* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

Originally Posted by back1ntheday

for real, great artists should be held to the highest standards. jays been sacrificing the music, the things that make him a great artist, and for what? if he wants to be number one on everybody's list he cant be making music just to stay relevant or cater his music to appeal to a broader audience, which is what he seems to be doing. that might seem like a contradiction, but the way i see it, if you're a rapper, be a rapper, don't try to be some pop star. you want to be number one, bring back the energy, the lyricism, the type of raps that make you rewind a track and say "what the $$++ did he just say?!?!?!?!??!?!?". its been a while since that's happened with jay. think of the great artists in other genre's, they don't sacrifice the music, because the music is whats most important. there's no doubt jay can still do that, and damn, if he needs to start writing again do that, i mean the last time he did that was can i live, arguably the greatest jay-z joint of all time.

but realistically though, if jay even comes with a few tracks that leave me feeling like i just listened to the black album for the first time, you wont hear me complaining much.
Real dang talk right there

for real, great artists should be held to the highest standards. jays been sacrificing the music, the things that make him a great artist, and for what? if he wants to be number one on everybody's list he cant be making music just to stay relevant or cater his music to appeal to a broader audience, which is what he seems to be doing. that might seem like a contradiction, but the way i see it, if you're a rapper, be a rapper, don't try to be some pop star. you want to be number one, bring back the energy, the lyricism, the type of raps that make you rewind a track and say "what the $$++ did he just say?!?!?!?!??!?!?". its been a while since that's happened with jay. think of the great artists in other genre's, they don't sacrifice the music, because the music is whats most important. there's no doubt jay can still do that, and damn, if he needs to start writing again do that, i mean the last time he did that was can i live, arguably the greatest jay-z joint of all time.

but realistically though, if jay even comes with a few tracks that leave me feeling like i just listened to the black album for the first time, you wont hear me complaining much.

QFT

Jay is focused on tryna sell out the Glastonbury regularly now. He'll still have a few records to appease the heads, but I think he's past going forthe sound some of yall tryna hear...

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

timbaland needs to stick to pop... sorry to say it... or at least other rappers... i dont wanna hear jay makin BS semi hype songs... i wanna hear him spit that $*@+... he can rap about the streets for his next 30 albums... wont hear me complain ever... this $*@+ aint it... off that is trash... so is reminder... hooks both suck... beats both suck... jay spittin but he was gone do that no matter what beat it was on... he's 2/4 right now... really 1.5/4 cuz DOA aint all that... i cant believe he didnt use them just blaze beats man... when jay on some other $*@+ he on some OTHER $*@+...
Took the words right outta my mouth...

Pause...

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Reminder is Garbage.......JustBlaze...Where art thou?

Hov is too cocky to be rapping....Son thinks he can just drop lyrics on any beat with any hook and it'll be Hot....sike his mind.

All I'm saying is a friend played the instrumental of what was said to be "Takeover 2" and it was just
eek.gif

Just pretty much gave Jay 3 beats you can say was that "original Blueprint sound." Still confused as to why they didn't make the final cut.

Originally Posted by MrDills

QFT
Sorry but this is quite absurd...there is nothing wrong with high standards but when your standards are not reasonable (as is the case here) thenyour opinion doesn't matter.

Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

I get the feeling after listening to jays new stuff that he does not appreicate or respect his fans.
LOL WHAT?!
roll.gif
How do you become one of the best if not thebest in the genre without respecting or appreciating your fans?! The intelligence level on NT is at an all time high.

.....He Off That

roll.gif
at some of yal bein so disppointed. This may sound a lil ignorant butplease SOMEBODY ANYBODY.....TELL ME WAT YAL EXPECT/WANT FROM JAY AT THIS STAGE IN HIS CAREER? I MUST KNOW.
dont make me have to give this its own thread.........

Originally Posted by Jumpman2314

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

timbaland needs to stick to pop... sorry to say it... or at least other rappers... i dont wanna hear jay makin BS semi hype songs... i wanna hear him spit that $*@+... he can rap about the streets for his next 30 albums... wont hear me complain ever... this $*@+ aint it... off that is trash... so is reminder... hooks both suck... beats both suck... jay spittin but he was gone do that no matter what beat it was on... he's 2/4 right now... really 1.5/4 cuz DOA aint all that... i cant believe he didnt use them just blaze beats man... when jay on some other $*@+ he on some OTHER $*@+...
Took the words right outta my mouth...

Pause...

preach....when i saw timbo on the prod credits i shook my head...when those 2 tracks leaked it confirmed my thoughts...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

.....He Off That

roll.gif
at some of yal bein so disppointed. This may sound a lil ignorant but please SOMEBODY ANYBODY.....TELL ME WAT YAL EXPECT/WANT FROM JAY AT THIS STAGE IN HIS CAREER? I MUST KNOW.
Great question....however those posing the "great expectations" will never answer. But I would assume sadly they want the samesound/vibe of reasonable doubt along with the same flow.....people with these type of expectations want to hear the same thing and never see the genreprogress. The expect the old sound and for some amazing reason are shocked when they do not get it that they do not appreciate good new music and areignorantly disappointed. Its really sad...

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Reminder is Garbage.......JustBlaze...Where art thou?

Hov is too cocky to be rapping....Son thinks he can just drop lyrics on any beat with any hook and it'll be Hot....sike his mind.

All I'm saying is a friend played the instrumental of what was said to be "Takeover 2" and it was just
eek.gif
Just pretty much gave Jay 3 beats you can say was that "original Blueprint sound." Still confused as to why they didn't make the final cut.

smh.gif
frown.gif

seriously every thread on NT about the lead up to a Jay album since the dynasty has been EXACTLY the same

So back in 01 when BP was about to drop, if 4 leaked tracks had came out.... Izzo, Jigga My N---, Hola Hovita and Heart Of The City.... most on here would besaying Jay is 1-4. I have yet to hear Off That and the other track so i can't dispute whether the 2 songs are average or garbage but my point is just waittill you hear the album in its entirety, thats one of the reasons i don't really check for leaks unless its from an artist that i really don't havestrong feelings about.

I'll wait to hear the entire album before i reserve judgment. I do the same for Nas albums, Ghost, Lupe and etc

Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

I get the feeling after listening to jays new stuff that he does not appreicate or respect his fans.
He went with what makes cents (sense).

to be honest, he aint the same hov he was, the music is much different now. at this point of his career, and with his fame what else can he do but rap about how he livin? it be wierd to hear a 40 yr old hov on his friend or foe *+*$

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

.....He Off That

roll.gif
at some of yal bein so disppointed. This may sound a lil ignorant but please SOMEBODY ANYBODY.....TELL ME WAT YAL EXPECT/WANT FROM JAY AT THIS STAGE IN HIS CAREER? I MUST KNOW.
Great question....however those posing the "great expectations" will never answer. But I would assume sadly they want the same sound/vibe of reasonable doubt along with the same flow.....people with these type of expectations want to hear the same thing and never see the genre progress. The expect the old sound and for some amazing reason are shocked when they do not get it that they do not appreciate good new music and are ignorantly disappointed. Its really sad...
I hope people dont expect RD forreal? I mean LET ME KNOW PEOPLE!!

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

So back in 01 when BP was about to drop, if 4 leaked tracks had came out.... Izzo, Jigga My N---, Hola Hovita and Heart Of The City.... most on here would be saying Jay is 1-4. I have yet to hear Off That and the other track so i can't dispute whether the 2 songs are average or garbage but my point is just wait till you hear the album in its entirety, thats one of the reasons i don't really check for leaks unless its from an artist that i really don't have strong feelings about.

I'll wait to hear the entire album before i reserve judgment. I do the same for Nas albums, Ghost, Lupe and etc
indifferent.gif
x a hundred thousand trillion.

There is no comparasing between those 4 tracks and these 4. How do you even draw up a comparison? Because 2 were commercial songs? The difference between hiscommercial songs from BP1 and BP3 is that he was actually still rapping about something and spitting @%@% that made you say !%* DID HE JUST SAY?! Yes, even on"Jigga My +%**%".

When was the last time he did that? He caters too much to the "swag" generation now. I cant stand it. And this might sound weird to ya'll, but asa huge Jay fan, Im pretty damn pissed off at what he is putting out right now. I wish someone would just slap some sense back into this man. He can give 2*%$%! about rap right now. He wants the pop fans too.

I wish the big homie woulda just stayed retired.

As for people with great expections. No one here said they were expecting RD. We havent gotten RD Jay since RD itself.

But where is that, as much as I hate the word, swag he used to have? His swag on a track was the flow that just sounded effortless. No dragged out words at theend of his bars, no extra sound effects like AWH. The effortless-ness, the wittyness; "+%**% bite the bullet until you stuffin' your face, HA"<----You telling me you got a problem with a man thats 40 years old spitting something like that? How could you? As long as the bars are dope and themetaphors, concept, flow and everything else that comes with it is nice, why care how old the man is?

Answer me this. You bumped Jay in 03 right? Black Album? Did you have a problem with "I put the gun to ya, I let it singyou a song, I let it hum to ya - the other one sing along - Now its a duet, and you wet, when you check out the technique from the two techs and i dont needtwo lips, to blow this like a trumpet you dumb @%@%" at age 34? Naaaaaaaah, I know damn well you didnt. So why if he spits the same @%@% at age 40 youhave a problem with it?

****. You wanna be called "the best rapper alive", then %#*!#!@ act like it and try to put out some good music rather than this techno, 4th gradelyrics %*%$%@*$, my clothes cost more than your clothes, rap.

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

So back in 01 when BP was about to drop, if 4 leaked tracks had came out.... Izzo, Jigga My N---, Hola Hovita and Heart Of The City.... most on here would be saying Jay is 1-4. I have yet to hear Off That and the other track so i can't dispute whether the 2 songs are average or garbage but my point is just wait till you hear the album in its entirety, thats one of the reasons i don't really check for leaks unless its from an artist that i really don't have strong feelings about.

indifferent.gif
x a hundred thousand trillion.

There is no comparasing between those 4 tracks and these 4. How do you even draw up a comparison? Because 2 were commercial songs? The difference between his commercial songs from BP1 and BP3 is that he was actually still rapping about something and spitting @%@% that made you say !%* DID HE JUST SAY?! Yes, even on "Jigga My +%**%".

When was the last time he did that? He caters too much to the "swag" generation now. I cant stand it. And this might sound weird to ya'll, but as a huge Jay fan, Im pretty damn pissed off at what he is putting out right now. I wish someone would just slap some sense back into this man. He can give 2 *%$%! about rap right now. He wants the pop fans too.

I wish the big homie woulda just stayed retired.

As for people with great expections. No one here said they were expecting RD. We havent gotten RD Jay since RD itself.

But where is that, as much as I hate the word, swag he used to have? His swag on a track was the flow that just sounded effortless. No dragged out words at the end of his bars, no extra sound effects like AWH. The effortless-ness, the wittyness; "+%**% bite the bullet until you stuffin' your face, HA" <----You telling me you got a problem with a man thats 40 years old spitting something like that? How could you? As long as the bars are dope and the metaphors, concept, flow and everything else that comes with it is nice, why care how old the man is?

Answer me this. You bumped Jay in 03 right? Black Album? Did you have a problem with "I put the gun to ya, I let it sing you a song, I let it hum to ya - the other one sing along - Now its a duet, and you wet, when you check out the technique from the two techs and i dont need two lips, to blow this like a trumpet you dumb @%@%" at age 34? Naaaaaaaah, I know damn well you didnt. So why if he spits the same @%@% at age 40 you have a problem with it?

****. You wanna be called "the best rapper alive", then %#*!#!@ act like it and try to put out some good music rather than this techno, 4th grade lyrics %*%$%@*$, my clothes cost more than your clothes, rap.
You are missing the point. Dude isn't comparing the 4 tracks. What he is comparing is the fact that no matter what people still would havehated on the first four songs to leak and scrutinize it just because its Jay.

Also why are you so mad?! And why do you even expect him to spit what he spit six years ago?? Sorry but expecting that is just sheer stupidity. You expectedhim foolishly to spit like he did on TBA and you didn't get what you wanted SMH. Your ridiculous expectations for the same sound has clouded your abilityto judge good music. I swear some of y'all need a course in logic and music appreciation.

laugh.gif
@ "swag generation" what does that even mean?!

Back
Top Bottom