The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Mob Psycho 100
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Tempted to read the manga after what just happened

DON'T EVEN REMIND OF HOW TO PICK UP GIRLS IN A DUNGEON AND, ROKKA, AND NO GAME NO LIFE. LOVE THEM BUT NO IDEA IF THEY WILL EVER FINISH THE ANIMES :smh:

Still waiting on ol boy to get his shift back :smh:

not watching mob psycho at this point is like a sin b.

like how you denying yourself all this white t poison? :smh:

I don't really know the meaning of it

Thoughts about this week's episode from someone on Kissanime. He's been writing his thoughts in the comments section after each episode. Apparently he's been reading the light novels. It's helped me pick up on somethings that I missed in the anime. Long read but I thought it was interesting.

Mitrospeed 2 days ago

I guess anyone who has seen this episode realizes that this is a mere set up episode, the final breather before the storm hits us.

First off we see how Julius introduces himself and one thing becomes very clear. He makes an approach to Subaru before they even exchange words. He introduces himself not as a knight from the order but as a mere wanderer. He puts himself on the same ground as the people around him. I think that’s a really mature way of Juli to start their makeup because his status as a knight was pretty much a key point for the conflict between him and Subaru. I also think its interesting how Ferris mentions chivalry, especially with Willhelm’s words later on but we get to that.

We once again get the confirmation that what Juli ( why the hell does it have to be my real life nickname, this is so confusing >.

Hajime No Ippo
yo, is that a death flag that popped up in the latest chapter? did the coach just cough up blood? :nerd:

Anyone here know the inspiration/origin of attacks like the Kamehameha or Hadouken?

I randomly thought about how cool and iconic both attacks are, but what's the original one? Before either of those 2. I searched the interwebz investigating for a while but couldn't find out.

There's gotta be an OG hand energy wave/fireball attack. Can any of you guys think of something that precedes those 2?

I would have thought somewhere on the interwebz there was a timeline/history of that type of attack article. I think it would make for an extremely cool read.

Last edited:
One Piece
I wasnt expecting that from cracker, but now the fight got more interesting. :lol:
Chopper might have a good idea to travel straight to the castle.
And things arent looking good for Sanji. :lol:

Anyone here know the inspiration/origin of attacks like the Kamehameha or Hadouken?

I randomly thought about how cool and iconic both attacks are, but what's the original one? Before either of those 2. I searched the interwebz investigating for a while but couldn't find out.

There's gotta be an OG hand energy wave/fireball attack. Can any of you guys think of something that precedes those 2?

I would have thought somewhere on the interwebz there was a timeline/history of that type of attack article. I think it would make for an extremely cool read.
I want to say that it comes from martial arts in general. The idea that you can gather energy from your surroundings and convert it to an attack. Anime and manga just took it a step further and had it be visible etc

Like remember in the Last Dragon when Leroy finally became a master and was able to use "the glow" etc. same concept just given a visual cue for the audience

Anyone in this thread play One Piece Burning Blood?? PSN KingHenXXVV......Rob Lucci (Film Gold) Drops tomorrow!!!!

One Piece
I think Oda while making Cracker look incredibly strong also just made him very beatable. His talk about being unable to take pain and the fact he probably hasn't actually been hit in years means Luffy probably only needs to land a hit on his actual body and he's done. His sword can cut through Luffy's Haki and G4 body, which Doffy's strings couldn't do, so he's still a threat even outside the armor. Plus he uses hit and run tactics with "living shield". So Luffy should focus on speed rather than power this fight, just to get to Cracker's real body. Maybe if the theories that G4 has multiple forms is right, we'll see one of them.
Chopper is finally being useful. It's about time. His plan is actually pretty good. They can't get out of the mirror, but they can probably use it to find things and possibly communicate with Sanji.

Pedro and Brook are making moves, which is good to see.

Nami is finally back in character. I wonder what her plan is. 

Sanji looks like he's reliving some childhood trauma. Hopefully everything starts converging soon. Also the bomb from Fishman island will probably go off during the gift exchange.

That full Mob Psycho OP is so :pimp:....

It's my second favorite OP behind Jojo part 4 OP 2. :pimp:

The only question I have about the OP is, why do they skip the numbers 88 and 90? I read somewhere that 88 might have a negative connotation, but i dont know anything about why they might have skipped 90. :lol:

Last edited:
Yea I had to replay mob psycho intro a couple of times cause the song is so good lol

Last edited:
DON'T EVEN REMIND OF HOW TO PICK UP GIRLS IN A DUNGEON AND, ROKKA, AND NO GAME NO LIFE. LOVE THOSE ANIMES BUT NO IDEA IF THEY WILL EVER FINISH THE ANIMES :smh:
so for anyone who cares the naruto anime is about to end lol

Finally.

I've been watching 90's anime recently (now watching Yu yu hakusho), and I thought how good it was when fillers were nonexistent.

MAN YU YU HAKUSHO IS THE STRAIGHT UP GOAT. LOVE THAT SHOW. I RECENTLY REWATCHED THE ENTIRE THING ABOUT 4 MONTHS AGO :pimp:

I don't even know what's going on in GOH anymore. This new level of power is just ridiculous. This is one of the most solid Ls ever taken.

I really wanna know how the crew manages to turn this into a W because I tell ya right now I don't see it happening.

Solid list, though i'd have placed Porco Rosso as more than an honorably mention and would have switched the top three around.

Back
Top Bottom