the Official Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao thread March 13 2010

it just got serious

[h1]Staples Center Makes $20M Bid ToHost Pacquiao-Mayweather[/h1]

Dec 09, 2009 10:31 PM EST

Staples Center has made a guaranteed $20-million offer to host the Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight that has been verbally agreed to be foughtMarch 13.

"This is the biggest boxing event ever, and we're prepared to step up in a big way," said Dan Beckerman, AEG's chief financial officer.Beckerman said his pitch to Mayweather promoter Richard Schaefer and Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum is to "activate the entire L.A. Live campus" onfight week.

A large closed-circuit audience could watch the bout at Nokia Theatre and 20,000 would fill Staples Center, Beckerman said.

"We know there's interest in this fight across the world, but we're very interested and honored to make the most impressive offerpossible," Beckerman said. "It's our biggest guarantee ever, and we hope it wins the day. We wanted to push as far and as hard as wecould."

i just read the title and seen dude put this as the offical thread
roll.gif
roll.gif

ant nobody going to still use this crap come fight week

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

it just got serious

[h1]Staples Center Makes $20M Bid To Host Pacquiao-Mayweather[/h1]

Staples Center has made a guaranteed $20-million offer to host the Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight that has been verbally agreed to be fought March 13.

"This is the biggest boxing event ever, and we're prepared to step up in a big way," said Dan Beckerman, AEG's chief financial officer. Beckerman said his pitch to Mayweather promoter Richard Schaefer and Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum is to "activate the entire L.A. Live campus" on fight week.

A large closed-circuit audience could watch the bout at Nokia Theatre and 20,000 would fill Staples Center, Beckerman said.

"We know there's interest in this fight across the world, but we're very interested and honored to make the most impressive offer possible," Beckerman said. "It's our biggest guarantee ever, and we hope it wins the day. We wanted to push as far and as hard as we could."

Jerry Jones...get it done.

Wait wait wait, so Mike Koncz says Manny is fully healed??? Im not any sort of medical expert but there aint no way in hell he can be 100% that damn quick.

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

ARE

YOU

SERIOUS?

You ever heard a PBF fan talk about BLACK POWER after a Mayweather victory?

I'm not buying the BS at all.

Pacman definitely has the most hypebeast fans in the world. Floyd has been in the spotlight for years already.

I don't understand the point of this post. For one - Black people have a whole helluva lot more boxers that were/are champs. The Philippines has Pacquiao. So, yes we are proud to finally have a Pilipino in the spotlight. After all, I believe we are the second largest Asian population in the U.S. - for quite a while now. It took us this long to get one of us up there? Damn right, we're reppin' the PI.

You don't think it was a big deal for Black people when Jack Johnson was whoopin them White boxers up?

Maybe I'm missing what you were replying to exactly. But, I don't understand what's wrong w/ pride in a countryman.

QFMFT. There no filipinos in any pro sports. He's the only PI to make it big, of course we gon rep, even if fans weren't boxing fans before they aregon rep they fellow countryman.

Originally Posted by ballinsincekneehigh

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

ARE

YOU

SERIOUS?

You ever heard a PBF fan talk about BLACK POWER after a Mayweather victory?

I'm not buying the BS at all.

Pacman definitely has the most hypebeast fans in the world. Floyd has been in the spotlight for years already.

I don't understand the point of this post. For one - Black people have a whole helluva lot more boxers that were/are champs. The Philippines has Pacquiao. So, yes we are proud to finally have a Pilipino in the spotlight. After all, I believe we are the second largest Asian population in the U.S. - for quite a while now. It took us this long to get one of us up there? Damn right, we're reppin' the PI.

You don't think it was a big deal for Black people when Jack Johnson was whoopin them White boxers up?

Maybe I'm missing what you were replying to exactly. But, I don't understand what's wrong w/ pride in a countryman.

QFMFT. There no filipinos in any pro sports. He's the only PI to make it big, of course we gon rep, even if fans weren't boxing fans before they are gon rep they fellow countryman.
http://www.nfl.com/players/eugeneamano/profile?id=AMA444954

Originally Posted by TheSouthside

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

it just got serious

[h1]Staples Center Makes $20M Bid To Host Pacquiao-Mayweather[/h1]

Staples Center has made a guaranteed $20-million offer to host the Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight that has been verbally agreed to be fought March 13.

"This is the biggest boxing event ever, and we're prepared to step up in a big way," said Dan Beckerman, AEG's chief financial officer. Beckerman said his pitch to Mayweather promoter Richard Schaefer and Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum is to "activate the entire L.A. Live campus" on fight week.

"We know there's interest in this fight across the world, but we're very interested and honored to make the most impressive offer possible," Beckerman said. "It's our biggest guarantee ever, and we hope it wins the day. We wanted to push as far and as hard as we could."

Jerry Jones...get it done.
Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, is out of the running to host the Manny Pacquiao-FloydMayweather super fight

laugh.gif
Just came home from helping Mayweather with his late night shopping.Worked the evening shift at Macy's on 34th Street in NYC and Floyd Mayweather walks in with his entourage at 12am midnight. Dude asked me to get him acoogi sweater in Medium
laugh.gif
smh.gif
. He was a cool dude but very cocky.

Im so happy that Cowboys Stadium is not hosting this fight. Dallas is the one of the worst cities ever to hold an event.....Even David Stern is alreadyregretting putting the All-Star game there as he has gotten numerous complaints from Owners, GMs, Players and big time NBA season ticket holders about the citynot being fit to host.

Dallas is such a piece of crap it doesnt deserve this fight. Only a moron would make an airport 30 min from the city....then have a crap-hole city.....then putthe stadium, which should be easy to get to and access for a thing such as All-Star weekend, another 40 min in the other direction outside the city.

Yes, I am happy

Originally Posted by bballah3

Im so happy that Cowboys Stadium is not hosting this fight. Dallas is the one of the worst cities ever to hold an event.....Even David Stern is already regretting putting the All-Star game there as he has gotten numerous complaints from Owners, GMs, Players and big time NBA season ticket holders about the city not being fit to host.

Dallas is such a piece of crap it doesnt deserve this fight. Only a moron would make an airport 30 min from the city....then have a crap-hole city.....then put the stadium, which should have be easy to get to and access for a thing such as All-Star weekend, another 40 min in the other direction outside the city.

Yes, I am happy

your dumb.

david stern has been almost begging Cubes for the all star game to be in Dallas.

Originally Posted by bballah3

Im so happy that Cowboys Stadium is not hosting this fight. Dallas is the one of the worst cities ever to hold an event.....Even David Stern is already regretting putting the All-Star game there as he has gotten numerous complaints from Owners, GMs, Players and big time NBA season ticket holders about the city not being fit to host.

Dallas is such a piece of crap it doesnt deserve this fight. Only a moron would make an airport 30 min from the city....then have a crap-hole city.....then put the stadium, which should be easy to get to and access for a thing such as All-Star weekend, another 40 min in the other direction outside the city.

Yes, I am happy

The controversy over the venue for the super fight between pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao and former No.1 Floyd Mayweather Jr has been resolved.

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum informed us shortly after noon on Friday, Manila Time, that the choice of a site for what promises to be a fight for the ages has been narrowed down to the MGM Grand in Las Vegas and the $1.2 billion state-of-the-art Dallas Cowboys Stadium of Jerry Jones .

Arum said "we are finalizing the contract and then we'll determine the site. There are two places in the running. At least we've eliminated all the nonsense. Its between the MGM Grand or Dallas."

Arum revealed that the owner of the Dallas Cowboys, Jerry Jones, "made a fantastic offer to us. He has already indicated that he's going to increase it and it will be by far the biggest site fee ever."

The Top Rank promoter said he understands that the MGM Grand will "come up with a very good offer and that will determine what we're going to do. I think we are making good progress in getting through all of the other points."

He claimed that the people who made the offer to have the fight at the Staples Center "knew before they made the offer that it would not be accepted." He noted that "the offer was too low and secondly it subjects both fighters to state income tax. Mayweather, for his purpose, lives in Nevada and pays no state income tax. "

Arum insisted "Staples was never a starter. It was never a possibility so I told Michael Koncz (Pacquiao's adviser) calm down, nobody was even considering Staples Center."

BoxingScene.com, insidesports.ph, Standard Today and Viva Sports understands that the Mayweather people had also made it known that they wouldn't fight in Los Angeles which meant that both sides were on the same page with regard to the venue.

Mr. Jones making moves.

Originally Posted by BEAST MODE

Both PBF & Pacman have equally obnoxious fanbases.
I just came in here to let everybody know that this is the only worthwhile post in this entire thread.

Ironically, the thread itself is validation of this assertion.

I don't know anything about Boxing, so someone tell me: Is this really the biggest fight of all time?

I'd think that the biggest fight of all time involved people like Ali and Tyson. Like I said, though, I don't know anything about Boxing.

Yeah it's hard to call a fight in this day and age where boxing's on the back burner "the greatest fight of all time" but it has thepotential to be a classic.

Back
Top Bottom