The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

One punch man [emoji]128686[/emoji][emoji]128686[/emoji][emoji]128686[/emoji][emoji]128686[/emoji][emoji]128686[/emoji][emoji]128686[/emoji]

Skip the trash and head straight to my hero academia :pimp:

lawd yes
first phase 1 of tha 2nd ave subway, now this.
2017 gonna be one for tha history books. :smokin

Last edited:
is anime mainstream now or it is just that dbz is really popular?:nerd:

dbz is really popular tho
I was just using it last night

I just use the website and hdmi my laptop to the tv.

Baki has a lot of music that sounds like Streets of Rage

yup.

baki is one of my favs, the story is ridiculous (mostly in a good way) but the author uses tons of historic martial arts and sports references as a part of its narrative (I gotta google something after most episodes to fact check lol and the manga naturally is deeper story-wise)

it has a few spin-offs as well, the doppo orochi gaiden started off dope when they show yujiro's father but I don't think the rest is translated yet

lawd yes
first phase 1 of tha 2nd ave subway, now this.
2017 gonna be one for tha history books. :smokin
So it looks like at best they are gonna glance over the coup / civil war that happens in the manga and go straight for the titan action. It was the best course I suppose. I'm positive no one wants to sit through a whole season of political jargon. :lol:

I really hope the anti human suppression squad does make an appearance though... :nerd:

AOT Manga
sick.gif

AOT Anime
pimp.gif

SWEET JESUS. AOT SEASON 2 GONNA BE SO LIT.

NOW IF THEY REVEALED SEASON 2 OF ONE PUNCH MAN AND MY HERO ACADEMIA I WOULD BE COMPLETE.

Ehh I liked the takeover arc it was cool to see how they handled humans instead of titans but I guess it's hard to fit in everything into season 2

I've barely watched any anime this year, but I have next week off work, so I'm gonna see what I can binge watch in that time. Definitely gonna go back through the last few pages since everyone has been making year end lists. All I've been doing lately is keeping up with weekly series I'm caught up on. I need to read some new series or find my list of what I was planning to read. If anyone has manga or manwha series to recommend go ahead.

I'm currently reading Monster, but probably gonna start over since I took a long break, then I have 20th century boys planned next, but may not want to undertake from 2 Urusawa projects back to back. I'll probably start kingdom soon too.

Also I finished this one Manwha recently called Flow. It's a pretty quick read. The art is really nice. The concept is that everyone in the world is born with an animal god who will grant you a wish, but once you make the wish there is a paid cost and the stronger your god the bigger the wish it can grant, but obviously the bigger the cost. You can also use your god's powers to fight, which creates a social hierarchy based on what kind of God you have leaving the people with weaker gods near at the bottom.

I had thought that this year was kinda slow anime wise but when I look back there were a lot of good things

March comes in like a lion
ReLife
Re:Zero
Drifters
Days
Haikyuu
Konosuba
Durarara
My Hero academia
Bungie stray dogs
Flying witch
This art school has a problem

I didn't see a lot of shounen/ action stuff out there that I liked. Mainly a ton of comedy/ slice of life

Last edited:
Since The list for 2017 is up

Here's what I'm investing some time into this season
  • Blue Exorcist
  • Little Witch Academy (Because Trigger is behind it)
  • Chaos Child
But that Spring 2017 Anime!

Hero Academy

AOT

BloodBattle

Boruto

Atom the beginning

Alright
I finally gave Yuri on Ice a chance

After the first 1 minute I was like "what is this zesty stuff"

And after 5 minutes this show go kinda hard

Can't go judging a anime by the amount of glitter and sparkle used in the intro

no way you can see this

or

tumblr_inline_oisl516xoy1t4la8k_540.png

and be like " nah, this isn't gonna be something good"

now yall just need to stop sleepin on keijo and poco.

tdogg already consigned tha greatness that is battling hips.

Last edited:
Alright
I finally gave Yuri on Ice a chance

After the first 1 minute I was like "what is this zesty stuff"

And after 5 minutes this show go kinda hard

Can't go judging a anime by the amount of glitter and sparkle used in the intro

Just finished ep 1 and this is the exact same thingni can say about it... you just have to watch.

Keijo is classic to me now BTW

Binge watch successful

Aot Levi skated his heart out!

Jj style will forever live on!

Need Season 2

Binge watch successful

Aot Levi skated his heart out!

Jj style will forever live on!

Need Season 2

I'd probably enjoy it just off of the strength of the skating scenes, but I found myself a bit uninterested in anyone's particular ambitions by the end, despite the writer(s) taking the time to make everyone feel pretty human.

Not sure if I'd give enough of a damn to even pay attention to what's going on outside of the rink in a second season unless the plot somehow takes a compelling turn.

I'm also not sure how much more homoerotic things can get without jumping into a different bracket :lol:

I'd probably enjoy it just off of the strength of the skating scenes, but I found myself a bit uninterested in anyone's particular ambitions by the end, despite the writer(s) taking the time to make everyone feel pretty human.

Not sure if I'd give enough of a damn to even pay attention to what's going on outside of the rink in a second season unless the plot somehow takes a compelling turn.

I'm also not sure how much more homoerotic things can get without jumping into a different bracket
laugh.gif
Bruh

I had to watch this with the door closed and headphones

Had to Shake my head at a few questionable scenes

But then I got deeper into the story and was like "I'll let it slide if they win"

Bruh
I had to watch this with the door closed and headphones
Had to Shake my head at a few questionable scenes

But then I got deeper into the story and was like "I'll let it slide if they win"

:rofl:

So was the silver medal enough of a win to let it slide? :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom