The Official Flightposite 2014 Thread Vol. Carbons, H20, Possible Coppers

Damn, that doesn't sound good. I had a similar problem with my Zoom Flight 98 Gloves where the same would happen if the tongue was off center.

So size up 1/2?

I would say so if they’re using the 2014 mold

The way Nike has been doing the Flightposite 1 dirty since 2014 has me hoping that they do not retro the Eggplant colorway!

Saw these on sneakers, but I’m not a ‘posite Head. Can some post some pics of the changes they made? Or point me in the right direction?

On the interior of the shoe's midsole, there is a curve that comes up by the bottom front of the midsole. They basically cut that part out for no reason and now the midsole is just flat and awkward looking (it's also missing the 'teeth/claws that point up in the back of the mdisole to align with the upper grooves). For Posite heads who've looked at this shoe all their life it's as bad as putting a Jordan XI sole on a Foamposite I and stands out. Here is the comparison below:

Correct midsole:

flight p.jpg

Incorrect- chopped midsole:

flight p 2.jpg

I lost my j.kidd flights and my eggplants so these blue joints would've been a nice consolation prize but they still have that disgusting paper thin sole

On the interior of the shoe's midsole, there is a curve that comes up by the bottom front of the midsole. They basically cut that part out for no reason and now the midsole is just flat and awkward looking (it's also missing the 'teeth/claws that point up in the back of the mdisole to align with the upper grooves). For Posite heads who've looked at this shoe all their life it's as bad as putting a Jordan XI sole on a Foamposite I and stands out. Here is the comparison below:

Correct midsole:

flight p.jpg

Incorrect- chopped midsole:

flight p 2.jpg
WOW. :wow::smh:|l

Sometimes I wonder how things like this happen. Did they make a decision to change the outsole? If so why? Is this just a result of a dereliction of duty? Makes no sense really.

I seem to remember reading when the Coppers and the New York Knicks colorways came out that this isn’t technically an exact retro of the original Flightposite but instead a redesign based on that Flightposite model.

I seem to remember reading when the Coppers and the New York Knicks colorways came out that this isn’t technically an exact retro of the original Flightposite but instead a redesign based on that Flightposite model.

Someone said that just because the name on the box was something wonky like 'Air Flightposite 2014 PRM'. So basically the "new" 2014 Flightposite. Honestly, I think that's total BS. No disrespect to whoever said it but for 1. Its just some random person's interpretation and 2. That's just a cop out... it IS A FLIGHTPOSITE. It's not like the name is totally different or a totally different shoe. It's not even Air Flightposite 2.0 .. its Disrespectposite.

Someone over at Nike is a complete *** and now that it's like this, they refuse to admit to their mistake and change it back as usual.

These new blue joints got me man, only because I know Nike won't do this colorway on the original FP1. I remember the mock up of the blue foam colorway on a FP1 and I've been in love since then.

Someone said that just because the name on the box was something wonky like 'Air Flightposite 2014 PRM'. So basically the "new" 2014 Flightposite. Honestly, I think that's total BS. No disrespect to whoever said it but for 1. Its just some random person's interpretation and 2. That's just a cop out... it IS A FLIGHTPOSITE. It's not like the name is totally different or a totally different shoe. It's not even Air Flightposite 2.0 .. its Disrespectposite.

Someone over at Nike is a complete *** and now that it's like this, they refuse to admit to their mistake and change it back as usual.

I really hope someone at Nike reads this because this is 100% how WE all feel. For now I can stand them releasing these butchered versions because they aren't original colorways. Now if Nike decides to release the original gold colorway with the incorrect outsole I will lose my mind.

That being said I will say the cushioning at least on my Knicks pair was fantastic. Felt like the old Zoom Air units Nike use to use back in the day in the heel and forefoot.

It's crazy how they released this years versions identical to the 2014 pairs. You would think they would have corrected it after the awful sales the last time around.

I was ready to buy both Knicks and Coppers at full retail when they dropped yet I never did and even passed on them at $29.97 at the clearance store because they look THAT bad with the messed up medial side.

Wore my Knicks last week, I’m selling them. The sole is that embarrassing. Feel like I’m wearing fakes. Love that color but the sole is unreal.

Admittedly, not the most flattering picture, but I really like the colorway and am very tempted.

I tried the Knicks pair on and it's almost like you can feel it loool.

Almost mentally feel it.

It's like if they removed the inner spot on the medial side of Jordan 12s

IMO, the carbon fibre pattern they used for the retro was a bigger fail than the outsole.

honestly i can forgive the midsole exclusion (not on those knicks ones however that one was weird) i just love the color pops so much i just want the shoe in almost any form.

Im a fan of the carbon fiber i just like how it makes the black pop. the same with these royals which arent really THAT bad. I just need to cop on discount because of it. I still have my original Retro eggplants but they are .5 up and too big so i never wear them lol

Back
Top Bottom