The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Brehs we got Sabo over here, Dragon's #2, one hit KOing Vice Admirals and going toe to toe with Admirals...

Who trained Sabo? Who taught him his "dragon" based martial arts style and Haki?

Who is logically stronger than top tiers like Ivankov and Bartholomew Kuma simply because he's their commander?

Who's considered by the WG to be the single most wanted and dangerous man alive? Kaidou? BB? Nah. Shanks? lol.

Who's the son of the man who went toe to toe with Roger in the golden years? Who's the father of the main protagonist?

Who's the man closest to Roger's dream of "turning the world upside down" simply because his mere presence incites civil wars and insurrection?

Who's name evoked fear in half of the cast when it was mentioned by Garp?

I promise ya'll 10 years from now when Oda decides to give Dragon a fight ya'll are gonna think back to this post on NT
pimp.gif

Based on hype and genes it's clear Dragon is around the top, but we haven't seen enough from any top tier. Fujitora wasn't going all out again sabo, which Sabo admitted. Dragon's title comes from the fact he is directly opposing the WG and having success in leading the revolution. Dragon is probably top 5, it's just impossible to accurately rank the top 5 based on anything other than speculation currently. Doesn't mean you're wrong, it just doesn't guarantee you're right either.

Last edited:
A word of advice for this OP disscussion...
Please spoiler some of that timeskip stuff, Like Sabo being alive and The marineford fight if you do talk about it. There are people who are just getting into the series now that naruto ended. At least be considerate to them.

Based on hype and genes it's clear Dragon is around the top, but we haven't seen enough from any top tier. Fujitora wasn't going all out again sabo, which Sabo admitted. Dragon's title comes from the fact he is directly opposing the WG and having success in leading the revolution. Dragon is probably top 5, it's just impossible to accurately rank the top 5 based on anything other than speculation currently. Doesn't mean you're wrong, it just doesn't guarantee you're right either.
Just some friendly speculation.

You say top 5, I honestly say top 3.

Top 3 end of series will probably be Blackbeard, Shanks, and Dragon.

I omit Kaidou because Luffy is going to give him the hands at some point before he tackles Blackbeard.

By the way, if anyone thinks that Luffy isn't gonna have to give Shanks the work as well at some point, you're deluding yourself
A word of advice for this OP disscussion...
Please spoiler some of that timeskip stuff, Like Sabo being alive and The marineford fight if you do talk about it. There are people who are just getting into the series now that naruto ended. At least be considerate to them.
Oh **** my bad.

I edited ___'s name out of all of my posts, I hope others do the same with my quotes

Last edited:

Just some friendly speculation.

You say top 5, I honestly say top 3.

Top 3 end of series will probably be Blackbeard, Shanks, and Dragon.

I omit Kaidou because Luffy is going to give him the hands at some point before he tackles Blackbeard.

Oh **** my bad.

I edited ___'s name out of all of my posts, I hope others do the same with my quotes
EOS are we excluding Luffy as Pirate King, b/c at that point he would probably be #1 right? I think after Kaidou loses to Luffy and company he'll drop however soon that may be. I guess you don't subscribe to the idea that Blackbeard will kill Shanks before it's all said and done? Either way Dragon will be around the top regardless. 

Excluding Luffy naturally. When I say end of series I mean near-end-of-series, when all the final battles are raging.
I've read theories about Blackbeard killing Shanks, but Luffy also said he wants to go after all 4 Yonko himself so it could go either way..

I'm actually forgetting about Akainu, now that I think about it.
So near-end-of-series top 5 would have to include

Shanks
Dragon
Blackbeard
Akainu
And Luffy just for formality's sake. Still believe that Dragon is the strongest out of those four
devil.gif
People think Dragon's a weather Paramecia, but that's kind of redundant because we already have Enel with lightning. I figure it's either

Weather

Wind (I think this is more likely because he's always verbally fapping about wind and ****)

Possibly a Dragon Zoan?

Last edited:
Speaking of dragons, I've watched Youtube videos where people speculate that Kaidou might be an actual dragon from Wa No Kuni that ate a human Mythical Zoan. Which would make him an absolute powerhouse.

The theory of Kaidou being a dragon actually holds some weight in my eyes. In 698, both Kinemon and Momonosuke **** bricks at the mere mention of Kaidou, meaning that he holds some greater connection to them. And then it's also revealed that Kinemon hates dragons for some reason. Could Kaidou be the ruler of Wa no Kuni?
nerd.gif

Excluding Luffy naturally. When I say end of series I mean near-end-of-series, when all the final battles are raging.
I've read theories about Blackbeard killing Shanks, but Luffy also said he wants to go after all 4 Yonko himself so it could go either way..

Shanks
Dragon
Blackbeard
Akainu
And Luffy just for formality's sake. Still believe that Dragon is the strongest out of those four
devil.gif
Don't sleep on Kizaru bruh If he wasn't such a lazy ***** he'd be an unstoppable beast. A light logia? Son that's beyond broken.

Man, where the hellllllll is Naruto?!

........:smh:......................................:frown: Gonna miss saying that.

Shanks
Dragon
Blackbeard
Akainu
devil.gif
Yeah I didn't know if you forgot him or didn't include him. Yeah Luffy did say that, but the speculation is Shanks dies before he gets the chance since he wants to save Shanks for last or him and Shanks just have a davy back fight. I think it'd be a nice twist if done right to have a mini shanks vs BB arc, but we'll see.  I hadn't seen the Kaidou is a dragon who at a human zoan, but which mythological human zoan is left after Sengoku's? I see people saying Kaidou is a Typhon tho. Part of the dragon and Wano connection is when Ryuma slayed that dragon in the Wanted! one shot Oda wrote, which is the same Ryuma from thriller bark. I could see Kaidou having some type of hold on Wano or even being from there and ruining the country's reputation. 

For anyone interested the OP english dub up to 360 just got released. 
I always thought it was weird that salt was the zombies weakness, but apparently zombies made using voodoo had their curse broken using salt. Oda digs deep to find details for his story.

What's a good long manga to start reading? Genres like sports, shounen, slice of life, and comedy. I've pretty much discussed most of the mangas I've read on here already.

For anyone interested the OP english dub up to 360 just got released. 
I always thought it was weird that salt was the zombies weakness, but apparently zombies made using voodoo had their curse broken using salt. Oda digs deep to find details for his story.

I thought the reason was that they were created with devil fruit powers, so when sprinkled with sea salt the shadow leaves the corpse.

I thought the reason was that they were created with devil fruit powers, so when sprinkled with sea salt the shadow leaves the corpse.
 They've just been saying salt in general, it hasn't mattered if it was from the sea or just table salt and everyone's been mentioning how that's a weird weakness to break the curse and make the shadow leave the body. Plus they have to actually ingest it. But even if that was the explanation, the inspiration for it makes sense.

If you want a long series Tower of God is good, Noblesse is pretty decent although the arcs can be formulaic it has action and comedy and slice of life elements. Hayate the combat butler is a slice of life gag manga, Vagabond may not be in your normal reading genre but it's good, the gamer is interesting but it's only 60+ chapters in, Idk if you read Gintama but it's supposed to be the best gag manga, I haven't read it myself though. Koe no Kitachi is a good slice of life manga, but it's only 61 chapters and it ends next week. Shokugeki no souma is great if you don't already read that. That's all I got off the top of my head.

I was bored so I started watching Psycho Pass season 2. I forgot how much I hated this show.

What's a good long manga to start reading? Genres like sports, shounen, slice of life, and comedy. I've pretty much discussed most of the mangas I've read on here already.

Berserk?

They've just been saying salt in general, it hasn't mattered if it was from the sea or just table salt and everyone's been mentioning how that's a weird weakness to break the curse and make the shadow leave the body. Plus they have to actually ingest it. But even if that was the explanation, the inspiration for it makes sense.

If you want a long series Tower of God is good, Noblesse is pretty decent although the arcs can be formulaic it has action and comedy and slice of life elements. Hayate the combat butler is a slice of life gag manga, Vagabond may not be in your normal reading genre but it's good, the gamer is interesting but it's only 60+ chapters in, Idk if you read Gintama but it's supposed to be the best gag manga, I haven't read it myself though. Koe no Kitachi is a good slice of life manga, but it's only 61 chapters and it ends next week. Shokugeki no souma is great if you don't already read that. That's all I got off the top of my head.

"When salt is thrown into a zombie's mouth, the shadow moving the corpse is detached and the zombie is purified. Because salt is a property of sea water and since the shadow was attached due to a Devil Fruit power, the shadow is naturally released."

From the OP wiki, doesnt look like it has to be sea salt, not sure what chapter but I'm sure it was stated in the manga too.

"When salt is thrown into a zombie's mouth, the shadow moving the corpse is detached and the zombie is purified. Because salt is a property of sea water and since the shadow was attached due to a Devil Fruit power, the shadow is naturally released."

From the OP wiki, doesnt look like it has to be sea salt, not sure what chapter but I'm sure it was stated in the manga too.
Cool if that's the explanation. I was just mentioning where I thought the inspiration for salt purifying zombies came from.

Yeah i'm wondering too. I liked Psycho Pass season 1. Didn't know season 2 was out already.

I was bored so I started watching Psycho Pass season 2. I forgot how much I hated this show.
what? why?

Yeah i'm wondering too. I liked Psycho Pass season 1. Didn't know season 2 was out already.

I find the premise dumb, or more accurately, its not written well enough or compellingly enough for it to not be dumb. Like Minority report for example. It has a good basis, but wasn't written well enough so it ended up being stupid and having holes

Also, all the enforcers and inspectors (save for 1 0r 2) seem to be written to be braindead, making for them not to even question the world.

Also how dominators are presented doesn't work. Not for the reader/watcher, we know why the dominators act funky. But characters don't seem to pick up on it. " Mhmm, my dominator isn't working. Ill try it 5 more times just to make sure. oh no, my friends throat got cut, or the person attacked me..." and I know about their hues becoming clouded, but its either that or death

Last edited:
also binge watched/read akame ga kill! .....mannnnn why did I do that???? Now im feenin for chapters like OP HxH & bleach smhh....such a good show man...Got some incursio theories if Ns wanna hear
PM me im only on the anime not the manga (yet) waiting for the anime is excruciating.

Poor comparison. Michael Jordan doesn't have magical ninja superpowers that are in flux based on how many eyeballs he has in his head, whether or not he was reanimated as a zombie, or whether or not he has ancient demon god sealed inside of his body.

If I include Sharingan Kakashi, then that's 15 characters ahead of WhackTachi

I agree and see why he did that.. Jordan was the same man. you wouldnt say Naruto sage, and Naruto senjutsu is the same naruto or the same power level.
2 different characters.

Kingdom I still think Kisame should be on that list, i mean he fought 7th gate Gai (who isn't a wash and probably still up there with that list)

On top of fighting the 4 tail Jinruchicki, who was said to have great element control, while Itachi sat there and watched.

Kisame with sword is on beast mode. (and i'm not even a fan of Kisame as a character, just real recognizes real)

Back
Top Bottom