* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

Do we like D.O.A. only because of the beat? The hook is a hot mess, and the lyrics are enh. I mess with it though because the beat is undeniable ...

I can't believe you guys aren't feeling "Reminder", "Off that" is understandable, but it will grow on yo

Do you like the hook???? It's not that I'm not feeling the track, but the hook makes me cringe.

laugh.gif
at Relapse comment ...

Originally Posted by RED FLAG

WHAT THE FUCC?

Are you seriously serious?

All I can see is your teeth

kanye smashes every track
no i.d smashes every track
pharell came and murdered it retarted
the song with jeezy is gansgteritis

nerd.gif

Only heard DOA, Run TTown, and off that, wont peep "reminder" or anything else... 2/3 for me.

Please let "off that" not be on the album...S!!! is lame.

I think he leaked these soongs to see wat people feel about em but..... i dont know maybe thats wat it is.

So he can respond to buddens but not game?.....Maybe he think buddens is more diss worthy than game but they one in the same to me as far as bein attentionwhors.

anyone hear that dj noodles tape BP3-qual?

it is a great blend tape, with a couple of those new tracks, check for it, its on 2 dope boyz, should hold you over 'till the album.

doa and run this town are just "ok" tracks to me, i was not excited or impressed by them.

and yes i love jays music, but i dont love every single song he makes.

i like the track with drake, wish he would have had a verse on it though ...

and i have not heard this other leaked track yet, i will look for it now.

Originally Posted by illfrozn

I can't believe you guys aren't feeling "Reminder", "Off that" is understandable, but it will grow on yo

Do you like the hook???? It's not that I'm not feeling the track, but the hook makes me cringe.

hook is garbage!

I think they are planning to leak Monday. But since 4 songs are out, it might be before that.

Right Now Jay is 1.5/4 That's Not a good average.. I Think it's time for Jay to Hang It Up SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!. I Know he isn't gonna spitReasonable Doubt !%# But you don't have to talk about drugs and coke to make a Good Album Like For Real. I think it's time for Jay to let it go. Noneof these Recent tracks have that type of feel to it. Basically he's blending in. NO HATE by the way.

What kills me about NT is that jays last album in 2007 was a damn near classic and after 3 songs ya'll sayin it's gonna be trash but be the same dudesready to Check for OBFCL2 talkin like it's gonna be epic.... has having 13 years of consistently good music not earned this dude some credit

sick.gif

Geeze...

the verses are good but the hook on reminder is annoying as all get out

Relapse > BP3

And thats not saying much

Originally Posted by youngjordan23

What kills me about NT is that jays last album in 2007 was a damn near classic and after 3 songs ya'll sayin it's gonna be trash but be the same dudes ready to Check for OBFCL2 talkin like it's gonna be epic.... has having 13 years of consistently good music not earned this dude some credit

Nope because people on NT don't appreciate good music. They ignorantly expect a certain regurgitated sound and when they don't get it they aredisappointed and deem what they heard as trash.

I agree that 13 years of good music should earn a great artist some credit but to the ignorant minded that logic doesn't apply.

Originally Posted by roc4life24

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

Originally Posted by roc4life24

beat is good

but i was expecting great lyrical content /w decent chorus. Instead a 40 year old talking about his platinum plaques (sp?).

jay-z and timb are supposed to have fun instead someone gassed jay up like we dont know his past. His present seems lacking now
grin.gif
eyes.gif

statements like this bother (no shot to you)
this is how everyone...... eh %%+$ it... i dont care
I feel you Infyrno on this being irksome....its just idiotic. Expectations for songs to be a certain way will kill any appreciation you possibly will have for the music. And at the end of the day nobody gives a damn what anyone on here expected.
my expectations content wise aside, by jay-z standards, or hell just jay-z and timberland standards this joint is just average. Agree?
grin.gif
I didnt listen to reminder but Off That is an average song to me. Not bad but not great either. However I am judging that off lyrics and the beatnot by what I expect Jay and Timbo to produce.

an "average" song from jay-z is better than most rappers best work (excluding Eminem & Nas)

So by calling it an average track that's saying a lot

Originally Posted by WhatYouKnow

Originally Posted by awwsome

I still think BP3 will be a classic, and all yall naysayers will be singing different tunes around 9/11

I'm going to have to agree somewhat with that...

The Black Album was the last Jay-Z album that I still have in rotation... KC was cool and AG I hardly ever listen to.

IMO the 3 tracks i've heard - DOA, Run This Town, and Off That.. have me much more excited about BP3 compared to how I felt about "Show Me What You Got" and "Roc Boys" before KC and AG come out.

I think that BP3 will be a solid album, but it will take time to grow on people.

EDIT: Just heard - Reminder. Only further re-iterates my point. Quality track... It might not be his best work, but compared to some of the work off the past 2 albums - it's dope.

laugh.gif
@ classic. yall not even being realistic anymore

Originally Posted by youngjordan23

has having 13 years of consistently good music not earned this dude some credit
It earned him credit for me saying BP3 will be hot before listening to the songs. But once I listened to the songs and hear trash I'm notgonna give no one credit cause they have made classic records in the past.

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

American Gangster is still
eek.gif
to me, for the record.

its my favorite jay album (flame suit on) but this just sounds like some weak pop @#$%. like a mix of filler of BP2 and kingdom come

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

American Gangster is still
eek.gif
to me, for the record.

Yeah great album... This BP3 from what I heard so far is going to be epically mediocre.

At least we have Joe Budden to listen too
pimp.gif

for real, great artists should be held to the highest standards. jays been sacrificing the music, the things that make him a great artist, and for what? if hewants to be number one on everybody's list he cant be making music just to stay relevant or cater his music to appeal to a broader audience, which is whathe seems to be doing. that might seem like a contradiction, but the way i see it, if you're a rapper, be a rapper, don't try to be some pop star. youwant to be number one, bring back the energy, the lyricism, the type of raps that make you rewind a track and say "what the $$++ did he justsay?!?!?!?!??!?!?". its been a while since that's happened with jay. think of the great artists in other genre's, they don't sacrifice themusic, because the music is whats most important. there's no doubt jay can still do that, and damn, if he needs to start writing again do that, i mean thelast time he did that was can i live, arguably the greatest jay-z joint of all time.

but realistically though, if jay even comes with a few tracks that leave me feeling like i just listened to the black album for the first time, you wont hearme complaining much.

Back
Top Bottom