The Official College Thread Vol. Best College Thread Ever!!!!!

Towson University checking in. I've helped a few NT'ers who were applying out so anyone with questions. Shoot.

OP- What Community Colleg edid you go to?

Towson University checking in. I've helped a few NT'ers who were applying out so anyone with questions. Shoot.

-Don't get caught up in drama with girls, friends, or anything...it's NOT worth it in life, especially in college.
-Don't hangout with the same people all the time...meet new people, meet new girls
-Don't be stupid...always have a DD...it only takes ONE time, you don't get a warning.
-HAVE FUN. Do new things. Last night me and my friend went down to Pittsburg, KS to Pitt State Univ for something different and to see this girl we went to high school with that we hadn't seen in a while...SOOO much fun. Best weekend of college thus far.
-Stay away from getting in trouble...don't mess around in class or on the party scene, not worth it to waste all the money on classes or get caught drinking underage or smoking or whatever. Just be smart, use good judgement

After my freshmen year, I've learned that college is the MOST bittersweet thing in the world. Class SUCKS. Finals SUCK. But the weekends are soo much fun and definitely worth it. It's a blast.

-Don't get caught up in drama with girls, friends, or anything...it's NOT worth it in life, especially in college.
-Don't hangout with the same people all the time...meet new people, meet new girls
-Don't be stupid...always have a DD...it only takes ONE time, you don't get a warning.
-HAVE FUN. Do new things. Last night me and my friend went down to Pittsburg, KS to Pitt State Univ for something different and to see this girl we went to high school with that we hadn't seen in a while...SOOO much fun. Best weekend of college thus far.
-Stay away from getting in trouble...don't mess around in class or on the party scene, not worth it to waste all the money on classes or get caught drinking underage or smoking or whatever. Just be smart, use good judgement

After my freshmen year, I've learned that college is the MOST bittersweet thing in the world. Class SUCKS. Finals SUCK. But the weekends are soo much fun and definitely worth it. It's a blast.

Originally Posted by WeStillBallin

Originally Posted by dland24

Well, here's all you need to know. Classes, nothing before 11. Beer, its your best friend, you drink a lot of it. Women, you're a freshman, so its pretty much out of the question. Will you have a car? ... Someone on your hall will, find them and make friends with them on the first day ...

False info
Dude got no buns as a freshman, seriously son?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Well, here's all you need to know. Classes, nothing before 11. Beer, its your best friend, you drink a lot of it. Women, you're a freshman, so its pretty much out of the question. Will you have a car? ... Someone on your hall will, find them and make friends with them on the first day ...

False info
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

I went to Prince Georges Community College...man it was like a second high school. I hated it there, dudes who are supposedly about that life lingering around the school for no reason, the metro came whenever it felt like it, the professors were bums (all but two), and their staff is just lazy; but it helped me grow up.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

I went to Prince Georges Community College...man it was like a second high school. I hated it there, dudes who are supposedly about that life lingering around the school for no reason, the metro came whenever it felt like it, the professors were bums (all but two), and their staff is just lazy; but it helped me grow up.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ku JHAWX

This. UC Davis checking in. Just make the best possible choice in any given situation, and you'll be fine.

Originally Posted by ku JHAWX

This. UC Davis checking in. Just make the best possible choice in any given situation, and you'll be fine.

Originally Posted by Hop

Originally Posted by supa vegetto

Originally Posted by zyr12

Emory U checking in 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

word? 

1. don't wife anyone up during orientation.

2. don't wife anyone up during orientation.

3. don't wife anyone up during orientation.

laugh.gif
Sounds like you got hurt brah...thanks for the info.

Anybody majoring/majored in education?

laugh.gif
 nah but it doesn't bode well in the long run.. you meet a lot of females in those first few weeks and it isn't like high school where you have to put in a ton of work, all it takes is a late night food run and a movie. temptation of the flesh is something else.

Originally Posted by Hop

Originally Posted by supa vegetto

Originally Posted by zyr12

Emory U checking in 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

word? 

1. don't wife anyone up during orientation.

2. don't wife anyone up during orientation.

3. don't wife anyone up during orientation.

laugh.gif
Sounds like you got hurt brah...thanks for the info.

Anybody majoring/majored in education?

laugh.gif
 nah but it doesn't bode well in the long run.. you meet a lot of females in those first few weeks and it isn't like high school where you have to put in a ton of work, all it takes is a late night food run and a movie. temptation of the flesh is something else.

Originally Posted by agold1002

Originally Posted by Answer IV DMX

Those requesting info about the University of Michigan ask away.

I'll drop info this thread gets going, but I'll always respond to individual questions. I worked in admissions during my undergrad so I can pretty much answer any question. Literally worked in every aspect of it. Gave tours, orientation, application review, manned the phones, etc. I could probably write a book...

Can help out with law school advice as well. But if you're just getting into undergrad I would suggest you stop thinking about that. Keep your med school/law school/dental school/etc. goal, but don't be worried about the specifics in the first year. You'll get to that later.

Class of 2015. Just hoping I get put on the hill next year but I'm not going blind so I'll prob be on north campus :[

Brother graduated from Ross last year...did u ever live on north campus?
Blind = Hill area and if you're lucky you could get South Quad, but the chances of that these days are like 5%. I graduated class of '09 and got Markley not going in blind, but that doesn't happen much anymore either. My sis was in Bursley, not blind. She had nothing but good things to say. A lot of people end up liking it a lot. You'll survive. Don't have to deal with the cops as much. RA's are generally cooler.

But if going in blind isn't as bad as its made out to be, they do a pretty good job with it. Make sure that when you get the housing information you and your roommate fill it out as soon as you can, submitted it within minutes after its available. I'm pretty sure thats how I ended up in Markley

Originally Posted by agold1002

Originally Posted by Answer IV DMX

Those requesting info about the University of Michigan ask away.

I'll drop info this thread gets going, but I'll always respond to individual questions. I worked in admissions during my undergrad so I can pretty much answer any question. Literally worked in every aspect of it. Gave tours, orientation, application review, manned the phones, etc. I could probably write a book...

Can help out with law school advice as well. But if you're just getting into undergrad I would suggest you stop thinking about that. Keep your med school/law school/dental school/etc. goal, but don't be worried about the specifics in the first year. You'll get to that later.

Class of 2015. Just hoping I get put on the hill next year but I'm not going blind so I'll prob be on north campus :[

Brother graduated from Ross last year...did u ever live on north campus?
Blind = Hill area and if you're lucky you could get South Quad, but the chances of that these days are like 5%. I graduated class of '09 and got Markley not going in blind, but that doesn't happen much anymore either. My sis was in Bursley, not blind. She had nothing but good things to say. A lot of people end up liking it a lot. You'll survive. Don't have to deal with the cops as much. RA's are generally cooler.

But if going in blind isn't as bad as its made out to be, they do a pretty good job with it. Make sure that when you get the housing information you and your roommate fill it out as soon as you can, submitted it within minutes after its available. I'm pretty sure thats how I ended up in Markley

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

dont get caught cheating. lulz 
laugh.gif
roll.gif
Dude is going to learn the hard way. For any incoming freshman, plagiarism/cheating is taken very seriously in college and the consequences can ruin your academic career. Plagiarism can be easily detected by the seasoned professor.

If anyone is going to Syracuse, PM me. I've helped out a few NTers that currently attend or applied there.

There are some good tips in this thread so I won't repeat what's already been said.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

dont get caught cheating. lulz 
laugh.gif
roll.gif
Dude is going to learn the hard way. For any incoming freshman, plagiarism/cheating is taken very seriously in college and the consequences can ruin your academic career. Plagiarism can be easily detected by the seasoned professor.

If anyone is going to Syracuse, PM me. I've helped out a few NTers that currently attend or applied there.

There are some good tips in this thread so I won't repeat what's already been said.

Originally Posted by natelav129

False info
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Its a MOVIE QUOTE.  Jesus Christ people. 

Originally Posted by natelav129

False info
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Its a MOVIE QUOTE.  Jesus Christ people. 

James madison university

go to class.
messing with girls on your hall is risky business. not saying never, just know she will tell everyone and watch you and its generally a bad idea

James madison university

go to class.
messing with girls on your hall is risky business. not saying never, just know she will tell everyone and watch you and its generally a bad idea

Back
Top Bottom