The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Solid list, though i'd have placed Porco Rosso as more than an honorably mention and would have switched the top three around.

With me and Ghibli films that I've seen, I'm kinda like there are 3 categories( well 4 but ill get to that in a sec). Goat movies and then the other ones that are just okay

Not that good/ kinda bad
- Tales from Earth sea
- Secret world of arriety

Just okay/ solid
- Whisper of the heart
-Porco Rosso
- Wind Rises( really disappointed. Could've been great)
-From up on poppy hill
-Ponyo( although this is borderline great imo)

-Goat
5. Kikis delivery service

4. Castle in the sky. Although CITS may have some of the best music of any Ghibli film. Up there with Princess Mononoke and Spirited away. Joe Hisaishi is the Goat

3-1. Howls moving castle, Princess Mononoke, spirited away. Any given day the order of my top 3 can change although I will say that Spirited away and Princess mononoke imo are perfect movies and Howls does have its share of flaws so there's that

-In the third category is Grave of the fireflies. Probably the most devastating movie I've ever seen. It's great but not the kinda great that the other movies are

* never seen totoro, marnie, only yesterday, or kaguya. And it's been years since I've seen Nausicaa

Last edited:
before I commit to re:zero when does it start getting good? I watched the first episode & it keemed kinda slow

before I commit to re:zero when does it start getting good? I watched the first episode & it keemed kinda slow
Fam

I was lost but now I see

Re:Zero is the Gospel

Watch it and you won't regret it

From beginning to end

Take my word for it

red storm is so 
pimp.gif

its what bleach should have been

They're pretty different so I can't agree with that, but Red Storm is indeed better.

Rhinoceros horn 
pimp.gif

i just meant like imagine if ichigo was like julian instead

nosa could be like urahara

the desert is hueco mundo

the empire are like the quincies

shubei and the rest are like renji, byakyua etc

only not enough female characters in red storm

I like how many different translations of Noya's name there is. There's Noya, Noah, Nosa, bruh got more names than John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt 
laugh.gif

You think he's finally gonna lose a fight? This guy he's facing is confident but a different kind from everyone else. Like he knows he can win.

The guy that sent him back to where he came from cheated so I don't count that as a W. He was getting his *** whooped and then just banished him 
mean.gif

you talkin about sir richard i think his name was? dude that turned into a dragon? yea he got demolished 
laugh.gif

noya aint takin no losses
pimp.gif
 hayzeus boutta get demolished too

i wanna see what that device does to him 
nerd.gif

what happened to julian going to school and all that?

that whole thing is done for now they just bout to go to war?

Civil war broke out and he was a part of it so his schooling is done for now. Maybe when the war is over he can go back and learn more.

and he still gotta fight that other god of war guy

and noys dtill has more levels to the heavenly demon to teach i think?

there needs to be an anime/movie etc for this man

The guy that killed his mom right? Venersis. A fight between war gods. Can't wait 
pimp.gif

I love how he forgot he was one until he got the sand in his eyes fighting that trash arrow guy 
laugh.gif

And I think he's only on level 9 or 10 of the heavenly demon technique which in his own words just puts him at the beginning.

So yeah he still has a lot to learn. An anime would be so awesome. Thrint moving at high speed 
pimp.gif

yea these empire force users have been weaksauce 
sick.gif

also julian rematch against that one old guy who he didnt quite kill 
pimp.gif

there are still like two other countries they barely touched on too so far 
eek.gif

and what happened to his og horse?
nerd.gif

i know its minor, but they kinda made the horse a big deal again in these last couple chapters

i gotta admit i dont understand any of the politics of the tribes 
laugh.gif

Yeah the force users are really cocky but compared to what we've seen of others they're really not anything special at all. They just think they are.

Review roundup :
One piece: I'm liking crackers design and really cool & EVERYBODY guessed the two brothers names right

MHA: I'm interested in this presence trick she has since she says it isn't a quirk I wonder if they'll ever explain it

Shokugeki: the stakes just got higher but this is one recipe I doubt I'll try to recreate[emoji]128517[/emoji]
Re:Zero: well that ended the way I expected it to happen but still surprised it happend

Tokyo ghoul re: it's just farts [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] that's actually the weirdest/most logical explanation in the history if this manga

I thought i was the only shokugeki fan. I need to catch up with that and. OP

Last edited:
on ep 5/6 of yu yu , already liking it. i know this came out before but it reminds me of kateyko hitman reborn where it was light hearted

on ep 5/6 of yu yu , already liking it. i know this came out before but it reminds me of kateyko hitman reborn where it was light hearted

Enjoy. Just finished watching it, felt like 112 episodes is too short (especially after watching 470+ episodes of Naruto Shipuuden).

I recently made a mistake of jumping directly to chapter 351 of Hunter x hunter. Now I have to wait for chapter 361. Anyone who has a reliable info on when that will be released? Google only gave rumors.

Tower of God
Looking forward to see Hatsu's new sword and if he's able to use it for Shinsu infusion that he's been working on since the workshop battle. While I don't expect him to win, I also don't expect him to lose his name when Laure is on his back.
I think Leesoo made the move of destroying the elevator and helping Baam and Khun, due to feeling guilty about using Baam. I also think he realizes that his team would have significant trouble stopping Baam and Khun. However, I would have liked to see conflict between Leesoo and Baam's team. 

The pace of this arc is very quick, so I wonder if it'll be as straight forward as it's been progressing or if SIU has some plot twists to throw at us. We know Ha Jinsung is watching, so I wonder how that will come into play, and Ha Yuri is watching. A good twist would be word of Androssi starts making it up the chain and Zahard orders her to be hunted. 

Also, I'm wondering if Baam's unwillingness to forgive Kaiser is Baam the God talking or Baam the human, or if those are becoming the same. I'm hoping we get to see him go into the rice pot one more time, because he's become more interesting each time he's gone in. 

Back
Top Bottom