* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Same old stuff in every Jay thread and it gets rather boring and ridiculous.

First of all the Michael Jordan/rap-basketball analogy is corny and makes absolutely no sense. Losing your physical ability as an athlete is not even close to being comparable to being able to make good music as you get older. The problem here is with hip-hop culture and its fans....where the nonsensical belief that you can only make good music in this genre when you are young came from is beyond me. ONLY in hip-hop does this theory exist that so many people harp on. Are rock fans telling the Rolling Stones or Bruce Springsteen to stop making music?! NOT AT ALL! Quite frankly it is ignorant thinking and its sad to see so many people here on NT actually believe and feed into that nonsense...it is consumers/fans that think this way that consistently set the genre back instead of allowing it to evolve.

Secondly regarding Jay the expectations of what he should spit or how he should spit are ridiculous. The man has consistently made good music and still continues to do so. However, he can't win for being diverse. If he makes DOA people want a certain type of track, he releases Run This Town and people want harder tracks. Every song the man releases cant be Dead Presidents....his flow has evolved and so has his music. So many people on here say "I want bars like these" or a "track like this from Jay". Nobody cares what kind of track you want or think should make....if you really care about the genre or love music period you should just want GOOD MUSIC. Wanting a specific kind of track or having "expectations" before a track or album is even released prevents you from fully appreciating music as you have already made up in your mind how a song or project should sound.

I am all for debating and critiquing music but damn can we just enjoy the music and let artist be artists without putting ridiculous restrictions on age and how they should sound?! Good hip-hop is good lyrics over a good beat and when it comes to Jay he has been the epitome of producing that consistency in the genre point blank period.

1) You Are Absolute and I too view it as appalling

2) Thats just it... he isn't being diverse at all. Get Off That sounds like any other trash you would hear on the radio now a day from Flo-rida or someone of that caliber. We Run This Town he was really subpar lyric wise from the standard that he's set for himself. The witty, clever, deep in depth lyrics that made him great just aren't there. His music is not evolving its trying to appeal generation that he really has no connection to. At this point in his career he should be pass that mindset.

3) See thats the problem, as of late he's been $%#%*!% this equation all the way up bro. Thus his music is suffering and it isn't good. I personally do not want to hear him talking about moving kilo's or killing someone or a block. Nor do I care to hear him talk about how much money he has or how fly he is which seems to be all his subject matter consist of these days, but its sooooooooooo much other +%%$ he can address and talk about it isn't funny. He just doesn't, which is why he's struggling right now.
tired.gif
I think Off That is cool but nothing special. However I disagree with you on Jay appealing to the masses. Just because every Jay song isnt deeplyrically doesnt mean that he is appealing to the masses. If Jay was trying to appeal to the masses he never would have released AG or a track like DOAbecause that album and that song are not ways to attract the younger crowd. Of course as a businessman Jay wants to sell records but he is already soestablished in the game and has a hardcore group of fans so he doesn't need to appeal to the masses. Just because Jay has one or two songs that is radiofriendly on his album doesnt mean he is trying to appeal to the masses or a younger generation.

I dont get why anyone would be shocked that Jay has a song/single like Run This Town on the album. Its radio friendly but its a good song. How peopledon't see that dude still makes great music is beyond me?!

I think as of recently Jay has tried to progress the genre musically and diversify his content and he still gets criticized the man cant win. On KC he is onsome grown man executive vibe and people hate on it and say he is not "street enough" (whatever that means) then he has a concept album with AG andthat still gets criticized.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

^ you would
smh.gif

Would you prefer me to say that the track is wack G?? Again, the track isn't great, but it's far from wack, it's a solid track.

C'mon Fam No It Is Not... That %%%+ Is Garbage Bro. I'm not a Jay basher by any means but he is letting me down with this %%%+ he's on as of late. Forget trying to appeal to the masses/new crowd... Make Good Music, its as simple as that.

This %%%+ conjures up thoughts of "I Know What Girls Like" to me... SERIOUSLY

It actually pains me to say that
smh.gif

This track is far from garbage, it's not great, but it's far from garbage. I think you might want to listen to it again. The only drawback to me onthis track is the beat, but even the beat appears better to me after more than 1 listen.

i already know the other timbo track is gonna be garbage......timbo present day sound isn't for jay but it is what it is i guess

Sidenote... Does Jay + Timbo = overrated combo...

I mean they had Jigga what, come and get me and Dirt off your solider...
Everything else I can go my entire life without hearing again...

Originally Posted by Dapper D

big pimping? Lobster and shrimp? damn b

Off That really sucks IMO....I liked DOA but "Run This Town" and this joint make it seem like BP3 is shaping up to be a KC. If the rest of the albumisn't good I think Hov might really need to hang it up.

Originally Posted by diceloveme

Those do nothing for me...

Won't listen until 9/11.

I've only heard DOA and Run This Town. I liked DOA alot...Run This Town isn't as bad as it was when I first heard it. Though I haven't heard"Off That"...I know I won't like it because it's a Timbaland joint and I can't remember the last time he did something that I felt. Allthat halfway Techno/Electronica #+!@ he been making for the past 4 years...I just couldn't get down with it.

Originally Posted by diceloveme

Hola' Hovito
N What, N Who
Come And Get Me
Is That Yo B
Hey Papi
The Bounce

grin.gif
eyes.gif

beat is good

but i was expecting great lyrical content /w decent chorus. Instead a 40 year old talking about his platinum plaques (sp?).

jay-z and timb are supposed to have fun instead someone gassed jay up like we dont know his past. His present seems lacking now
grin.gif
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom