* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

I'm gonna go on a limb and say that Kanye ruins the album.. I've lost interest and love or his tracks

I'd MUCH rather see some Maybach Music type tracks from Justice League

Originally Posted by zokid

Word I don't know why Jay hasn't called these Ns...
I also wonder why he didn't take that Bink Beat he played for Budden and them...

This is one thing that has kinda of bugged me about Jay Z the past few albums.
To me its seems that once he drops an album he kind of abandons it.
Very few official singles/videos. Of course he's in a position in his career where he doesn't really need those things.
However, as a fan/consumer of his music those things are still appreciated. I also think he could utilize the internetz a bit more.

(may be a bit unrelated but i didn't think it needed a new thread)

real talk

i agree Kanye is %%$#!%@ up the cover

and he does have too much say

its the only album ever where Jay aint on the cover

why would he change it now?

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Originally Posted by zokid

Word I don't know why Jay hasn't called these Ns...
I also wonder why he didn't take that Bink Beat he played for Budden and them...
Kind of in the same vein as what you're saying, I think Jay tries to do WAY too much with the music. He tries to create sounds that wedon't normally hear and separate himself from the game. In doing so, he passes up hot beats, waters down his lyrics, and just goes too far. It's likean actor that OVER acts. Hov used to not give a *%*%, he was going to tear down a hot beat. Then it seemed like starting with the Black Album, he ventured offfrom what made him who he is. I think he's always going to be the greatest, but sometimes he takes it past a "musical growth" stage into this"I'm a grown man, so I got to use live instruments and extra boom baps" phase. Just make hot music -- get hot beats, anihilate them, and move on.I think part of what made AG a good album was that he gave us what we wanted to hear (to a certain extent). I have a feeling that on this album, he returns tomore of a Kingdom Come feel. Quit trying to be too "grown" for the game, just give us something ill. Quit trying to start trends (and end them), justgive us hot music. Blow us away, but quit trying so hard ...

"Old Hov hit like Pujols, new Hov hit like you know! [Ortiz]"

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Jay-Z_blueprint3_cover.jpg

Looks pretty emo if you ask me!!! But it's just a cover so whatever.

there goes this emo stuff %+%!$@ is talkin bout nowdays

do me a favor and define emo instead of throwin the word around the same way people throw 'hypebeast' around
eyes.gif

i dont really like the cover either. but still I ain't look at it think, yeah, thats 'emo'.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Some of yall really salty at the cover saying "Kanye ruined the album"
laugh.gif

Real talk, NT'ers can predict an albums classic status from what label it drops on. Give them a tracklist and they can pick each song apart despite nothearing a second of audio lol.

I hope this album sounds nothing like 808s. Jay better put DP III on this or I'm gonna be real disappointed.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

do me a favor and define emo instead of throwin the word around the same way people throw 'hypebeast' around
eyes.gif

i dont really like the cover either. but still I ain't look at it think, yeah, thats 'emo'.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Is it that hard to comprehend? Emo= Soft, simple as that. By looking @ the cover you wouldn't think a song would be on there where he says"All blackeverything... I might wear black for a year straight... just get violent etc" . By looking @ his privious cd covers it doesn't look like a Jay Z albumcover does it? It looks like the set of Love Lockdown or some %+++%#%+ like that. I didn't say the album will suck & I didn't say I won't cop.

Album cover looks dope.

One thing I never understand is why everyone always goes ape %+$% over the tracklistings, the first ones are ALWAYS fake
laugh.gif

I'm definitely coppin either way just to keep the collection up to par.

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Is it that hard to comprehend? Emo= Soft, simple as that. By looking @ the cover you wouldn't think a song would be on there where he says"All black everything... I might wear black for a year straight... just get violent etc" . By looking @ his privious cd covers it doesn't look like a Jay Z album cover does it? It looks like the set of Love Lockdown or some %+++%#%+ like that. I didn't say the album will suck & I didn't say I won't cop.
Uhhh but Emo doesn't even mean soft. You can't take words and make up your own definition for it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Is it that hard to comprehend? Emo= Soft, simple as that. By looking @ the cover you wouldn't think a song would be on there where he says"All black everything... I might wear black for a year straight... just get violent etc" . By looking @ his privious cd covers it doesn't look like a Jay Z album cover does it? It looks like the set of Love Lockdown or some %+++%#%+ like that. I didn't say the album will suck & I didn't say I won't cop.
Uhhh but Emo doesn't even mean soft. You can't take words and make up your own definition for it
laugh.gif

Pointless arguement, just make sure you BUY the album since you care to argue something so petty...

Album covers are now judged as "soft" so if you dont have a "hard" album cover (whatever that means) then its wack?!

The logic of people in this music forum never ceases to amaze me.

As someone says earlier the album cover fits with the theme of what Jay said he wanted this album to be about....so maybe some of y'all just don't getit.

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Gone in 50 seconds took the words right out of my mouth no @%%#.

real talk

1.Emo52867 up, 15177 down [img]http://static3.urbandictionary.com/images/thumbsup.gif?1249254831[/img] [img]http://static2.urbandictionary.com/images/thumbsdown.gif?1249254831[/img]

Genre of softcore punk music that integrates unenthusiastic melodramatic 17 year olds who dont smile, high pitched overwrought lyrics and inaudible guitar rifts with tight wool sweaters, tighter jeans, itchy scarfs (even in the summer), ripped chucks with favorite bands signature, black square rimmed glasses, and ebony greasy unwashed hair that is required to cover at least 3/5 ths of the face at an angle.

::sniff sniff:: "The Demise of the Siberian Traintracks of Our Rusty Forgotten Unblemished Love" sounds like it would make a great emo band name. ::cry::
get this def on a mug

I like the intro and first 3 tracks. The track with Nas is the best collab I heard in a long time. I'm not feeling the rest of the album at all. Seriouslydisappointed with this one.

Originally Posted by BlueberryMansions7000

I like the intro and first 3 tracks. The track with Nas is the best collab I heard in a long time. I'm not feeling the rest of the album at all. Seriously disappointed with this one.

nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom