The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Akatsuki never attacked the village while itachi was in it and alive though
They had literally no reason to. Itachi did "flee" because supposedly he was only there to warn Danzo (who hadn't existed as a character yet), but the Akatsuki didn't start really going after Naruto until later because you had to seal the Tailed Beasts in numerical order

Originally Posted by KingdomFlatbush  

Thinking more and more about how Itachi is a terrible and messily written character.

Homie is supposed to be a spy for Konoha within Akatsuki right? Supposedly he fed information to Konoha about Akatsuki. What information was this? How did Itachi aid Konoha in the fight against Akatsuki at all when he was alive? He made some form of agreement with Obito to keep Konoha safe and yet two powerful Konoha ninja end up dead. Pain's invasion gets a pass because this was after Itachi's death.

WTF the more I think about this the more ridiculous it gets. It took Naruto losing control of the fox and meeting his ghost dead father in order for Konoha to learn that there was man was controlling Akatsuki behind the scenes, despite Itachi colluding with and being close to this man since he was like 13.
laugh.gif
Itachi ain't tell nobody ****
laugh.gif

Danzo, Itachi's main retainer and the guy Itachi was supposedly in cahoots with, didn't even appear until like 50 chapters into Part II.

Itachi is a walking retcon man
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Bruh we get it u hate Itachi stop tryna convince us to leave the gawd. #itachiordiebyamaterasu
***** got more hate in his heart for itachi than a young sasuke. **** ain't healthy.

To those of you who aren't already reading World Trigger I suggest you start.

Especially if you're big on actual strategy being in fights instead of BS friendship powerups.

To those of you who aren't already reading World Trigger I suggest you start.

Especially if you're big on actual strategy being in fights instead of BS friendship powerups.
I'll definitely check it out if it has strategy in fights, probably this weekend or when I finish Lone Wolf and Cub.

Last edited:
I have it in the to-watch list but haven't gotten to checking it out yet. If the manga is the move, I'll drop the anime and get started.

Exactly how I feel. There's probably barely been enough plot to cover a second anime season though :lol:

Sidenote: Started The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya this past Sunday and I'm on episode 5. Still not sure how I feel about it.

Yeah the whole out of order episode timeline is hard to get used to. It all kind of make sense in the end though. Wait til you get to the endless 8 during season 2 :smh:

I have it in the to-watch list but haven't gotten to checking it out yet. If the manga is the move, I'll drop the anime and get started.
Manga is in it's first big battle but the scan quality has been subpar for the past couple chapters.

They're also like 10-15 chapters behind the raws with no dedicated release dates.

with naruto and bleach garbage winding down, all i have left is attack on titan and one piece.

one piece has a ridiculous level of potential story wise, and unexplored concepts like the will of D, void century, etc. can be a tad drawn out sometimes. but overall its a fun read all the time. the anime itself has gotten worse imo. episodes are way too drawn out, and time is wasted with scenes of the "camera" panning across characters for dramatic effect.

and the comedy factor fell way off. and that is saying a hell of a lot. older one piece was hilarious: the davy back games against the foxy pirates, the crocodile arc...comedy writing was STRONG. and when the comedy factor was lowered, it was replaced with epicness and feels, word to the enies lobby and marineford (including impel down) takedown arcs.

dresserosa anime is stalled i think because of the pace of the manga, which may mean they need to move things along with the manga, without forgetting about zatoichi admiral dude and more importantly sabo.

seriously, they better show some development between luffy and sabo, because dude thought he was dead. i don't want to see luffy be like "yo ill holla at u later".

the backstory with law is great, but they need to wrap that up, and get back to main event PPV fight between flamingo and luffy x law

Last edited:
:lol: @ the accuracy of "HiatusxHiatus", I might have to call it that from now on.

Yeah the whole out of order episode timeline is hard to get used to. It all kind of make sense in the end though. Wait til you get to the endless 8 during season 2 :smh:

I didn't even know that was happening :wow:

You just made me slightly more interested in this series :lol:

Manga is in it's first big battle but the scan quality has been subpar for the past couple chapters.
They're also like 10-15 chapters behind the raws with no dedicated release dates.

The manga is just now in its first big battle but they're 5 episodes into the anime? They might've jumped the gun there.

I think I have enough manga that I follow with spotty release dates though so I'll ride the anime out and then switch over.

Last edited:
with naruto and bleach garbage winding down, all i have left is attack on titan and one piece.

one piece has a ridiculous level of potential story wise, and unexplored concepts like the will of D, void century, etc. can be a tad drawn out sometimes. but overall its a fun read all the time. the anime itself has gotten worse imo. episodes are way too drawn out, and time is wasted with scenes of the "camera" panning across characters for dramatic effect.

and the comedy factor fell way off. and that is saying a hell of a lot. older one piece was hilarious: the davy back games against the foxy pirates, the crocodile arc...comedy writing was STRONG. and when the comedy factor was lowered, it was replaced with epicness and feels, word to the enies lobby and marineford (including impel down) takedown arcs.

dresserosa anime is stalled i think because of the pace of the manga, which may mean they need to move things along with the manga, without forgetting about zatoichi admiral dude and more importantly sabo.

seriously, they better show some development between luffy and sabo, because dude thought he was dead. i don't want to see luffy be like "yo ill holla at u later".

the backstory with law is great, but they need to wrap that up, and get back to main event PPV fight between flamingo and luffy x law
The anime is back to only making each episode half a chapter or 1 chapter since it's close to the manga. The problem is that Toei refuses to do a full filler arc to allow the manga to put some space between it. This makes the animation quality and the pacing terrible. A full filler arc would allow them to put more time into animating the canon arc and it could be paced better. Oda won't adjust his pacing to accommodate the anime anyway. Also the pacing is being slowed b/c apparently the younger audience is having a harder time following the story now that it's becoming more complex and even then you still have people who don't understand what's going on at times. If you want faster paced anime tho you can check out One Pace. It's a fan edit of the anime that cuts out the filler in the anime to make a 2 to 3 chapter per episode pace. 

The comedy on Fishman island and punk hazard wasn't really there nor were those arcs great, but I think it's coming back in Dressrosa. Bartolomeo's been funny and so have the Law and Luffy interactions and some of the jokes are more subtle. I think Oda is finding a groove again, especially the past few months. The first 2 arcs after the time skip were rough, especially coming right after some of the best arcs in the series. 

I don't see the flashback going on much longer a chapter maybe 2 I'd guess. As for Luffy and sabo, hopefully Sabo will drop Luffy off at Zou and we can see the interaction then since Sunny left. I don't think that can be glossed over and hopefully at that point we can finally get some info on the revs. There are a lot of plot threads dangling around right now in this arc and it's already long, these past few arcs all seem to just be setting bigger events going forward.

Last edited:
Nope. Itachi said multiple times that he was a loyal and proud Leaf shinobi through and through. To the point where he was willing to permanently brainwash his own little brother with an OP jutsu if it meant it would "Protect Konoha". If Kotoamatsukami had hit Sasuke, half of the plot wouldn't have even happened. :lol:

I'm trying to figure out exactly what Itachi did while in Akatsuki to protect the village :rofl:  

That pic you posted though was probably another reason he didn't get the chance to report too much. Obito could be anywhere anytime and damn near hiding, and from this panel alone, he knew Itachi was sort of playing him from Jump.

but Obito also know itachi was pretty powerless to do anything about it at the time.

Akatsuki had some heavy hitters. I think Kisame alone could have beaten Itachi.
(Flame suit [on] off, for all you itachi riders)

And as far as it goes Itachi was helping Akatsuki more than hurting so there was no reason to get rid of him early.

That pic you posted though was probably another reason he didn't get the chance to report too much. Obito could be anywhere anytime and damn near hiding, and from this panel alone, he knew Itachi was sort of playing him from Jump.

but Obito also know itachi was pretty powerless to do anything about it at the time.

Akatsuki had some heavy hitters. I think Kisame alone could have beaten Itachi.
(Flame suit [on] off, for all you itachi riders)

And as far as it goes Itachi was helping Akatsuki more than hurting so there was no reason to get rid of him early.
C'mon.....get real.  Itachi would destroy Kisame.

man, some of you guys really underestimate how haxxed itachi is. he's top 10 easily in the manga. Obito only had the edge because of his sharing an power. He was pretty weak until he translated himself with the rinnegan

man, some of you guys really underestimate how haxxed itachi is. he's top 10 easily in the manga. Obito only had the edge because of his sharing an power. He was pretty weak until he translated himself with the rinnegan

Top 5?

Naruto
Sasuke
Rinnegan Madara
1st
????

Let that story develop brah, its lit in dressrosa....If luffy gets mingo, Kaido def gonna be checking for the homie

Nope. Itachi said multiple times that he was a loyal and proud Leaf shinobi through and through. To the point where he was willing to permanently brainwash his own little brother with an OP jutsu if it meant it would "Protect Konoha". If Kotoamatsukami had hit Sasuke, half of the plot wouldn't have even happened.
laugh.gif

Also,

I'm trying to figure out exactly what Itachi did while in Akatsuki to protect the village
roll.gif

Yeah your're right. But maybe his feeling towards the village started to waiver after committing massacre?. Plus I'm not really sure what Itachi could of told the leaf? That they were collecting tailed beast? he low-key alerted them when he came after Naruto, even though they hadn't collected the other tailed beast and couldn't seal them.

Top 5?

Naruto
Sasuke
Rinnegan Madara
1st
????
I don't feel like ranking each by power, because it's kinda flimsy in those regards. because when you think about it, 2nd hokage knows edo and FTG( his variation). theoretically that'd be enough pwn most, but for plots sake he got his butt kicked by Madara.

but you'd have the 4 hokages, naruto, sasuke, Madara, pain, itachi, and probably orochimaru for the mere fact that he's still alive after being "killed" a few times and he knows edo tensei.

that's base characters. I suppose if you give obito the rin negan, he's in there too

Last edited:
also binge watched/read akame ga kill! .....mannnnn why did I do that???? Now im feenin for chapters like OP HxH & bleach smhh....such a good show man...Got some incursio theories if Ns wanna hear

Yeah your're right. But maybe his feeling towards the village started to waiver after committing massacre?. Plus I'm not really sure what Itachi could of told the leaf? That they were collecting tailed beast? he low-key alerted them when he came after Naruto, even though they hadn't collected the other tailed beast and couldn't seal them.

He watched the village from within Akatsuki. They were the most powerful group, so I'm sure they had any intel on who wanted to start problems with konoha. He would also show up, to just remind people that he was around too, IE the Kakashi torture. One thing I don't get is why didn't he show up to stop oro from killing the goat?

I don't feel like ranking each by power, because it's kinda flimsy in those regards. because when you think about it, 2nd hokage knows edo and FTG( his variation). theoretically that'd be enough pwn most, but for plots sake he got his butt kicked by Madara.

but you'd have the 4 hokages, naruto, sasuke, Madara, pain, itachi, and probably orochimaru for the mere fact that he's still alive after being "killed" a few times and he knows edo tensei.

that's base characters. I suppose if you give obito the rin negan, he's in there too

I agree that when it comes to measuring power levels it's hard due to the various techniques and what not. But some guys are clearly overpowered. At this point naruto and sasuke are clearly the 2 strongest in the manga right now. It's a given that madara and the 1st are the next 2 up. It's just who's 5th? Right now imo it's a tie between Pain, Itachi, and Obito.

**** you Oda, for making this hilarious *** character and mento knowing about how great this damn story was sooner than this.

This ****** really said he dreams to doodle his friends dog one day and 5 chapters later, the damn dog is doodled.

******* genius

Back
Top Bottom