ThE Official G.I. Joe Retaliation Movie Thread vol my childhood has been DESTROYED AGAIN. March'2013

After seeing the backlash other movies are getting from the Avengers (Avengers eating up their box-office), they are afraid the SpiderMan (would have opened a week later- 07/03) will eat up GI Joes box office along with TDKR (would have opened 3 weeks later- 07/20) and they might not be able to get enough domestic tickets sold.

If this is true..the film is gonna lose a lotta hype from me..and a lot of G.I. Joe fans..they already put so much effort into this film..DON'T CONVERT IT TO 3-D..ITS A WASTE OF TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think this is a bad move but it could pay off for that 3D money. I'll still see it in 2D next year, $@@$ 3D

There's not even a scene that would work (from what I can recall) in 3D. Such a shame this is.

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

There's not even a scene that would work (from what I can recall) in 3D. Such a shame this is.

I think the scene where the ninja folks are on the cliff flying around would work....
but I think the 3D conversion is just a guise to cover up what RFX45 is saying, they are scared.

Oh, look. It's Frank Mucus again with that humblebrag, I've seen the movie already.
indifferent.gif

The Real Reason Behind G.I. Joe 2's Delay?

As reported a few days ago, G.I. Joe: Retaliation has been bumped from its original release date of June 29th, 2012 to March 29th, 2013.

When pressed for a simple 'Why?' the answer came back that some scenes were going to be reshot using 3D technology, in an effort to capitalize on foreign markets.

But this didn't seem like the right thing to a lot of people and now over at Deadline, they're reporting the real reason for the delay.

Warning: Potential spoilers (but since the movie is being reshot, who knows).

Spoiler [+]
Apparently the film wasn't scoring well with test audiences due to the very early on screen death of Channing Tatum's character Duke and the lack of character development between himself and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson prior to his killing.

Well, if you didn't think that Hollywood ever listened to the public, here is a perfect case of it.

Originally Posted by RFX45

The Real Reason Behind G.I. Joe 2's Delay?

As reported a few days ago, G.I. Joe: Retaliation has been bumped from its original release date of June 29th, 2012 to March 29th, 2013.

When pressed for a simple 'Why?' the answer came back that some scenes were going to be reshot using 3D technology, in an effort to capitalize on foreign markets.

But this didn't seem like the right thing to a lot of people and now over at Deadline, they're reporting the real reason for the delay.

Warning: Potential spoilers (but since the movie is being reshot, who knows).

Spoiler [+]
Apparently the film wasn't scoring well with test audiences due to the very early on screen death of Channing Tatum's character Duke and the lack of character development between himself and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson prior to his killing.

Well, if you didn't think that Hollywood ever listened to the public, here is a perfect case of it.

Spoiler [+]
If they are reshooting, they could get rid of that guy, Flint. He added nothing to the movie except for being a waste of space. People also cheered in joy when Tatum died when I saw it.

I already see them finding a way to make him alive by then end of the movie to carry over for part 3. I think he is better suited for comedy roles.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Who is the redhead in the movie, and where can I acquire n00ds

My new bust it baby ... Adrianne Palicki

Why is there so much hate for Tatum, he is just one of the bros?!

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

cuz dude cant act. but dude was good in 21 Jump tho
laugh.gif
 he's really not that bad of an actor; people hate on him because chicks like him because he's jacked

I don't think they'll keep Tatum alive for the whole film, they'll probably just give him more scene where he and the Rock interacts. I doubt they re-shoot the whole film to include him w/o changing much of the plot.

And yes, he is a terrible actor, just as bad as Hayden Christensen.

Soooo I'm guessing they decided to let Duke live?

Back
Top Bottom