The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Marineford lowkey not that good. Not even top 3 OP arcs for me

Water7 enies lobby
Saboady
Dressrosa

Dressrosa at 3? That's interesting. What did you like about it so much?

Saoboady is my favorite arc the stretch from that to Marineford is excellent, but agree Marineford as a standalone is probably overrated.
Agree with Water 7/Enies Lobby prefer the Water 7 part more though
I think Jaya/Skypeia has moved up for me.

My biggest issue with the new world arcs has been they haven't been as tightly written, so while a lot of them start and end really strong and have a lot of great elements the middle gets bloated. Dressrosa more so than any arc we've seen

i need a classroom of the elite season 2

Thank you! I was trying all day yesterday to remember the name of this anime. :lol:

It does need another season though.

ITS a light novel so it may suffer the same fate as many others

It’s tikk waiting on another season of My Teenage romantic Conedy snafu and RE:zero

But then again How to pick up girls in dungeons is finally getting another season(which is somehow exclusive to amazon :frown: )

ITS a light novel so it may suffer the same fate as many others

It’s tikk waiting on another season of My Teenage romantic Conedy snafu and RE:zero

But then again How to pick up girls in dungeons is finally getting another season(which is somehow exclusive to amazon :frown: )
It's a good thing I have Amazon prime. :lol:

And that usually doesn't stop it from showing up on websites.

Also York new and the chimera ant arc>>> greed island.
I have to disagree. Greed Island (the arc) could spin off into its own series about Nen games and items. Those ants aren’t that interesting, and you can’t introduce Kurapika like that then just say he was too busy to help.

I've been watching a lot of Anime analysis videos on Youtube.
Came across one about Overpowered characters.

But leads me to ask this question.
With the Mangas/animes we all love to read, what would you change about some of your favorites that would've made them better or kept you reading.
I'm going to try to stick to 5 myself i'm sure I could do more.

1. Fairy Tail:
Dropped series for me. This was great at the time, to me it had the potential to rival one piece in world building, character building, characters in general. There were so many to love, different powers great fights and typical good shonen art.
Where it went wrong: POWER OF FRIENDSHIP POWERS US. First few villian arcs you're like ok I can see this...but then it starts happening too much for too many of the main characters. And it's not like One piece/naruto/bleach etc. They overpower with the power of friendship with a lot left in the tank as if they should've never been losing in the first place.
You can tell then the kid service of this series was too strong for me to continue. No deaths. no real defeats.

2. Naruto:
Naruto ofcourse has a special place in my heart, my first main stream Manga that I started reading, I'ma huge fan of ninjas and samurai.
I don't have too many critiques on what I was given. certainly nothing Pre time skip.
Shippudden....that's another issue.
Shippudden dropping pretty much the entire concept of the genin 9 and only really following akasuki via naruto and the sasuke story is where they messed up for me. I could keep going on.
So I'll end with. They should've stopped at the 3rd great war and Madara putting in WORK before he became God-Madara. Kaguya should've never happened. I dont mind the final naruto sasuke fight tho
All that could've been written differently it was sort of like he was trying to extend it and end it at the same time...

3. Hitman Reborn:
This was so slow in the beginning. It sped up then all of a sudden it was over. I think the one thing i would've wanted from Reborn was to see what happened after the final chapters. Show us a peak of the future family and what everyone was up to. Maybe even some future battles.

4. Air gear:
I dont know how many people read this, but I love the OHGreat! company and what they put out.
Air gear did the same thing Tenjo Tenge did (another Oh Great ! manga) The problem was there was no real basis to doing it.
For those who don't know what I'm talking about. Imagine if Naruto pre time skip, jumped straight in to the 3rd great war instead of building up the training of naruto and other adventures that it did in shippuuden.
That's what Air gear did.
With that Said Air gear is a rare case where I think the Manga should've slowed down a bit. It was great, new and refereshing. Just jumped without a warning. And sort of a dumb explanation.. Doesn't take away from the epicness we got though. '

5. MY HERO ACADEMIA:
Yall knew it was coming.
I actually won't rant too much though since I've said my concerns about this many of times on here. I'll say this though, MHA could use a Time Skip for me.
The pacing of this manga sucks for me. I think they've overexplained things and not given shine to the people they need to give shine too. I also think aside from some quirks, the rest are extremely corny and useless. I think it's a bit too silly for me (and this is someone who loves one piece, OPM etc)
I think a good time skip and more focus on the class characters, even mini histories of them would serve MHA well.

5. MY HERO ACADEMIA:
Yall knew it was coming.
I actually won't rant too much though since I've said my concerns about this many of times on here. I'll say this though, MHA could use a Time Skip for me.
The pacing of this manga sucks for me. I think they've overexplained things and not given shine to the people they need to give shine too. I also think aside from some quirks, the rest are extremely corny and useless. I think it's a bit too silly for me (and this is someone who loves one piece, OPM etc)
I think a good time skip and more focus on the class characters, even mini histories of them would serve MHA well.

tumblr_oqzfqfIGia1qbq5g5o1_500.gif

big warning for anime onlies, massive spoilers

such an intense chapter even after the big battle. i cant help but to feel bad for eren, he's being controlled by the will of Eren Kruger and has to take the blame for sasha's death. i think in the upcoming chapters he will have a really bad breakdown like Reiner...especially with Jean and Hange all on his back guilt tripping him like this...

Going to uniqlo today I pray they have them out here in Korea too.

leb13 leb13 why I sleep so hard on tower of God. I'm 30 chaps in, 2 days. Can't get enough. I don't know why I'm surprised tho.. Every Korean manwha I've read has been fire.
Ares (my top 2 Mangas of all time)
Noblese
Veritas

Last edited:
I have to disagree. Greed Island (the arc) could spin off into its own series about Nen games and items. Those ants aren’t that interesting, and you can’t introduce Kurapika like that then just say he was too busy to help.

I CANT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT HUNTER X HUNTER. GOAT SHONEN IMO.

DOUBT KURAPIKA COULD HELP MUCH SINCE HE CAN ONLY USE HIS POWERFUL TECHNIQUES AGAINST THE PHANTOM TROUPE.

Going to uniqlo today I pray they have them out here in Korea too.

leb13 leb13 why I sleep so hard on tower of God. I'm 30 chaps in, 2 days. Can't get enough. I don't know why I'm surprised tho.. Every Korean manwha I've read has been fire.
Ares (my top 2 Mangas of all time)
Noblese
Veritas

Season 1 is excellent. It pulled me in immediately. The season 1 cast is great too. What part of the position test are you at? And any characters you like in particular? I think one of the things that really makes the story interesting is Baam as a main character.

I'll have to check out Ares and Veritas

Current ToG chapter:
Someone pointed this out and I could definitely see it happening. After hearing the big breeder's plan to get a human body, Rachel may try to leave the the hidden floor with Icarus's body and powers. It'd be in character for her to look for a short cut like that. I honestly don't think the big breeder's plan will work and I hope if Rachel tries that it back fires on her. The whole plan seems crazy.

Kind of surprised Urek's sworn enemy is a version of himself. Thought it'd be phantanium or something. I wonder why it's himself.

What did Baam and Rachel decide to compete for? An item for Gustang or data for gustang and whoever gets it gets the a thorn piece? Completely forgot about that till now.

Baam using 13 bangs now it looks like. I want to see Jahad get pushed enough to use his weapon. His Shinsoo is back blue. I wonder how/when it turns red. Also, Jahard also seems fairly impressed at this point.

Veritas ends kind of abruptly but its a good story and great fights.

Ares is just one of the most complete Mangas I've ever read in my life.

Im liking anaak. She just told the story about here mom

Getting caught up in the MHA manga.

Just finished the Eri rescue and I think that MHA > Naruto and Bleach.
Its not just about Midorya. They make you care about a lot of characters and the villains are all interesting. I do agree that some of the quircks are useless and corny but they don't jam those types of quircks down our throat. They pretty much focus on the interesting ones. Miro was just introduced and I felt really bad for him.

ummm chimera ant arc was genius....all that to kill an ant from the DC? Beyond Survived a DC trip with a big ol scar and now we got a boat full of Ns heading to where the ants fled from?? Yea chimera ant arc is the best in HxH

Getting caught up in the MHA manga.

Just finished the Eri rescue and I think that MHA > Naruto and Bleach.
Its not just about Midorya. They make you care about a lot of characters and the villains are all interesting. I do agree that some of the quircks are useless and corny but they don't jam those types of quircks down our throat. They pretty much focus on the interesting ones. Miro was just introduced and I felt really bad for him.

What You putting that Arc over all others from naruto and Bleach?
Save rukia Arc is one of the best most hyped arcs of all time. There wasn't one fight in MHA that can even rival
Ichigo vs renji, vs kenpachi, vs baykuya 1and 2

Back
Top Bottom