The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Golden Boy is the best Shounen anime/manga. End of discussion.
pimp.gif
Its a very short series (5-6 episodes) so you can finish it in one sitting.
laugh.gif
Still trying to find the last couple volumes online so I can finish the series. It's way different reading it than watching it. It's a seinen not a shounen. Dude is smashing every girls left and right, y'all talking about resisting the yambs, nah he was hitting then leaving. I was almost done with his backstory that showed the girl who changed his life and made him the way he is when we see him when I ran outta volumes think the last 2 don't have translations. Then there was a 2 volume sequel in 2010 and 2011. 

Also it's strictly the 2011 HxH reboot. The original admittedly is not that good.

I did lol @ Gon being a boring character though

Dude also wrote YU YU HAKUSHO which IS one of the most critically acclaimed animes. 

I watched all the anime, even read a bit of he horribly drawn manga around the chimera ant arc(wish I hadn't cuz it spoiled it for me smh :smh: )

The first arc of bleach is classic...it just falls off so bad.

Yuyu hakusho is in my top, no dispute there

gon IS a boring character, very boring. NOTHING about his backstory is interesting...kuripika and killua have WAY more interesting backstorys that I would care to find out about.

Also was that arc about killuas sister :lol: a person who can grant any wish come on lmfao, that was some bootleg DBZ ****

Last edited:
Gon is a hell of a lot more interesting than Eren or Mikasa. But I never like the main characters of shows really, it's always the side characters.

That boy Hiei >
smokin.gif

And AOT is a game changer because it IS getting people into anime who would normally think it's lame. FMAB or HxH ain't doing that...but that's mainly cuz the content is more mature, no mythical creatures, bunny rabbit lookin villains etc
FMA did that in 2004 and I'm sure FMAB did that in 2009. I've shown FMAB to two people who thought anime was wack, now they love FMAB and want to watch FMA 2004. FMAB is at the top of anime quality, objectively. To say FMAB ain't doing that, is not fair. IDK how you're measuring anime popularity, but it's much easier for things to go viral than it was in 09. 

Maybe I'm missing reading your last sentence, but are you saying AOT is more mature than FMA?

Fairy Tale
I always got hyped when Natsu would get his "friendship" power ups but this arc has been ridiculous. No has even come close to touching him.

Yuyu hakusho is in my top, no dispute there

Definitely a contender for the GOAT anime series. :nthat: Had it's early episodes with no greater overarching plot to them, but once Yusuke starts hunting down the sacred artifacts, then the saint beasts it hits the ground running.

EDIT: Itachi Itachi Eren's a terrible main character. Best thing he did was "die".

Last edited:
Has anyone read Monster? Trying to decide if I should read or watch it. Probably gonna read a bunch of Urasawa's stuff this summer. I started 20th century boys need to go back to it. I read Pluto, which is based off an Astro boy arc and it was really good, if anyone likes mystery, thriller, type mangas. I've been building up my summer reading list. My list of animes is lacking though- just have Durarara and Cross game as definite watches along with Gansta when it starts.

Has anyone read Monster? Trying to decide if I should read or watch it. Probably gonna read a bunch of Urasawa's stuff this summer. I started 20th century boys need to go back to it. I read Pluto, which is based off an Astro boy arc and it was really good, if anyone likes mystery, thriller, type mangas. I've been building up my summer reading list. My list of animes is lacking though- just have Durarara and Cross game as definite watches along with Gansta when it starts.

Bruh....Do it. The cast of Monster is well developed, the artwork is top notch, and the storyline is incredibly complex and interesting. You can honestly read or watch it. The anime is damn near identical to the manga, with only a few scenes being removed and a few others being added. I'd say that unless you do it back to back you probably wouldn't notice, and that the storyline itself doesn't suffer either way. Similar to Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, the anime is an incredibly faithful adaptation of the manga. Read or watch it, you won't regret it.

FMA did that in 2004 and I'm sure FMAB did that in 2009. I've shown FMAB to two people who thought anime was wack, now they love FMAB and want to watch FMA 2004. FMAB is at the top of anime quality, objectively. To say FMAB ain't doing that, is not fair. IDK how you're measuring anime popularity, but it's much easier for things to go viral than it was in 09. 

Maybe I'm missing reading your last sentence, but are you saying AOT is more mature than FMA?

Yes, AOT is more mature...

Bruh....Do it. The cast of Monster is well developed, the artwork is top notch, and the storyline is incredibly complex and interesting. You can honestly read or watch it. The anime is damn near identical to the manga, with only a few scenes being removed and a few others being added. I'd say that unless you do it back to back you probably wouldn't notice, and that the storyline itself doesn't suffer either way. Similar to Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, the anime is an incredibly faithful adaptation of the manga. Read or watch it, you won't regret it.
Alright cool I'll read it then cause I can probably read it quicker than I can watch it. I only ever hear good things about Urasawa's work. Read Pluto if you haven't yet, it's only 65 chapters but it's surprisingly complex. You'd have no idea it was based off an Astro Boy arc if Atom wasn't in it and if Tezuka's name wasn't listed as a co-author so he could use the characters. 

Finally found a good way to store my planning to read lists so I don't lose em anymore. Wish I had a still had a list for series I read in the past. 

Alright cool I'll read it then cause I can probably read it quicker than I can watch it. I only ever hear good things about Urasawa's work. Read Pluto if you haven't yet, it's only 65 chapters but it's surprisingly complex. You'd have no idea it was based off an Astro Boy arc if Atom wasn't in it and if Tezuka's name wasn't listed as a co-author so he could use the characters. 

Finally found a good way to store my planning to read lists so I don't lose em anymore. Wish I had a still had a list for series I read in the past. 

I'll do that. I've been meaning to check out more of Urasawa's work anyways. Just gonna have to find time to balance it with all the anime i'm trying to catch up on.

Yea I co-sign with Monster, it really is a well put together anime. Its that true thriller of an anime that your dont get from many that leaves you wanting more. Wanting to find out the mystery and what could be in the mind of the cast. I need to re watch the anime since Netflix decided to take it down while I was a 1/4 of the way in. Plus its a lengthy anime from what I remember.

Yeah I'll read monster either before or after I read prison school. After Monster I'm gonna read 20th century boys and 21st century boys. It's way easier for me to manage manga then anime. And plenty of manga I read are coming to an end or have slow releases, like Vagabond is in its last arc and comes out monthly, Gangsta only gets translations when volumes are released, Ace of Diamond is on hiatus until the author figures out what to do with part 2.

I've finished the anime and I have no desire to see what the manga is like, since the anime was so good. The music is excellent, which I feel is worth watching the anime instead for.

Yes, AOT is more mature...
ibupvRE6hq2S4P.gif

Hom%C3%BAnculos.jpg

titan05-premux.mkv_snapshot_18.53_2013.05.04_16.02.51.jpg
tumblr_inline_n1fsxbIPfX1r4djkl.gif

Last edited:
Lol come on bro. We gon Alfonz whining every other episode as well and the comedic relief exchanges between the two bros all the time.

There is 0 of that in AOT...none. Closest thing you get to that is hanji-san's weird personality

Lol come on bro. We gon Alfonz whining every other episode as well and the comedic relief exchanges between the two bros all the time.

There is 0 of that in AOT...none. Closest thing you get to that is hanji-san's weird personality
blasphemy-o.gif

How much empathy did you give Alphonse?
Dude's dad left, mom's passed, and he lost his body.
His "whining" was acceptable.

The threats of each of the shows is a bigger aspect than each show's comic relief.

There's a lot of comic relief in AOT. Especially the manga.
 The horse trainer, the old dude who saves Eren, etc.
Maybe they didn't stick out to you, but the comic relief exchanges are there.

Maybe FMA's comic relief is stuck out more to you because they try sell the jokes, which IMO is hilarious. They set up a premise, then they run with it. Like Edward being tall, edward being short, etc.

The vast majority of threats that the main characters face in AOT are essentially huge hungry babies.

You know how babies can figure out how to climb up those child safety walls to get what they want, Titans are the same thing.

Titans are essentially reverse Rugrats.
roll.gif

Last edited:
I don't mind Alphonse whining, I'm just saying it brings the tone of the show back from serious to playful, which is cool to me(one piece is my fav so I could never talk down on joking/comedic anime)

I normally don't even like 100% serious all the time anime, AOT kinda opened that gate for me :lol: got me checking for animes that normally I would skip right over...(Tokyo ghoul, psycho pass, etc)

Forgot about potato chip girl :lol:

After the getting over initial creepiness of the Titans, you right they are kinda funny, especially the way they be running and their faces lol

Last edited:
I don't mind Alphonse whining, I'm just saying it brings the tone of the show back from serious to playful, which is cool to me(one piece is my fav so I could never talk down on joking/comedic anime)

I normally don't even like 100% serious all the time anime, AOT kinda opened that gate for me
laugh.gif
got me checking for animes that normally I would skip right over...(Tokyo ghoul, psycho pass, etc)

Forgot about potato chip girl
laugh.gif

After the getting over initial creepiness of the Titans, you right they are kinda funny, especially the way they be running and their faces lol
Hellsing, Claymore, and apparantly Beserk are also 100% serious anime.

Back
Top Bottom