the Official Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao thread March 13 2010

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Pacman doesn't need to fight PBF, he stands in a class all by himself.
I agree Manny does not need to fight PBF
Pacman dont have to do another single thing in the ring. His legacy is cemented after that performance vs Cotto. He will go down in history for his weight jumps and being 7 time champ.
and to come up to 147 and STOP Miguell Cotto. Two Time Champ and a Bully whos known for breaking other welters down

Mayweather needs to beat Pacman more than Pacman needs to beat him.
PBF needs this fight more than anything in the world right now.

I'll tell u what, If Pacman losed it wont even dent his image, because he has fought all the fights and made all the moves.

If mayweather loses, he is forever scarred and known as the guy who was welterweight Champ who came up and didnt face the top 3 guys and when faced he faced Manny, he got exposed.
I disagree.

As it stands now, both guys will be remembered for different things. Floyd for his effectiveness in the ring and the way he works...Pac for his accomplishmentsand his success in different weight classes. IMO, they BOTH need this right now...they are the two top dogs in their class. But this has been talked about fortoo long for them not to get in the ring and face off. Let's say each finishes out their career with the continued success...it'll be "yeah hiscareer was great but he should have faced _______(PBF/Pac) when the opportunity was there." No point in having that "blemish" when each guy isin their prime right now and the only thing holding them back from fighting would be politics...

This decides who "the man" is.

I do agree that if Pac loses...it won't hurt him as much if Mayweather loses. Pac is playing with house money at this point...

Originally Posted by DSK aka iLLoQuent

Pacman dont have to do another single thing in the ring. His legacy is cemented after that performance vs Cotto. He will go down in history for his weight jumps and being 7 time champ.
and to come up to 147 and STOP Miguell Cotto. Two Time Champ and a Bully whos known for breaking other welters down

I'll tell u what, If Pacman losed it wont even dent his image, because he has fought all the fights and made all the moves.

If mayweather loses, he is forever scarred and known as the guy who was welterweight Champ who came up and didnt face the top 3 guys and when faced he faced Manny, he got exposed.
I disagree.

As it stands now, both guys will be remembered for different things. Floyd for his effectiveness in the ring and the way he works...Pac for his accomplishments and his success in different weight classes. IMO, they BOTH need this right now...they are the two top dogs in their class. But this has been talked about for too long for them not to get in the ring and face off. Let's say each finishes out their career with the continued success...it'll be "yeah his career was great but he should have faced _______(PBF/Pac) when the opportunity was there." No point in having that "blemish" when each guy is in their prime right now and the only thing holding them back from fighting would be politics...

This decides who "the man" is.

I do agree that if Pac loses...it won't hurt him as much if Mayweather loses. Pac is playing with house money at this point...

Which is what has Floyd in the mindstate that he's in unfortunately. But when you're at the top of the food chain its always that way, which issomething he should understand by now.

I give it to the man, he's an excellent boxer but his style is really boring. Dug, weave, counter, move. Move... move some more. Yawn! If you guys appreciate his defensive style, cool. Me personally I like KO's, aggression and blood! That's what I am paying $60 for.

I mean look at his last fight vs Marquez. Dude couldn't even knock him out. Boring decision. It took the guy 10 rounds to KO sorry %*% Hatton. 10 rounds?
eyes.gif
De La Hoya.. boring decision. Judah? Another boring decision. Do I really need to go on?
I mean, you made a somewhat good point in that PBF may need this more than Manny.

Then you follow it up w/ this drivel about PBF.

smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

Originally Posted by realtalkjohnny

SunDOOBIE wrote:

Pacman dont have to do another single thing in the ring. His legacy is cemented after that performance vs Cotto. He will go down in history for his weight
jumps and being 7 time champ.

If mayweather loses, he is forever scarred and known as the guy who was welterweight Champ who came up and didnt face the top 3 guys and when faced he faced
Manny, he got exposed.

Floyd Mayweather NEEDS THIS FIGHT
this dude knows boxing

1fa359b1ec93bb1ba9d24a4.gif

get outta here with that
in this era, Manny is in a class by himself. If Paul Williams can keep winning while traveling up in weight, he'll have a rival but as of now, there is not a single boxer doing anything close to what Pac is doing.

youre brainwashed by Floyd into thinking money and being a bigger draw makes him have an incredible legacy that will go down in history.
If PBF wants to be considered the best, like he claims, He Needs this fight. its prolly the easiest concept to understand, how, you or anyone else cant fathom that is crazy to me.

Mayweather would beat this guy to a pulp.
and even if it happened, Manny's place is stilll CEMENTED in history.

And PBF' legacy is not? I swear u pacquiao fans kill me y'all be makin him seem like Jesus in the flesh who could do no wrong. If they fight and heloses heis legacy ain't cemented into nothing it would add another L to his record and everybody who ain't Filipino gonnna jump off the mannybandwagon.

Be interested to see how negotiations for this fight unfold. I can see both parties walking away a few times as they haggle over splits.

Is Roger Mayweather in jail?

And PBF' legacy is not?

Perception vs. Reality.

Real talk, if they matched up who would be favored??? I'm talking betting odds here...
laugh.gif

I'm thinking Mayweather cause of the simple fact that he's undefeated... But Manny is a beast and hasn't been an underdog in the last 5 years... Itwould be crazy tho if Vegas made both sides even money for this fight.

What do ya'll think???

Originally Posted by nawghtyhare

SunDOOBIE wrote:

Pacman dont have to do another single thing in the ring. His legacy is cemented after that performance vs Cotto. He will go down in history for his weight

If mayweather loses, he is forever scarred and known as the guy who was welterweight Champ who came up and didnt face the top 3 guys and when faced he faced
Manny, he got exposed.

this dude knows boxing

get outta here with that
in this era, Manny is in a class by himself. If Paul Williams can keep winning while traveling up in weight, he'll have a rival but as of now, there is not a single boxer doing anything close to what Pac is doing.

youre brainwashed by Floyd into thinking money and being a bigger draw makes him have an incredible legacy that will go down in history.
If PBF wants to be considered the best, like he claims, He Needs this fight. its prolly the easiest concept to understand, how, you or anyone else cant fathom that is crazy to me.

And PBF' legacy is not? I swear u pacquiao fans kill me y'all be makin him seem like Jesus in the flesh who could do no wrong. If they fight and he loses heis legacy ain't cemented into nothing it would add another L to his record and everybody who ain't Filipino gonnna jump off the manny bandwagon.
Lol, the guy you quoted is a Mayweather fan.

And PBF' legacy is not? I swear u pacquiao fans kill me y'all be makin him seem like Jesus in the flesh who could do no wrong. If they fight and he loses heis legacy ain't cemented into nothing it would add another L to his record and everybody who ain't Filipino gonnna jump off the manny bandwagon.
He has ducked the top fighters at his division for some time now while Manny has been fighting those put in front of him, albeit weaker fightersin their division. His legacy of winning 7 titles in 7 divisions is not going to be hurt in any way, shape or form if he loses to PBF.

It just good to see the fight made . That is if Money fights him. We might have another Hopkins -Jones Jr on our hands

SunDOOBIE wrote:

Manny, he got exposed.

this dude knows boxing

get outta here with that

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
good thing Im not a Pacman fan.

He has ducked the top fighters at his division for some time now while Manny has been fighting those put in front of him, albeit weaker fighters in their division. His legacy of winning 7 titles in 7 divisions is not going to be hurt in any way, shape or form if he loses to PBF.

Cha Ching

Perception vs. Reality.

Floyd brought the perception of reality on himself by going out of his way to not fight Antonio, MAC, Clottey, Paul and Shane. all of whom hecould beat without much problem except maybe Pun.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
good thing Im not a Pacman fan.
I was about to say how you're a Pac fan in this thread but in the other joint you hate all Filipinos.
laugh.gif

NT always on some funny $%%!
laugh.gif

Perception vs. Reality.
Floyd brought the perception of reality on himself by going out of his way to not fight Antonio, MAC, Clottey, Paul and Shane. all of whom he could beat without much problem except maybe Pun.

That's what I was getting at. Floyd's legacy is cemented in his own mind. Too many missed opportunities.

The talk that "Mayweather is in a no-win situation" and "No one will give him credit if he beats Pacquiao" is ridiculous. EVERYONE willgive Mayweather credit if he beats arguably the most dynamic and exciting fighter in the sport of boxing. Pacquiao proved that he can beat a stronger fighterand so his camp wont be making any excuses if they challenge PBF and then lose the fight.

This is a win-win situation for both fighters. If PBF wins, he proves that he is the best P4P boxer in the world and the same goes for Pacquiao. There is noshame in losing to another GREAT fighter (which both of these guys are).

I cant see Mayweather turn this fight down. He's looking at what? A $30+ million pay day? He wont get anything close to that if he fights any other boxerat the moment.

Mayweather probably has his mind set on Pacquiao...he's just doing what he does best...trash talk his opponent to build up the anticipation for the fight.

BTW, Bob Arum is a joker. "Pacquiao is the best fighter I've ever seen" = I'm trying to hype up my biggest money draw in order to make moremoney off of him
laugh.gif

Mayweather probably has his mind set on Pacquiao...he's just doing what he does best...trash talk his opponent to build up the anticipation for the fight.
How some people completely fail to realize that is beyond me. He does this for every goddamn fight. And it works. People tune in to see himlose. And look at how many people in this thread and the other thread got their panties all twisted over what he's said so far.

Originally Posted by Proshares

He has ducked the top fighters at his division for some time now while Manny has been fighting those put in front of him, albeit weaker fighters in their division. His legacy of winning 7 titles in 7 divisions is not going to be hurt in any way, shape or form if he loses to PBF.

Watch right after PBF beats him he everybody else starts to beat him. I'm not saying manny is weak or nothing like that but let's be honest manny ispretty one dimensional and when the other fighters see PBF whoop on him and show his weaknessess everyone else will also. And y'all talking like the samefighters Pacquiao fought PBF can't beat and be a 7 time champ if he wanted honestly y'all know he could if he didn't care about money and all thathe could do what pacquiao did matter of fact mayweather should just neat pacquiao 7 times in 7 different weight classes and take all his belts.

I cant see Mayweather turn this fight down. He's looking at what? A $30+ million pay day? He wont get anything close to that if he fights any other boxer at the moment.

Not in 1 fight, but he could certainly accumulate that over the course of several fights w/much less risk. At this point its obvious that Mayweather enjoysthe path of least resistence, easy paydays and the opportunity to spew the garbage like this "No win situation" nonsense. Its like an escape clausefor him.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Watch right after PBF beats him he everybody else starts to beat him. I'm not saying manny is weak or nothing like that but let's be honest manny is pretty one dimensional and when the other fighters see PBF whoop on him and show his weaknessess everyone else will also. And y'all talking like the same fighters Pacquiao fought PBF can't beat and be a 7 time champ if he wanted honestly y'all know he could if he didn't care about money and all that he could do what pacquiao did matter of fact mayweather should just neat pacquiao 7 times in 7 different weight classes and take all his belts.

Manny is not a one dimensional fighter anymore. If you still believe that you know nothing about boxing or haven't watched any of his fight from Ledwabato the present day. PBF brings out the weaknesses of most boxers, I'll agree to that. But Roach will see it and do w/e he can to fix it, you can bet yourlife on that. PBF could beat the fighters Manny did. Well at least the fighters he's fought at 135 and above. NVM on the last part
laugh.gif
misread it.

There are plenty of Mayweather fanboys coming out the wood work. I mean there are few posters on here who give alot of insight on why or why not that Floyd canbeat Manny. Most of the people just say floyd going to destroy Manny. SMH

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Why do some yall even waste your time with this?

With what Mayweather is saying or these types of posts?

For me, I know there is a part of me that is taking Mayweather's talents in the ring for granted but there is also a very big part of me that knows heducked fighters and that certainly soured my opinion of him.

Back
Top Bottom