The Official College Thread Vol. Best College Thread Ever!!!!!

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by jm2000

@HankMoody

One of my profs told me this last fall semester. Basically if you go to every class, sit in the front, visit their office hours and get to know them, then you basically got yourself a C. By doing this you automatically understand more than half of the criteria for the course and have a basic understanding of the information. And you also become a friend to them.

Dude, if you do all this and get anything below a B, heck B+, something is wrong with you. This is far and beyond what most college students do. Going to every class and doing average work basically guarantees at least a B- unless it's a REALLY hard class.
You must be a business major or something your not biochem i can tell you that.
Majors: Biology, Biochemistry, Pre-dentistry

Minors: Math, Spanish, Chemistry

The University of Nebraska-Lincoln

If you have any questions for me ask away.  And yes my majors do require a lot of studying.

@HankMoody

One of my profs told me this last fall semester. Basically if you go to every class, sit in the front, visit their office hours and get to know them, then you basically got yourself a C. By doing this you automatically understand more than half of the criteria for the course and have a basic understanding of the information. And you also become a friend to them.

Dude, if you do all this and get anything below a B, heck B+, something is wrong with you. This is far and beyond what most college students do. Going to every class and doing average work basically guarantees at least a B- unless it's a REALLY hard class.

If you have any questions for me ask away.  And yes my majors do require a lot of studying.

something i'm not doing now...but i'll advise you

work out

you'll not only look better (no ayo) but you'll feel better and perform better in classes

something i'm not doing now...but i'll advise you

work out

you'll not only look better (no ayo) but you'll feel better and perform better in classes

I go to BMCC, pretty much the 13th grade, hopefully transferring to Baruch next year.

What are the best Business schools I could get into out of Community college with a gpa around 3.8?
Any help would be appreciated.

I go to BMCC, pretty much the 13th grade, hopefully transferring to Baruch next year.

What are the best Business schools I could get into out of Community college with a gpa around 3.8?

committed to Cornell University for class of '15
pimp.gif

Answer do you go to Mich Law School as well?

Columbia University, c/o 2012. Willing to answer any ?s.

Answer do you go to Mich Law School as well?

Columbia University, c/o 2012. Willing to answer any ?s.

Originally Posted by Th3Ownly

@HankMoody

Most college classes are curved to at least a B-. If you go to every class and do the average amount of work (again, average), you will most likely be at the top half of the curve. If you go to office hours and study what you don't know hard, how the *%%@ wouldn't you be doing better than most people in the class? You're notgoing to office hours unprepared. That's implicit. This man said having a great work ethic guarantees a C in college! C! That's crazy.Guarantee your college's average GPA isn't below a 2 and I guarantee all these people don't go to every class, don't study what they don't know hard, and don't go to office hours regularly.

3 majors and 3 minors... only in Nebraska
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Th3Ownly

@HankMoody

Most college classes are curved to at least a B-. If you go to every class and do the average amount of work (again, average), you will most likely be at the top half of the curve. If you go to office hours and study what you don't know hard, how the *%%@ wouldn't you be doing better than most people in the class? You're notgoing to office hours unprepared. That's implicit. This man said having a great work ethic guarantees a C in college! C! That's crazy.Guarantee your college's average GPA isn't below a 2 and I guarantee all these people don't go to every class, don't study what they don't know hard, and don't go to office hours regularly.

3 majors and 3 minors... only in Nebraska
laugh.gif

I'm about to graduate from Arizona in 2 weeks... any one have any advice on applying to grad schools? I'm looking to apply for some sort of advanced business degree

I'm about to graduate from Arizona in 2 weeks... any one have any advice on applying to grad schools? I'm looking to apply for some sort of advanced business degree

Originally Posted by sheistbugz

laugh.gif
I go to the school right next to BMCC. Going to Baruch for Fall 2011.
You can try transferring to SUNY Bing if you can. I believe that's the best SUNY business school.

Originally Posted by sheistbugz

laugh.gif
I go to the school right next to BMCC. Going to Baruch for Fall 2011.
You can try transferring to SUNY Bing if you can. I believe that's the best SUNY business school.

How many of you guys stayed on campus?
nerd.gif

Any tips on dealing with crap roommates, meals, etc...?

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

If you're going to get an MBA, you should have at least 3 years of work experience post-grad. Getting your MBA after undergrad w/no experience is like flushing your money down the toilet. I know a couple of people doing this right now.

pimp.gif

If you get depressed, seek help so that you don't become a statistic. Cornell is notorious for suicide.

nerd.gif

Everyone in this thread has stayed on campus at one point. Its mandatory for freshmen and sophomore's at most universities (mandatory for freshmen everywhere). If you have a crappy roommate, rules set at the beginning of the year will help ease the trouble a bit but more than likely he/she will still break them most of the time. Before taking the extreme step of going to the RA, speak to him first. If he ignores you and keeps it up then you can go to an RA. Remember that you are paying for the room as well. You shouldn't have to put up with his crap because he's inconsiderate.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

If you're going to get an MBA, you should have at least 3 years of work experience post-grad. Getting your MBA after undergrad w/no experience is like flushing your money down the toilet. I know a couple of people doing this right now.

pimp.gif

If you get depressed, seek help so that you don't become a statistic. Cornell is notorious for suicide.

nerd.gif

Everyone in this thread has stayed on campus at one point. Its mandatory for freshmen and sophomore's at most universities (mandatory for freshmen everywhere). If you have a crappy roommate, rules set at the beginning of the year will help ease the trouble a bit but more than likely he/she will still break them most of the time. Before taking the extreme step of going to the RA, speak to him first. If he ignores you and keeps it up then you can go to an RA. Remember that you are paying for the room as well. You shouldn't have to put up with his crap because he's inconsiderate.

Originally Posted by Hop

nerd.gif

No roommate issues and I am two years in *knocks on wood*. But one thing I learn from meals is that if it is not discounted, do not buy too much of it. My school has "points" which is just really money. Seen people who bought items that do not get a reduce price end up going broke in 3-4 months since they buy it too often. Also another piece of advice is that make sure you know if you are attending the main campus of the college or a branch campus. If you do get accepted to a branch campus do your research about the campus. People at my school who give tours about the campus do not tell you the truth about going to this place
tired.gif
. Had to go through two years of a branch campus and some of my most boring days has happen.   

Back
Top Bottom