The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

wkas Shisui ever talked about pre time skip??
I sort of feel liike kishi legit made stuff up post time skip to make up stuff.
Why was it necessary to kill off Uchiha pre time skip. if the only beast with sharigan, (itachi shisui, kakashi) were all extreme good guys?
that doesn't make any sense to me. here had to be more than handful to even be a threat to konoha.?

I feel like kishi didn't explain properly the reason uchiha had to go.

EDIT:
What would have made more sense is if they explained it as majority of the Uchiha followed Danzo, and they were planning a coup because of him, but no one could prove Danzo was behind it (thus why he survived so long) So that's why itachi had to do his mission.

I miss these talks.

Last edited:
I wasn't about to see even I know why the uchiha had to go. :lol:

But the Naruto talk is dope. You guys go into heavy detail. So props for that. :pimp: I watched the whole series but only read some of the manga so I probably missed some stuff I guess. But good stuff guys.

And it wasn't until They really started to explain what Itachi was all about that they talked about Shisui right?

IIRC, Shisui got one mention pre-timeskip, during Sasuke's flashback to the massacre, when Itachi was confronted over Shisui's "suicide". Most of the detail wouldn't come until years later, when Itachi was about to "die" for the second time and showed Sasuke his memories, which featured Shisui's own death.

Last edited:
Immediately after the fight in chapter 700 It was probably Naruto> Sasuke, but after Sasuke leaves to travel I think he would have gained a higher level of mastery over the rinnegan to push him past Naruto. Sasuke had it for like a couple hours before fighting naruto

I believe someone asked for our opinions on how the Akatsuki stacked up against one another. If not, too bad :lol:

Akatsuki Power Levels:

Madara
Nagato
Itachi
Obito
Orochimaru
Kisame
Kakuzu
Sasori
Deidara
Hidan
Konan
Zetsu

Some people can fluctuate, like Obito, due to gaining other abilities down the line, but this is me counting all of them with their base abilities. So, no Juubi or Rinnegan for Obito, just his Mangekyou. Also not counting the Juubi for Madara, but with him I really don't think it matters, because I consider him to be the strongest member whether he has just the Eternal Mangekyou, Hashirama's DNA, or the Rinnegan combined together.

I'm...iffy on Konan, because she's got like no feats to really speak of, but her ability is kind of hax regardless. She could probably take Hidan if it came down to it, so those two can be switched in my opinion.

I guess you could also consider Kabuto and Taka (Sasuke and his team, originally known as Hebi) on the list, but I never felt they were as affiliated with the group as the above characters, so I didn't.

EDIT: Thinking on it, I might need to place Kisame a little higher.

Last edited:
It's better to not ask questions about the uchiha massacre as it makes no sense really. Like let's be real, shisui had the most broken hax maybe ever in the series. He could've made Danzo his puppet and prevented the resentment. Sure they may have had an uprising but they also could have negotiated once danzo was out of the picture

An Itachi vs Obito fight would have really been something to see. Outside of Madara these two probably were the most knowledgeable on the sharingan.

An Itachi vs Obito fight would have really been something to see. Outside of Madara these two probably were the most knowledgeable on the sharingan.
Obito was somewhat trash tier until he got the rinnegan from Nagato. His only real technique was warping. Itachi stomps him pre rinnegan and likely after since he didn't use it to its full potential.

Someone refresh me on the shisui story...

- really strong Uchiha
- somewhat of a pacifist
- itachis mentor
- somewhere along the lines he fought with danzo and had one of his eyes stolen
- he then came up with the plan to have itachi kill him and gives him his remaining Sharingan

Obito went toe to toe with the 4th though..and his body still wasnt full strength.....

So danzo was trying tonframe uchiha the whole time and just pluck out eyes while they were dead?

Obito went toe to toe with the 4th though..and his body still wasnt full strength.....

So danzo was trying tonframe uchiha the whole time and just pluck out eyes while they were dead?
Do you remember how that fight went though. Minato got handcuffed and then went 2nd gear flying thunder God and rasengand obits in the back. It's not like he really stood a chance

Yes. After Danzo saw that the Uchiha could control the 9 tails. He was plotting on their eyes. Even obito said his sharingan arm could control a tailed beast

Anime of the year awards

https://theanimeawards.com/index.html

Anime of the year:
- Erased
- Joker Game
- Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
- Mob Psycho 100
- My Hero Academia
- Re:Zero
- Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju
- Yuri!!! On Ice

Most nominations

Crunchyroll is really pushing Yuri on ice extra hard. For like the last 2 months that's all they tweet about

Sucks that Konosuba and RE zero got so little love

Last edited:
Been slowly working through Yuri on Ice these last couple of weeks and I'm a fan.

Not sure if I would put it in my top 5 of the year but it's definitely a well-crafted series with some cool skating scenes.

I didn't expect to see Kabaneri of the Fortress in the top spot. Made me realize that I never watched the last 3-4 episodes though. It felt like it was on the cusp of taking a turn into a way more linear final altercation and that took a bit of my interest away. I'll wrap it up this week though.

Also a little surprised to see Joker Game there since it seemed like the episodic nature of it disappointed people. I still want to go back and watch that too, only seen the first 2-3 eps.

Not mad at any of the nominees they picked though.

EDIT: The lack of Re:ZERO love is a crime :smh:

Last edited:
There's a lot of stuff that's missing.

- Days
- Haikyuu
- 91 Days
- ReLife

Erased, Sakamoto, and Kabaneri shouldn't be anywhere near this list. But those are also more mainstream

Last edited:
I believe someone asked for our opinions on how the Akatsuki stacked up against one another. If not, too bad :lol:

Akatsuki Power Levels:

Madara
Nagato
Itachi
Obito
Orochimaru
Kisame
Kakuzu
Sasori
Deidara
Hidan
Konan
Zetsu

Please give Kisame that respect. I'd also go as far as putting orochi over obito.

Im still extremelty iffy about nagato. I feel like his mastery of the rinnegan is way better than what sasuke madara or obito could do, but the way jiraya and naruto took on the 6 paths im just not sure.

There's a lot of stuff that's missing.

- Days
- Haikyuu
- 91 Days
- ReLife

Erased, Sakamoto, and Kabaneri shouldn't be anywhere near this list. But those are also more mainstream

I've never gave either of the first two a watch, but the closest things to sports anime on that list are Yuri on Ice and Keijo to the best of my knowledge, so I'm not surprised that they didn't make the discussion.

91 Days is indeed another dope one (that I have to go back and finish) that I easily would put over half that list though.

Bungou Stray Dogs as well.

I do like RE:Life, to the point that it even caused me to get back into the manga, but I'm not sure if I feel like it's anime of the year material.

On second thought, that list isn't as solid as I felt like it was :lol:

Last edited:
Kabgarbage being ahead of Keijo is disgusting.
Just glad they put some respeck on rakugo name and acknowledged that existence of greatness.
But Poco's udon world is AOTY. Period. Hands down. No competition.
Sorry not sorry.

Akatsuki Power Levels:

Madara
Nagato
Itachi
Obito
Orochimaru
Kisame
Kakuzu
Sasori
Deidara
Hidan
Konan
Zetsu

Please give Kisame that respect. I'd also go as far as putting orochi over obito.

Im still extremelty iffy about nagato. I feel like his mastery of the rinnegan is way better than what sasuke madara or obito could do, but the way jiraya and naruto took on the 6 paths im just not sure.

I wouldn't place Orochimaru over any of the Uchiha that displayed solid Genjutsu skills. We've seen that's a one hit KO for him every time. Really is a glaring weakness he should take care of.

Madara is the source of Nagato's Rinnegan, having all of its abilities and more. So far, he's also displayed more abilities with it than Sasuke (Though Sasuke in turn gained the unique ability to use his to teleport, so that's something).

I wouldn't place Orochimaru over any of the Uchiha that displayed solid Genjutsu skills. We've seen that's a one hit KO for him every time. Really is a glaring weakness he should take care of.
Madara is the source of Nagato's Rinnegan, having all of its abilities and more. So far, he's also displayed more abilities with it than Sasuke (Though Sasuke in turn gained the unique ability to use his to teleport, so that's something).

We know Itachi was on another level. but like we said before Orochi is practically batman, he wasn't ready to see itachi nor know everything Itachi had in his aresenal, but I feel there was a way he could have beat him. I even think he could've beat sasuke if he wanted to, but i think he had a plan for that also, which is why itachi had to extract him. He may have never been able to beat itachi but he could have atleast got sasuke and with sasukes body he would've been unstoppable.
the real question is if he knew who tobi was the whole time or not.....

I almost forget that Nagato Rinnegan story.
to be honest aside from Shippudden fights i dont remember much of the story..

If say no matter how strong Oro is, Itachi is just a nightmare matchup for him. Edo tensei is probably his ultimate technique from a destructive standpoint, but Itachi has susanoo with a sealing sword which seals any edo zombie then he gets f'd up by Tsukyomi. I do think he beats Sasuke( up until he gets rinnegan and other stuff)

Last edited:

We know Itachi was on another level. but like we said before Orochi is practically batman, he wasn't ready to see itachi nor know everything Itachi had in his aresenal, but I feel there was a way he could have beat him. I even think he could've beat sasuke if he wanted to, but i think he had a plan for that also, which is why itachi had to extract him. He may have never been able to beat itachi but he could have atleast got sasuke and with sasukes body he would've been unstoppable.
the real question is if he knew who tobi was the whole time or not.....

I almost forget that Nagato Rinnegan story.
to be honest aside from Shippudden fights i dont remember much of the story..

Batman wouldn't have lost via Sharingan to Itachi and then lost in the exact same way to Sasuke years later :lol: That's actually as far from Batman as you can possibly get. Orochimaru wasn't beating Itachi, ever. There's being hax in this series and then there's being Itachi Uchiha. The only person more hax than him, in my opinion, is Madara, because for however many ultimate techs Itachi was pulling out, Madara was pulling out even more in rapid succession :lol: Had he been in full health, with access to both of his arms, sure, Orochimaru would've taken Sasuke and Sasuke admitted this. However, Sasuke, with his own brilliance, planned for and chose his moment accordingly. That entire speech he gave to Orochimaru right beforehand was excellent. I'd then say that from around the time of the Kage Summit onwards Orochimaru just isn't beating Sasuke.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom