THE OFFICIAL CURREN$Y THREAD!!! Vol. The Jet Lounge

Pitchfork Album Review: 8.2

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

"Curren$y is a great pure rapper, a language addict with a tricky slip-sliding delivery and an ability to keep going for minutes at a time, uninterrupted by choruses." 

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

I now remember why I wasn't checking for currensy. He sounds way too boring to me.
Do you smoke?

I ask because that was my first impression but then I heard him while
pimp.gif
and I really started hearing the lyrics.  His delivery grew on me over time.  The lyrics do get lost in the flow but once you hear how he just kills it (esp. on Smokee Robinson) then you'll get past it.

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

I now remember why I wasn't checking for currensy. He sounds way too boring to me.
Do you smoke?

pimp.gif
and I really started hearing the lyrics.  His delivery grew on me over time.  The lyrics do get lost in the flow but once you hear how he just kills it (esp. on Smokee Robinson) then you'll get past it.

He has a lot of good qualities and he also has some songs I like. Eh I'll listen some more lemme turn this vape on..

Mangudai954 wrote:
s0leFUNK wrote:
Mangudai954 wrote:
Do you smoke?

pimp.gif

He has a lot of good qualities and he also has some songs I like. Eh I'll listen some more lemme turn this vape on..

My man
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

187 on a Beat
Real Mug Fuggin Jets
Roasted
Prioritize
Breakfast
LOL
Reset
17.5 Cannons
Stay Up
Go
Tokyo Drift
Life Under The Scope

... so many more but thats all I got off the top.  I still need to check out more of his older tapes but it sounds like he really didnt settle into his style until this year

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

Mangudai954 wrote:
s0leFUNK wrote:
Mangudai954 wrote:
Do you smoke?

pimp.gif

My man
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

187 on a Beat
Real Mug Fuggin Jets
Roasted
Prioritize
Breakfast
LOL
Reset
17.5 Cannons
Stay Up
Go
Tokyo Drift
Life Under The Scope

... so many more but thats all I got off the top.  I still need to check out more of his older tapes but it sounds like he really didnt settle into his style until this year

people just started to catch on to him this year

like some of my boys around me they be like man U HEARD that new currensy i be like that came out 2 yrs ago bro. i been on currensy since like no limit/rich boyz.

Independence day he was spitting some hard stuff

life at 30000 feet has the feel of an album. should check them out.. i got some older no limit tapes i dont think yall ready for them yet
laugh.gif

you got a point there about wiz fanbase being bigger but the no part is so wrong spitta was there earlier this year before pilot talk and pilot talk 2 and sold it out.i attended his concert at the house of blues, only reason the howlin wolf concert aint sell is because it was on a big tuesday.

reason wiz fanbase is bigger because he makes radio friendly songs, spitta aint trying to go that route he trying to give out quality music.

naa bro that hob concert i went to WAS SOLD OUT maximum capacity.

all this hear say shhii dont mean nothing.

to sum it up your saying their not messing with each other or appearing on albums because one blow up more than the other?

lmao sound like some girl stuff man. which I DONT BELIEVE AND PRAY TO GOD U LIVE IN NEW ORLEANS.

So, what would be the reason for Curren$y's shows not to sell out?
Him not working wit other local artists? I don't get it, kuz dude seems
To be doin pretty well on his city tours, givin they're prolly mostly small
Venues, but dude def deserves to blow up. Not sure y he isn't gettin more
Exposure. K&OJ really pushed Wiz over the top. PT1&2 shoulda did the same
for $pitta.

Back
Top Bottom