the Official Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao thread March 13 2010

Originally Posted by Flashout01

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

Originally Posted by SDTEKKEN

Lil off topic but do you guys want to know why Manny has been beasting and might do the same to Floyd? He has what we call in the Filipino culture "anting-anting"

Heres some info from wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agimat

- Agimat or bertud or anting-anting, is a Filipino word for amulet or charm.[1] Although stereotyped as a cross, a flat, round or triangular golden pendant accompanying a necklace or a necklace-like item, it is also depicted as an enchanted stone that came from the sky or from the heart of a banana tree. In relation to the latter, it is usually ingested. It is usually accompanied by a small book of magic incantations which must be read during Good Friday or a certain special date to attain the amulet's full power and benefit. An agimat could also be in the form of a clothing with magic words printed on it, or even in the form of edible enchanted mud (in Tagalog, mud is putik).

-Filipino fighters also wore anting-anting to battle against the Spaniards and the Americans. Filipino hero Macario Sakay wore a vest that has religious images and Latin phrases to protect him from bullets.[4] Former Philippine-President Ferdinand Marcos, was given an anting-anting by Gregorio Aglipay that could make Marcos invisible.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So yea its not steroids like the Mayweathers been sayin. Its anting anting!!!!
roll.gif
His "anting-anting" is Freddie Roach

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

marionthebarberian wrote:

does any one know of a website where i can watch past boxing matches?
I hope you find these so you can actually learn something and contribute for once in a boxing discussion.

JMM outboxed pac silly. you want to argue that?

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

marionthebarberian wrote:

does any one know of a website where i can watch past boxing matches?
I hope you find these so you can actually learn something and contribute for once in a boxing discussion.

JMM outboxed pac silly. you want to argue that?
I guess it's the knockdown in the first few rounds of a match that's the deciding factor
laugh.gif

Same thing happened in the Cotto/Clottey fight
roll.gif

Clottey gave that fight away to Cotto...he had him dead in the water and let him off the hook...he stopped fighting then got the nerve to be mad at thedecision...you suppose to take it out of the judges hands

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

Clottey gave that fight away to Cotto...he had him dead in the water and let him off the hook...he stopped fighting then got the nerve to be mad at the decision...you suppose to take it out of the judges hands
I dunno... I actually thought that Clottey won that fight. Considering Cotto throwing Clottey down and hitting him in the back of the head.Clottey still went in.

Originally Posted by Brian Cushing

Off topic a bit, but didn't the judge who scored it 113-113 score the first round only a 10-7 and not a 10-6.
i believe so...should have gave manny the win.

manny doesnt need to prove to anyone that he's the very best. 7 titles in 7 weight divisions says it all basically imo
pimp.gif

I think Mosley has been #1 in Ring since he beat Margs. I'm not 100% because I think of May's inactivity for one year from the Hatton fight, theyautomatically dropped him off the rankings until his fight w/JMM.

They put him back at no.2 after his fight with JMM. They just recently dropped him down.

Originally Posted by robxdrew

Clottey gave that fight away to Cotto...he had him dead in the water and let him off the hook...he stopped fighting then got the nerve to be mad at the decision...you suppose to take it out of the judges hands
I dunno... I actually thought that Clottey won that fight. Considering Cotto throwing Clottey down and hitting him in the back of the head. Clottey still went in.

i did too but by letting it go to the scorecards you take it out of your own hands...you never do that...but he did give away the last few rounds...not a goodlook...

[h1]Mayweather may duck Pacquiao to preserve status: Arum[/h1]
Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:48pm EST

Print This Article | Single Page

[-] Text [+]

By Larry Fine

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Manny Pacquiao has satisfied Floyd Mayweather's demands that he state his desire to fight the American, but that still may not begood enough to make the mega-fight, boxing promoter Bob Arum said on Thursday.

Arum said Filipino Pacquiao, who won the WBO welterweight title last Saturday for his seventh world title in an unprecedented seventh weight class, told aradio interviewer this week he wanted to fight Mayweather in what would be a showdown between the world's two best pound-for-pound boxers.

"But you have to understand Mayweather's psyche," Arum told reporters at a lunch saluting Yuri Foreman, who became the first Israeli to win aworld title when he claimed the WBA super welterweight crown on the Pacquiao undercard.

"Psychologically he may not be prepared to do this fight.

"Now this is me being an amateur psychologist, but Mayweather is so tied up with the fact that nobody has beaten him, that he has a zero on his record,that I don't know if he would be willing to go into the ring with anybody that could jeopardize that zero," added Arum, who is Pacquiao'spromoter.

The 32-year-old Mayweather, who has won titles in five different weight classes, has a 40-0 career record while Pacquiao, 30, improved to 50-3-2 when hestopped Miguel Cotto in the 12th round in Las Vegas.

"He (Mayweather) is afraid, terrified of losing that zero," said Arum, possibly in an effort to goadMayweather into making the match.

"That's why he's ducked (Shane) Mosely, (Antonio) Margarito and Cotto, and the question is willhe duck Manny Pacquiao because he's so afraid of losing that zero." Continued...

...if Mayweather ducks Pacquiao....
tired.gif

Read Dan Rafael's latest article on ESPN.com, gave me a good feeling this fight is coming off even though there will be alot of haggling back & forth.

Originally Posted by robxdrew

I dunno... I actually thought that Clottey won that fight. Considering Cotto throwing Clottey down and hitting him in the back of the head. Clottey still went in.

i did too but by letting it go to the scorecards you take it out of your own hands...you never do that...but he did give away the last few rounds...not a good look...
word. The thing I think about is that the throwdown and hit to the back of the head would most likely bring down a boxer's momentum.

Back
Top Bottom