The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I'm glad I'm not the only one.
report to reddit for briefing cadet
New AoT is out
I'm so confused.
laugh.gif
I got you guys

copy and pasted from reddit:
A lot of people were confused with the timeline in this chapter, so I'm gonna repost what I wrote on the pre-release thread with some additions since now I've just read the entire thing.

In this chapter we got another time skip. Chapter 91 happens nine years after the first attack on Shiganshina (episode/chapter 1) and Chapter 90 occurs 6 years after the first attack on Shiganshina (episode/chapter 1), so we got a 3 year time skip after the last chapter.

I'll lay the timeline here for you:

Chapter 1, Attack on Shiganshina -> Year 845

Attack on Trost -> Year 850

Chapter 89, Aftermath of the reclamation of Shiganshina -> Year 850 (three months after the attack on Trost)

Chapter 90 -> Year 850 followed by a nine month time skip to Year 851

Chapter 91 -> Year 854, a three year time skip from last chapter

So, now where are we situated? Somewhere in the mainland, beyond the sea Eren and co. saw, where the state of Marley is engaged in war with something like an Eastern Countries Alliance, probably the enemy of the east that was mentioned in the Basement Reveal chapters. This war started after the Reiner, Zeke and Mule Titan returned from Paradis Island and it became known that Marley had lost some of their titan powers, the Female Titan and Colossal Titan. With this knowledge in hand the Eastern Union launched an attack on Marley and delayed further plans of the latter to invade Paradis Island again.

In the beginning of this chapter we see eldian (Ymir's People) military subjects of the state of Marley in the frontlines of this war trying to dig up trenches up to get near this enemy fortress, accompanied by two Marleyan officers. Together with them are a bunch of the new named characters, these are 'warrior' candidates and besides Colt (who will receive the power of the Monkey Trouble, Zeke) no one has been chosen yet. So one of these, probably Gabi (the girl that looks like Eren) will inherit the Armored Titan and replace Reiner.

From what I have read until now that was translated Zeke wasn't mentioned.

EDIT: Corrected, chapter 89 is three months after the Attack on Trost not Shiganshina.

EDIT2: Corrected, in chapter 90 there is a nine month time skip, and NOT a one year time skip.

EDIT3: I will address the question of "where did you guys get idea of a time skip? I thought this was a flashback or a mind hack!"

On page 544 the Marleyan officer mentions the" "Original titan recapture plan", which began 9 years ago", he means the operation that began when the shifters attacked Shiganshina in the year 845. If that was 9 years ago it means the present time is 854, 3 years and 9 months after recapture of Shiganshina and the territories of Wall Maria and 3 years after Eren and co. saw the sea.

EDIT4: Read the MangaStream version, it is a million times more accurate and better typeset than the MangaSpoilers version and will be easier to understand. 

Last edited:
QUICK. IM AT A DOPE COLLECTIBLE SHOP IN TOKYO AND CANT DECIDE BETWEEN GRABBING AN ATTACK ON TITAN, ONE PUNCH MAN OR MY HERO ACADEMIA FIGURE. MAY GET ALL THREE :lol:

Tokyo Ghoul
How many people are considered owls? Kaneki, Amon, Takizawwa, and the two original owls? I don't know their names. And now it looks like Amon might team up with Kaneki.

Tokyo Ghoul
How many people are considered owls? Kaneki, Amon, Takizawwa, and the two original owls? I don't know their names. And now it looks like Amon might team up with Kaneki.

Sounds about right. I hope they do team up.

The Promised Neverland

I don't think he's dead. I hope he's not dead.

Tower of God
Did Enryu open the door to the Tower right at the 43rd floor?  Could Phantanium have entered right on floor 134 in Zahard's palace? We know Urek and Baam both entered on floor 1 and climbed or are climbing. It would make sense why the God of Guardian never mentioned Enryu and Phantanium and doing revolution with them if they just were able to skip floors. 
The guardian couldn't even touch Enryu? That's crazy. Was he really pissed about the Zahard workshippers or did he just want to draw the guardian out? Probably both. Also assuming he just waltzed into the tower on Floor 43 he could immediate use Shinsoo at that high of a level is crazy. Also was the thorn originally 1 piece and he broke into 4 people who weren't the child of prophecy came to take it?

We finally see more about the guides. We now know their powers to predict the future are tied to the guardians and it seems memories of the tower are passed down by generations. Guides can read their own fates and it seems they don't like people who can change of defy fate. However it seems that it's not technically set in stone. What happens in a situation like mentioned where a guide dies before they should? This ability to know their own fate makes sense why Hwa Ryun is pretty emotionless. But it could be it's due to Zahard and the contracts with the guardians and all these "unbreakable" rules that allow the guides to see the future. Is that why Hwa Ryun wants Baam to kill Zahard and the 10 families, because it will break the contracts and free to guides of their fate?

HwaRyun has mentioned that Baam can create his own path, but what if Hwa Ryun is a believer of the prophecy and that is the destiny of the tower which is why she guides Baam. What if he decides against that fate and walk another path, how would she feel? Maybe fine, because if he is a God to her then the path he chooses would be right, wouldn't it? Perhaps Baam influences the fates of the guides going forward, giving them or at least Hwa Ryun something new and exciting which is why she likes hanging around Baam.

It seems Baam is going to move forward. Idk if he meant going all the way with climbing in kill Zahard or taking De lah's test. Hopefully it's the former. Now that there going to the soul room, when they discussed that there was a panel of the blue orb/light baam saw when he came on the floor. It could be his original soul. 

It's interesting that as they started heading to De Jah's castle Hockney had a reaction or a memory. I want to learn more about him. 

Hell Joe seems to be a native of the floor of death. his powers seem weird. He can drain vitality and he can "give powers". He also controls the Shinsoo in his castle using the pipes. With Yuri coming to the castle how will she fair in a situation like this. She's been extremely reckless, I like the idea that it's the influence of the 13 month weapons affecting her personality, although she has been reckless since we first met her. I could see her dying on this floor. She's taught Androssi some of her moves, it keeps being talked about how she's using more power to lesser effectiveness on this floor, and she doesn't understand the mechanics of the floor well. It's like a perfect storm to take out an OP character. Plus White and Karaka can intercede. It could just end up being a major injury. Idk if she'll die right after Manschenny placed the bet for the 2 13month weapons though. 

We find out the soul room is in the North City where Baam is. Does Baam absorb the souls, do White and Karaka get to the north city and gun for the souls. Could there be a clash between Karaka and Garam? Garam, who is stronger than Yuri and understands the floor well should be find, but there's some interesting things going on. 

This is easily SIU's most ambitious arc, he seems to be trying to keep the pace fast and not hope around to too many of the plot threads, so let's hope he keeps delivering. 

The Promised Neverland

I don't think he's dead. I hope he's not dead.

I don't think he's dead either. I almost thought he was going to turn Mama on their side at the end. Also I'm half *** expecting them to develop powers or something for some reason.

Iron-Blooded Orphans
Mika out here layin' the pipe, getting preteens pregnant during a war. This might be my favorite Gundam series since Gundam Wing, altough the last couple of episodes have been pretty slow.

Is the amazon lilly arc on OP worth watching ?
Yes, don't skip anything in OP that's not filler. But Amazon lily leads directly into next arc, introduces haki more, and gives some background on future characters and introduces at least 1 important character. Plus it's a short arc.

Tower of God
Did Enryu open the door to the Tower right at the 43rd floor?  Could Phantanium have entered right on floor 134 in Zahard's palace? We know Urek and Baam both entered on floor 1 and climbed or are climbing. It would make sense why the God of Guardian never mentioned Enryu and Phantanium and doing revolution with them if they just were able to skip floors. 
The guardian couldn't even touch Enryu? That's crazy. Was he really pissed about the Zahard workshippers or did he just want to draw the guardian out? Probably both. Also assuming he just waltzed into the tower on Floor 43 he could immediate use Shinsoo at that high of a level is crazy. Also was the thorn originally 1 piece and he broke into 4 people who weren't the child of prophecy came to take it?

We finally see more about the guides. We now know their powers to predict the future are tied to the guardians and it seems memories of the tower are passed down by generations. Guides can read their own fates and it seems they don't like people who can change of defy fate. However it seems that it's not technically set in stone. What happens in a situation like mentioned where a guide dies before they should? This ability to know their own fate makes sense why Hwa Ryun is pretty emotionless. But it could be it's due to Zahard and the contracts with the guardians and all these "unbreakable" rules that allow the guides to see the future. Is that why Hwa Ryun wants Baam to kill Zahard and the 10 families, because it will break the contracts and free to guides of their fate?

HwaRyun has mentioned that Baam can create his own path, but what if Hwa Ryun is a believer of the prophecy and that is the destiny of the tower which is why she guides Baam. What if he decides against that fate and walk another path, how would she feel? Maybe fine, because if he is a God to her then the path he chooses would be right, wouldn't it? Perhaps Baam influences the fates of the guides going forward, giving them or at least Hwa Ryun something new and exciting which is why she likes hanging around Baam.

It seems Baam is going to move forward. Idk if he meant going all the way with climbing in kill Zahard or taking De lah's test. Hopefully it's the former. Now that there going to the soul room, when they discussed that there was a panel of the blue orb/light baam saw when he came on the floor. It could be his original soul. 

It's interesting that as they started heading to De Jah's castle Hockney had a reaction or a memory. I want to learn more about him. 

Hell Joe seems to be a native of the floor of death. his powers seem weird. He can drain vitality and he can "give powers". He also controls the Shinsoo in his castle using the pipes. With Yuri coming to the castle how will she fair in a situation like this. She's been extremely reckless, I like the idea that it's the influence of the 13 month weapons affecting her personality, although she has been reckless since we first met her. I could see her dying on this floor. She's taught Androssi some of her moves, it keeps being talked about how she's using more power to lesser effectiveness on this floor, and she doesn't understand the mechanics of the floor well. It's like a perfect storm to take out an OP character. Plus White and Karaka can intercede. It could just end up being a major injury. Idk if she'll die right after Manschenny placed the bet for the 2 13month weapons though. 

We find out the soul room is in the North City where Baam is. Does Baam absorb the souls, do White and Karaka get to the north city and gun for the souls. Could there be a clash between Karaka and Garam? Garam, who is stronger than Yuri and understands the floor well should be find, but there's some interesting things going on. 

This is easily SIU's most ambitious arc, he seems to be trying to keep the pace fast and not hope around to too many of the plot threads, so let's hope he keeps delivering. 
I always wondered how Hwa Ryun could be so nonchalant about losing an eye, but if you know you're gonna lose it and there's nothing you can do about it then it's best to resign yourself to that fate. Especially if you've already seen your own death and had to deal with that. 

One Piece

I have a feeling that the plan is not going to go the way they planned it. And it will lead to an epic fight. :lol:

I always wondered how Hwa Ryun could be so nonchalant about losing an eye, but if you know you're gonna lose it and there's nothing you can do about it then it's best to resign yourself to that fate. Especially if you've already seen your own death and had to deal with that. 
True, but she's also said Baam makes his own path and she was surprised when it happened, so she may not have seen losing an eye coming. I think SIU may have mentioned on his blog she actually likes the eyepatch, so that helps too. She's always super nonchalant though like a year before the hell train she told Prince he'd die on it like it was a joke. She's easily in my top 5 favorite characters in the series. 

One Piece
I have a feeling that the plan is not going to go the way they planned it. And it will lead to an epic fight.
laugh.gif
I've seen people saying that if this chapter Oda actually tells us the plan it will go very wrong and if he had just dove right in to them doing the plan it would have worked. Looks like it's gonna go very wrong, and not just because Luffy is more focused on his entrance. Too many variables, plus the tamatebako box still hasn't exploded. Also won't Luffy be wearing earplugs? Will he even hear the gunshot? I hope he pops out of the cake for his entrance. 

I've seen people saying that if this chapter Oda actually tells us the plan it will go very wrong and if he had just dove right in to them doing the plan it would have worked. Looks like it's gonna go very wrong, and not just because Luffy is more focused on his entrance. Too many variables, plus the tamatebako box still hasn't exploded. Also won't Luffy be wearing earplugs? Will he even hear the gunshot? I hope he pops out of the cake for his entrance. 
I was thinking he was going to eat the cake hollow and hide inside of it. Isn't the cake alive though? that might pose quite the challenge. :lol:
As for the gunshot, I thought that was to signal the start of the plan. Gunshot, earplugs, picture, crying, scud missile, escape. But with Luffy as a variable, that plan is going to change. :lol:

Honestly I just can't wait till after everything is over and they report it all on the newspaper :lol: can't wait to see everybody's reactions

Back
Top Bottom