THE OFFICIAL CURREN$Y THREAD!!! Vol. The Jet Lounge

[h1]
[/h1][h1]Curren$y Says He's Still Cool With Mack Maine "Mack Is My Homie" & Says The Door Is Open For A Wayne Collabo! + More Spitta & Wiz Khalifa Tracks Coming Out & They Might "Put Something On The Shelf"[/h1]

i just wish he went back to his old self a little......thats all i ask
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by doyung9

Originally Posted by Xavier

naa bro that hob concert i went to WAS SOLD OUT maximum capacity.

all this hear say shhii dont mean nothing.

to sum it up your saying their not messing with each other or appearing on albums because one blow up more than the other?

And where I live is of no real business of yours, but I'm in New Orleans more than your average bear. Believe what you want, like I said, I got no ill will toward Spitta, I actually still have most of Independence Day in rotation (which was not common when it dropped, trust me, people were NOT !%$#$+! with him like that).

And as far as his shows not selling out... here's my theory, and the theory of alot of people in New Orleans.

When Curren$y was doing his mixtape series and building the buzz he currently has, he was doing ALOT of shows in New Orleans. Like, damn near a a show for every mixtape he dropped. And these shows were being promoted by a guy who had no business promoting them (most of them were called "Streetwear Sundays" 
laugh.gif
 ) and the tickets were 99% of the time $10 dollars (TEN ONE DOLLAR BILLS).

More recently, when he's had shows, they've bumped the ticket prices up, usually to $20-25 dollars, and even $30 for that one HOB show I mentioned, which was basically a live nation audition.

So you tell me, you just paid $10 to see Curren$y the first weekend of the month, and now two weeks later, you're going to pay $30 just because the show is in the the HOB? Because that's EXACTLY what happened for his last HOB show. Not to mention, his show hasn't changed at all, with the exception of switching up the set list. Since he doesn't perform in other cities nearly as much as he's performed in New Orleans, of course people will be willing to pay to see him (hence, Wiz selling out New Orleans for $30 or so a pop, he's only done New Orleans twice, and once was either before their collaboration or right around that time).

you spitting some facts but that show stuff he did a lot of shows at one eyed jack sponsored by traffic boutique, shows were alright

i feel u on to the part a lot of the no wasnt messing with him (even though he grew up in the burbs my man his some goons on his squad) when independence day came out, he really wasnt in the streets like that, he was just know as the dude that make tracks with wayne

the hob ticket prices were correct i paid about 30 dollars plus a ticket for my fiancee when i came on leave from iraq to see him in concert

i sorta believe u on that but the whole wiz situation i dont, and will not believe until spitta or wiz comes out with something that indicates one is salty at one's success

'wiz stuff i dont believe won't believe until i hear it from currensy or wiz.

who you know in no my girl knows this dude who always gets us vip for cheap for big concerts at the hob.

for entertainment purposes ol studio gangster currensy was
pimp.gif

welcome back and sportscenter mixtape pre cash money/young money =
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

So, what would be the reason for Curren$y's shows not to sell out?
Him not working wit other local artists? I don't get it, kuz dude seems
To be doin pretty well on his city tours, givin they're prolly mostly small
Venues, but dude def deserves to blow up. Not sure y he isn't gettin more
Exposure. K&OJ really pushed Wiz over the top. PT1&2 shoulda did the same
for $pitta.
its never going to happen. he's never going to "Blow". son just did team black out #'s with Pilot Talk 2 but it was a good project
pimp.gif

spitta is one of those artist.

He doesn't have a mainstream sound at all really. A lot of his songs are one verse and a few have no hooks. That won't work for you in mainstream. He's fine right where he is.

I'm not mad @ $pitta at all for his decisions. Its what makes him who he is, kuz we all kno the industry kills artists. My man is fully aware of his place & what he's doing. If u really listen he's always talkin about "suits" & "record execs".

before the month is out we shall "return to the winners circle".......Race day soon.... make sho yo motor runnin right
 Via Curren$y twitter

[font=Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif]I took this as a Welcome to The Winners Circle sequel tape... Could it be? [/font]

Originally Posted by AI for MVP

before the month is out we shall "return to the winners circle".......Race day soon.... make sho yo motor runnin right

Via Curren$y twitter

[font=Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif]I took this as a Welcome to The Winners Circle sequel tape... Could it be? [/font]

pimp.gif

What the hell ever happened to the 'Championship Edition' of "This Aint No Mixtape"? He was gonna FINALLY release it as a retail CD (that was his FIRST album, not Pilot Talk) & come with a DVD of 5+ videos...

Originally Posted by MindOfCritic

He doesn't have a mainstream sound at all really. A lot of his songs are one verse and a few have no hooks. That won't work for you in mainstream. He's fine right where he is.
i'm noticing...that despite your assumed criticism... you really don't know what you're talking about a lot of the time.
laugh.gif

but hey, to each their own. I'm new here.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

motor city chronicles?

laugh.gif
muscle car chronicles lol

yea a tape would really cement his name in 2010 as one of the top artists. i wont hold my breath though, remember what happened with smokee robinson?

Kinda off-topic but have yall listened to Trademark's cds?

Dude has some damn good production and drops a few gems. "Ova n' Out", "I'm Sayn", "Skyscrapers"...

We need that JETS album

yea issue 3 had some bangers, but i thought issue 2 was better.

issue 1 was the best out of all of them imo.

roddy and the street wiz need to drop some tapes.

Originally Posted by Xavier

yea issue 3 had some bangers, but i thought issue 2 was better.

issue 1 was the best out of all of them imo.

roddy and the street wiz need to drop some tapes.
I need to give Issue 1 a spin.  Maybe it's me but his voice sounds off on it.  And I do like 2 better than 3

Roddy is cool but I don't think I could take a full tape from him.  He compliments the crew well but I wonder what he could do on 8-12+ solo tracks.  At least we know he'd get some quality production.

trade first tape was his best lyrical project out of all of em.

the beats on there are crazy.

i kinda agree with you on roddy. he is kinda good for a guest feature. plus he raps about gstuff. so its kinda a relieve from hearing the same stuff from currensy and the krew.

whos gonna be at the El Rey in LA tomorrow!!?? im really looking forward to this show especially bc this is Doms and Nipseys "playground".. im sure there's a lot in store for those who are going.. i myself cannot wait!!

JETS FOO.

completely random, but I bought a digital copy of "this aint no mixtape" when it first dropped, does anyone have any idea as to why it will NOT load into my i-tunes? I tried countless times just to have this reaction
eek.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom