The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

What are good action/comedy animes are there that I need to check out? I've liked so far FMA/FMA BRO, Nature/Shippuden , Fate Zero, and Bento but I haven't finished it.
I think The Devil is a Part Timer falls under that category.

And people already mentioned Keijo, but yeah, Keijo. :lol:

Reactions: Ube
Nobody gonna mention Kiznaiver

Ending wasn't that satisfying though

Same with Occultic Nine (BS all that build up and rapid talking)

Nobody gonna mention Kiznaiver

Ending wasn't that satisfying though

Same with Occultic Nine (BS all that build up and rapid talking)

Would it be considered an action-comedy though?

I just finished Occultic;Nine yesterday coincidentally. I rocked with it but I agree that the ending was kind of lacking and I felt like they tried to make the characters seem way closer than they actually ever led on to being at the last second.

I don't even consider the talking fast after trying unsuccessfully to watch an episode of The Tatami Galaxy a few months back though :lol:

I legit had to put the video on 1/2 speed to keep up with the subs and still follow the actual show, and then I just cut it off when I realized that I'd be doubling every episode's length if I did that.

Last edited:
Would it be considered an action-comedy though?

I just finished Occultic;Nine yesterday coincidentally. I rocked with it but I agree that the ending was kind of lacking and I felt like they tried to make the characters seem way closer than they actually ever led on to being at the last second.

I don't even consider the talking fast after trying unsuccessfully to watch an episode of The Tatami Galaxy a few months back though
laugh.gif

I legit had to put the video on 1/2 speed to keep up with the subs and still follow the actual show, and then I just cut it off when I realized that I'd be doubling every episode's length if I did that.
Kiznaiver Was more Action-Drama

Had it's comedy when certain characters showed up.

I have more questions than I initially started with after watching O.N.

They just rushed that ending,
I need to know what exactly was Ririka (The Manga Author)
At the end she had a drawing of a female angel acceding into heaven 

She also had knowledge of how to re-enter the living world, (Which I think she did when the detective went to question her she vanished)

The random Ghost Father Appearance with Yuta, (He was there for 2 seconds)

If they had one more episode I don't think Yuta would have died officially.

With all his friends sitting around at the cafe chilling like the Big Homie didn't just risk his teenage life to save everyone,

Mourn My dawg! 

Pour out some Henn or something.
It was a great build up I'll give it that,

Had me trying to figure out what the C-O-D-E was 

I will check those out y'all. Also one show that I got into was a show on Netflix called Ajin. It's an action/drama. Interesting storyline and the fights scenes are dope.

Been meaning to check Ajin out for a while now. I've heard good things about both seasons.

Kiznaiver Was more Action-Drama
Had it's comedy when certain characters showed up.

I have more questions than I initially started with after watching O.N.

They just rushed that ending,
I need to know what exactly was Ririka (The Manga Author)
At the end she had a drawing of a female angel acceding into heaven 
[SIZE=1em]She also had knowledge of how to re-enter the living world, (Which I think she did when the detective went to question her she vanished)[/SIZE]

The random Ghost Father Appearance with Yuta, (He was there for 2 seconds)

If they had one more episode I don't think Yuta would have died officially.

With all his friends sitting around at the cafe chilling like the Big Homie didn't just risk his teenage life to save everyone,
Mourn My dawg! 
Pour out some Henn or something.

It was a great build up I'll give it that,
Had me trying to figure out what the C-O-D-E was 

Yeah I know, that's why I was curious about you bringing it up as a suggestion when fam was looking for action/comedies.

They definitely played around with her without ever really going in-depth about what her deal is, but I feel like she's similar to that little girl's "devil" friend that's capable of leaving his body at will.

Yuta got kicked over into the regular ghost frequency so that's why that moment happened, as weird as it is that his father just happened to be there :lol:

You peeped after the credits? I think Yuta's body might've been some freezer type ****. Which could explain why that cat detective chick couldn't see anything when she tried to enter his memories.

They were mad nonchalant about him not being able to come back though :lol:

That goes with my point about that scene where he agreed to take one for the team feeling mad forced with all the love and tears. Like man, y'all know most of y'all don't really care about that ___ like that :lol:

Didn't pour a thing out for that man even though he let himself die without clapping ol' girl with the big breasts just so that they could all flourish.

Cold world |I

Word, the dots connected in a way that I thought was pretty interesting. End could've been better if they had another episode maybe, but I enjoyed the ride.

Last edited:
Got damn Baki the Grappler's theme is vicious man. About to start up SLAM DUNK. Will let you know my thoughts. You dudes really should try Tiger Mask W man

The Ajin manga was good imo. I haven't checked out the anime yet.

Demons Plan manga has been interesting so far.

What are good action/comedy animes are there that I need to check out? I've liked so far FMA/FMA BRO, Nature/Shippuden , Fate Zero, and Bento but I haven't finished it.
Look no further, Hajime No Ippo.

This was announced a few weeks back at jump fiesta but then it only said "a certain flame flame fruit user"
This is most likely the novel oda was talking about
Depending on when it's released we could see the want country in there since ace went there & we'll be there this year

Harry meeting and proving herself to hermione was OK but little witch potter isn't really living up to tha hype imo.
Great season to catch up on older material before tha bombs drop in spring.

ONE OF ANIME'S GREATEST TRAGEDIES THAT THEY NEVER FINISHED HIGH SCHOOL OF THE DEAD.
and especially the reason why. dude stopped it to pick up that ridiculously pointless triage x crap. and its TERRIBLE. if hotd wasn't doing SO much fanservice, itd easily be a top anime

Harry meeting and proving herself to hermione was OK but little witch potter isn't really living up to tha hype imo.
Great season to catch up on older material before tha bombs drop in spring.

What shows are you working back through? :nerd:

I feel like I've already filtered my list this season down to maybe 7-8 (including second seasons) as well.

I do like LWA though, but maybe I just managed to avoid any of the hype you mentioned. I just wanted that world expanded on and to see more Trigger anime.

Last edited:
What shows are you working back through? :nerd:

I feel like I've already filtered my list this season down to maybe 7-8 (including second seasons) as well.

I do like LWA though, but maybe I just managed to avoid any of the hype you mentioned. I just wanted that world expanded on and to see more Trigger anime.

Haikyuu, panty and stocking, drifters, might try giving sound euphonium another try, ristorante paradiso and research AOT in March.

Is it possible for a chapter that is uploaded to a manga site to be corrupted and cause the site to stop working? I'm on chapter 27 of Gintama and it keeps freezing when I try to read it. I've tried Mangatown and mangareader. It did the same thing on both.

Is it possible for a chapter that is uploaded to a manga site to be corrupted and cause the site to stop working? I'm on chapter 27 of Gintama and it keeps freezing when I try to read it. I've tried Mangatown and mangareader. It did the same thing on both.

Try Kissmanga. You can read it all one page.

I love the Classic Old School anime like 8 Man After, Casshan: Robot Hunter, Akira, Venus Wars, Police Tank, Cyber City Oedo 808 etc.

Just binged read kingdom manga lol sheesh what a manga

Idc what anyone says Kanki is that *****

Back
Top Bottom