strong in the scene in my younger years but I do thank everybody in here for the recommendations. Especially for KLK and Ben-to. My girl and I enjoyed the hell out of those two series. Really liking "Attack on Titan" as well..

I've been with Naruto since. 2003/4 (anime first), I remember chuunin exam had me mad hype.
Bleach since about 2005
Naruto Ultimate ninja 3 Import and Bleach Blade battlers import on my modded ps2 was the illest 2 games I've ever played in my life.

I'm super invested as well and it hurts. ..

I didn't start One piece til about 2009/2010 (whenever thriller bark was happening in the manga is where I started reading from the beginning. )
I probably Love one Piece more now, then when I first started.
and has progressed to my #1 Manga. (need to start looking at that one pace thing soon , shout out to @LEB13)

Man I dropped bleach after the Fullbringer arc and haven't looked back. At this point with Naruto I'm too far along to drop it, but most weeks I'm just like 
indifferent.gif
 "why Kishi, what happened?"
Only reason I'm still reading bleach, naruto and fairy tail. I've put too much time into them to just stop now. Especially Bleach and Naruto.
I'm still mad sasuke only used kirin once. That jutsu was flames, especially how he set it up
How it needs to be set up is the main reason he hasn't used it again.

Him planning ahead and itachi not truly taking the fight seriously/dying from AIDS is the only reason he pulled it off the first time.

Damn Naruto/Bleach and One Piece been out that long...
Feel so old reading that..
Lol..
Time surely does pass by quickly.
Literally my first "true" anime series I followed were Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, Ronin Warriors( don't judge me,lol)..
Then I saw Ninja Scroll and DBZ( specifically The Cell Series)and that changed my life..
And I know this is blasphemy but I have never seen any Evagelion movies or series..
I used to marathon anime on the weekends, not so much now. Might take this time out to finish series I didn't know continued like Gantz Manga. Also watched some Samurai Champloo tonight. Just as good as I remembered it, plus my lady never saw it. She's finishing it as I type..
Lol..
Sorry for long post. Taking a trip down memory lane..

Man I need Slave In Utero to hurry up and get healthy and start Tower of God again. I think there's 2 or 3 weeks left on his break, hopefully his wrist will be fully healed. 

Talking about series pacing, since the time skip the pacing has become worse than before, especially punk hazard, but at least in One Piece a significant amount of events take place in every chapter. Punk Hazard was like 40 chapters, but probably could have been handled in 25 or 30. Dressrosa the pacing has gotten better except for a few chapters. I never noticed till I caught up which was near the end of Fishman Island. Got a late start cause when I would hear about One Piece back in the day it didn't sound appealing. 

The only manga series I read on a weekly basis is Naruto and History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi. Bleach used to be one and Naruto is falling off too. Kenich right now is one of my favorites, but the current arc is starting to drag a bit. Also can't read that manga at work anymore... literary have women fighting with a single thread of clothing covering the nipps and my boss sits in the next cube 
laugh.gif
. Green Blood is a good one that I need to catch up on.  Can anyone recommend a good series that's fairly new? Don't wanna have to read 900 chapters to get caught up.

The only manga series I read on a weekly basis is Naruto and History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi. Bleach used to be one and Naruto is falling off too. Kenich right now is one of my favorites, but the current arc is starting to drag a bit. Also can't read that manga at work anymore... literary have women fighting with a single thread of clothing covering the nipps and my boss sits in the next cube 
laugh.gif
. Green Blood is a good one that I need to catch up on.  Can anyone recommend a good series that's fairly new? Don't wanna have to read 900 chapters to get caught up.
Tower of God is only 190 chapters in. Vagabond is really good, but it's 322 chapters in. The Gamer is 39 chapters in and good, but slow paced. Onepunch-man is good, but i don't recommend reading it at work. there's plenty more but those are what I thought of off the top of my head.

laugh.gif
 I said it but I know I'll probably still read it, but this last chapter had me get up and go outside for some fresh air and actually think about what I just read. 

I actually quit on Bleach after the Aizen arc though. 
Son, I pretty much finish any chapter of either one like

image.png

I had managed to quit Bleach at one point too and somehow got sucked back in
mean.gif
If it was someone in this thread that convinced me to pick it back up, I hate you.
I think it was me
laugh.gif

I know I made a strong argument for sticking it through the Aizen arc, skipping the fulbring chapters, and watching Yamato die to some folks in here.

Last edited:
Time surely does pass by quickly.
Literally my first "true" anime series I followed were Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, Ronin Warriors( don't judge me,lol)..
Then I saw Ninja Scroll and DBZ( specifically The Cell Series)and that changed my life..
And I know this is blasphemy but I have never seen any Evagelion movies or series..
Gantz Manga. Also watched some Samurai Champloo tonight. Just as good as I remembered it, plus my lady never saw it. She's ..
Lol I judge you more for Inuyasha, ronin warriors was the show. !

champloo was beast

The only manga series I read on a weekly basis is Naruto and History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi. Bleach used to be one and Naruto is falling off too. Kenich right now is one of my favorites,
HSDK is in my top 10 should be in my top 5 but just something is missing. this arc is dragging, i think they're trying to do too many fights at once this time.

I know I made a strong argument for sticking it through the Aizen arc, skipping the fulbring chapters, and watching Yamato die to some folks in here.

I wasn't against the Aizen arc at all. i think Ichigos goku syndrome during that arc was at an all time high though.

i gave up on bleach a few chapters after azien got imprisoned
stayed away since... my cuz has been telling me what has been going on... soooo glad i never looked back :lol:
only thing i saw recently in bleach was kenpachis shikia

Planning to pick back up on Naruto . Haven't followed it since around chapter 450. 

Deciding between following the manga version or the anime version.

Opinions?

Always went with manga before 

laugh.gif
 I said it but I know I'll probably still read it, but this last chapter had me get up and go outside for some fresh air and actually think about what I just read. 

I actually quit on Bleach after the Aizen arc though. 
Son, I pretty much finish any chapter of either one like

image.png

I had managed to quit Bleach at one point too and somehow got sucked back in
mean.gif
If it was someone in this thread that convinced me to pick it back up, I hate you.
I think it was me
laugh.gif

I'm sitting here wondering who the **** Yamato is and now I realize you meant Yamamoto.

That's too big to not spoiler 
mean.gif
RIP Yama-jii. You was my *****. I hate it had to be you
mean.gif

Sailor Moon Crystal PV

Crazy to think this was supposed to come out last year and now we're only a month away from the premiere

why no one tell me the one piece anime was up to the gladiotor fights ... lol Bartolomew came out like such a bad *** until he met lufffy smh.

Tear jerking episode of naruto this week man :frown:

Neji :frown:

Man I really hate that they decided to do an all out war with obito and madara vs everbody, it really reduces the intensity of the fight. I would have much rather seen a one on one for the final fight.

Side note I forgot how good naruto fights are :smh: man

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom