The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Deku is probably the best shounen protag in ever maybe. He's not mentally challenged like Luffy or Naruto,he's not a boring piece of wood like Ichigo, he's not overly pathetic like dude from World Trigger and he's not a Gary stu like Gon. He works for it all and there will still be set backs. But his characterization is much better well done. The supporting cast could use some sprucing up though. Like Give MHA Naruto a supporting cast along with Deku as an MC and that's the perfect ensemble

Last edited:
Some anime some may not have seen but looks good enough to watch 
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1329127

my top 10 that I posted on Gaf

1. Re:Zero :
wow what a surprise. I had just come off Konosuba and I didn’t think much of this. But it just gets deeper and deeper. So much stuff is there. Sure if you took away the loli and maid stuff the show would be better but I don’t think it actively brings it down. Anyway Rem is best girl, Emilia is boring, and I cant wait to see what happens next.

2. Haikyuu:
King of sports anime. season 3 and the second half of season 2 aired n 2016. The second half o f season 2 is superior to 3 by a longshot

3. My Hero Academia:
Really great Shounen and super inspiring. Those first 3 or so Eps just kept delivering the feels. Deku is just such a likeable protag. Maybe the most likeable shounen MC for me in years( leaps and bounds over Naruto, luffy etc). Show has surprisingly good action, good animation, and a solid story line. It could’ve been so much bigger if it came out in the early 2000’s

4. Konosuba:
Maybe tied for the funniest show of the year for me. It isn’t breaking new ground but it does a lot with the existing formula. Overall really funny and Im looking forward to season 2.

5. This Art School has a problem:
Just a random gem that I found. Its tied with Konosuba as the funniest show Ive watched this year. I was pretty hooked on it. Also I kinda got into the shipping of MC’s

6. March comes in like a lion:
Very good SoL show. Evokes your lie in april but more grounded and much less annoying( didn’t like the lead girl in YLIA). Anyway its still ongoing but I feel a deep connection to Rei and am interested in seeing more

7. Durarara:
Final season aired. This is more of an honorary mention because its been so great this whole time. This season was weaker but even a weak Durarara is still one of the best. Sad to see it go. Its in my all time top 10

8. ReLife:
Really surpised me. The premise isn’t groundbreaking but its funny and engaging at times. I did not care for the MC’s love interest
who also happens to be in the reLife program
. Also I thought it was cool how all the eps were available at the same time on CR

9. Days:
I was looking for a good sports anime and this filled the #2 spot next to Haikyuu. It started out great but I got really frustrated at how the MC wasn’t progressing at all. Around the end of the first cour I almost dropped it because I wasn’t satisfied with how the team lost but I stuck with it.
Good show overall and Im interested in seeing the MC grow

10. Flying Witch:
Just a chill SoL show. Super relaxing. Just fun to watch random everyday stuff

Honorable Mentions: Drifters, Sweetness and Lightning, Food wars, Alderamin on the Sky

Didn't finish Rakugo. First EP didn't grab me. I'll try again some other time

maybe i need to read MHA other than watch the anime, but i wasn't a huge fan of the anime.
I totally get that the first season is more about getting into UA and meeting your supporting cast but where that's season ends starts alot of peoples favorite arcs in the series

^ I feel like if My Hero Academia keeps up the pace it has, it's gonna be bigger than the big 3 . Personally I love that series.

Definitely think the potential is there.

Main charachter being a scared punk. Gets strong when he sees his friends in danger

Wouldn't even say it played out like that, because the reason that he ended up getting his quirk to begin with dealt with him rushing into danger to save a guy that had been nothing but a complete *** to him, the point being that having a power isn't what gives you the ability to help people. Really, his strength has nothing to do with his friends being in danger at all, though obviously he fights hard to protect them. He actually works his *** off to not only develop his physical strength (And the endurance to handle it), but his mental strength as well. That's something that separates him from a lot of other protagonists in the Shonen realm. He's not a dumbass. Dude always wanted to be a hero and spent years carefully studying various abilities and scenarios to help him achieve that goal.

I liked Edward and Alphonse for a similar reason, in that their mental abilities had to be just as sharp as their physical ones for them to get by.

Last edited:
I didnt think it was possible to not like Deku. just a normal dude who pushed through all his flaws and shortcomings to put himself in the position to be able to attain his dream. quite the upstanding fellow

Red Storm

tumblr_mzbj7x2CIR1sp0wwjo1_r16_500.gif

Mob psycho 100 was pretty good, reminded me of a mix of World Trigger and Kill la KIll. It was a way to end the anime.

Now to find another one to watch of someones Top 10 list

Finally checking out Silver Spoon. So far i'm enjoying it just as much as I thought I would :smokin

thought i was in the coomic thread

looks like gambit crying about rogue's death.

Can someone kinda give me a quick synopsis of jojo and whats it about.

I feel like it may be oe of those animes ive missed out on just because im not a fan of cover art and games ive seen

I feel like it may be oe of those animes ive missed out on just because im not a fan of cover art and games ive seen

Suspect posing super powered Family and friends coming together to fight against adopted brother and his minions evolves into suspect posing hero and his friends fighting against other evil doers and along the way making friends

I ALSO THOUGHT THE SAME THING UNTIL I STARTED WATCHING IT. I'M STILL NOT A FAN OF THE ART STYLE BUT I'M HOOKED ON THE SERIES.

Finally went back and finished high school of thd dead

Wtf that ending

AND EVANGELION 3.33 IS A WASTE OF TIME

Back
Top Bottom