* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

after further review this is the best album in the past 4 years...

28r01v8.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

On a side not, what the hell is Soulja Boy & Hov doing in the SAME studio?! That sure looks like S-O-U-L-J-A Beezy Diddy boppin' to me
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
thats ty ty from dead presidents "cant stop I from sippin mah tahswit Ty Ty etc....."

Anybody feel some type of way or offended by that 9/11 verse on this?

I was caught off guard he took it there. I'm sure Bill O'Reily is gonna have fun with that (if he hasn't already
nerd.gif
).

I forgot about it for some reason. It's on Thank You

I was gonna kill a couple rappers but they did it to themselves
I was gonna do it with the flow but they did it with the sales
I was gonna 9/11 them but they didn't need the help
And they did a good job, them boys is talented as hell
Not only did they brick they put a building up as well
Then ran a plane in to that building and when that building fell
Ran to the crash site with no masks and inhaled
Toxins deep inside they're lungs until both of them were filled
Blew the cloud out like a L in to a jar and took a smell *Inhaling sound*
Cuz I heard 2nd hand smoke kills
%$%*+* thought they was ill
Found out they was, illlllll(actually sick for those that didn't catch it
laugh.gif
)
And it's like you knew exactly how I wanted you to feel

I personally love it but w/e. I wrote this out myself so w/e if it's not accurate

Originally Posted by D723

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

Originally Posted by Al Audi

if losos way is better than BP3.......

this means Raekwon will be my favorite album of the year and Camron will have my favorite mixtape of the year
No worries. Losos Way is NOT better than BP3.
Well that's a subjective statement to begin with, so there really is no way you can say one is better than the other. But what is Jay saying differently than Fab on this album? Seriously.

The highlights of this all come from the musical aspects of it and the features.

True. I'll rephrase imo BP3 > Losos Way and it's not even close. Both are solid though.
I thoroughly enjoy 13/15 of the tracks on BP3 and 2 or 3 months down the road I'll still be bumping BP3 as opposed to Losos Way.

Besides Ghetto Fabolous, Losos Way has been the closest album with any replay value from Fab.
Losos Way had to many calculable lines and "step your bars up" lines.

Yo I gave the album a listen...

I actually thought it was pretty good... and I'm not a Jay-Z fan at all like that... I think dude is top 8-12... most overrated rapper of all timethough...

But, I'm thinking that I might think it's good because of nothing for it to go against or compare it to... I thought it was a good album and solideffort by Jay, but not spectacular...

BP1 > BP3 > BP2... will probably go out and support because I'm going to buy the Beanie Sigel album too...

There are a song or two that is unbearable... off top the song with Kanye is like the wackest one on the album I think...

Man maybe I just expect too much out of Jay these days. It's a good album but just not what I set my bar for. For example, Real As It Gets and Go Crazy(Remix) are very similar musically. But lyrically they're not even in the same LEAGUE.

Uh, more than a hustla I'm the definition of it
Master chef, lord of the kitchen cupboard
More than a street legend, homey it's Hova
More than a relief pitcher, I'm the closer
The Mariano of the Mariott, ah
If money talks, the whole world's bout to hear me out
See I'm a hustler's hope, I'm not his pipe dreams
So when they speak of success, I'm what they might mean
Attract money my worst color is light green
My favorite hue is Jay-Z blue
Don't follow me young'n, follow my moves, I'm not a role model
A bad influence got the world drinkin gold bottles
When Puff was in that tub spillin Mo'
I was at my video, Cris' on the speedboat
In my lifetime ##*+%, go through your research
St. Thomas my ##*+%, that was me first
Chrome shoe'd the GS, I came feet first
In the game like a baby boo on the reach birth
I got the keys if you need work
I can kingpin you a line, the diamond of time (uhh)
My %@$!+@ love it when I talk like this
My corporate people start buggin cause I talk like this
The corporate thugs is like, "Nah Hov, talk that !%!+"
The dope boys go crazy when they hear that boy Jay-Z
See I'ma '80s baby, master (?)
School of Hard Knocks, everyday is college
You ain't did nothin I ain't did, ##*+% pay homage
or pay the doctor, I sprayed Lami's
Still, the time'll reveal, you know I'm bein honest
Ya ain't put my coat yet and I keep my xxxx in coat check
They say the truth shall come to the light
So everybody grab your chains cause your boy that bright

I want this from Jay.

On to the next one came on i had on that mean stoneface, then i started boppin my head slowly, by the midpoint i was humpin the couch.

Originally Posted by FEETure

man, im really surprised with all the dislike. i refrain from using the word 'hate' because that seems to get people rowled up. but anyway, i feel like this is some good music right here. his beat selection is nice and his flow is top tier. i love this joint right here.

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

I can just picture for the video for "Empire State of Mind". He needs to make that his next single ASAP.

Yeah, I'm 8 songs in and I'm really feeling this one. Alicia
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

On to the next one came on i had on that mean stoneface, then i started boppin my head slowly, by the midpoint i was humpin the couch.

laugh.gif
I was with u til after that last comma buddy. lol.

1. What We Talkin Bout
I like this record... Great way to start the album... Not sure how much I care about him speakin on Jaz & Dame @ this point...
4/5

2. Thank You
The Slick Rick accent?? Didn't really care too much for this joint...
2.5/5

3. D.O.A.
He had the right idea... He just played it waaay too safe... 1st verse was coo, after that it kinda sucked... Nothing we havn't discussed already
3/5

4. Run This Town
Ummmm not sure how I feel about this one... Jay just sounds washed up... Kanye showed him up...
This isn't the record I wanna hear a 46 year old Jay make... But hey, whatever it takes to sell record...
3/5

5. Empire State Of Mind
SERIOUS!!!!!!! Mature, but still real hip hop... This is what 46 year old rap SHOULD sound like
5/5

6. Real As It Gets
I could've lived without Jeezy poppin up on a Jay Z album... Kinda works tho
Production is pretty coo tho... Jays 2nd verse was DANGEROUS
3.5/5

7. On The Next One
Ummmm... Not sure about this... Sounds like 2 guys that NEED to retire... Maybe Swizz & Jay will make a good song "on the next one"...
2/5

8. Off That
*!@???... I'm guessin this is what they play @ gay clubs?? I'll ask a Drake fan, they'd have a better idea...
1/5

9. Star Is Born
Auto-Tune?? This is pretty gay... Is givin a hip hop review?? Come on... Anybody dumb enuff to buy a Jay Z album knows/remembers all this !**@
The boy J. Cole did his thing...
2/5

10. Venus VS Mars
NOPE
1/5

11. Already Home
This is def. DOPE... Did he just address Ns callin him a camel??
laugh.gif
4.5/5

12. Hate
Guess I'm a hater... This song SUCKS... That "Eerr" !**@ must stop
1/5

13. Reminder
It was aiiiiight... Hook sucks tho, don't care too much for him getting back his "trying to convince people he's the best/greatest" you'dfiguire some trying to drive that point would be able to make a good album without trying to piggy back off everyone poppin right now (Rihanna/Kanye/Drake)
3/5

14. So Ambitious
This is the best these 2 could come up with?? Its pretty coo... But its no "Allure"... I see a Pharrell joint as part of the final 3 track anchor andthis what I get?? Is this his stab @ positive/motivational rap??
2/5

15. Young Forever
For some reason I saw Hudson and was thinkin Jessica Hudson sine the tracklisting dropped... Start listenin & I hear a fake Chris Martin...
Jay is trying entirely too hard... Its pretty decent tho... Kinda like a shiddy version of "Beach Chair"
3/5
After further review... I really like this song... Just has special feeling to it...
4.5/5

I don't know about this one... Jay Z sounds the most uncomfortable I have ever heard him (maybe with the exception of KC), it sounds like he wants to stillbe foward thinking with his music, but it just doesnt work... I mean the genuis of Jay Z is the fact that he was NEVER one to really try to hard, coolness justkinda came natural to him... Now he's kinda like you're 40+ uncle who's still tryin be young, throws rims on his car and !**@, always switchin hisjoint up... Wanting to steal the attention from his nephews.

I would've prefered a more mature sounding album from a production standpoint... I still love the templete Rick Ross laid for "Mature" soundinghip hop with the first half of Deeper Than Rap, I would've prefered this album take a simular direction, but he kinda got carried away with the futuristicsounding production...

After ONE listen...

Overall - 3.25/5

Another pretty shiddy Jay Z album
tired.gif

That commercial > this album.

I
laugh.gif
during the entire "Forever Young" song.

I'm no longer putting Jay in the same category as Nas.

Kanye won.

glad to see folks are feelin a majority of the tracks...only had one other opinion but duke hates jay....so his opinion is void...waitin for the 11th...

Back
Top Bottom