* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Oh anybody else notice he aint mention Wayne on A star Is Born? and rightfully so? Dude just ignored his whole existence
laugh.gif
I could have swore he mentions Wayne.....twice
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Oh anybody else notice he aint mention Wayne on A star Is Born? and rightfully so? Dude just ignored his whole existence
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
I just caught it. Wayne did a Milli and then goes on to name everyone else who did. Don't thinkhe says his name again tho Must be the way he's saying his name I've played this joint like 10 times and I'm hearing his name out ofeveryone else's for the first time. But my previous post is now null and void anyway
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
nerd.gif
I just caught it once. Wayne did a Milli and then goes on to name everyone else who did. Don't think he says his name again tho. But my previous post is now null and void anyway
laugh.gif
"wayne scorching, ill applaud him. if he keep going, pass the torch to him."

Yea yall bugging Already Home is the best track on this album. It's official. Better than ESOM and w/e else you thought was in the running. Even though I said a lot of songs on this without a specific topic is mentioning the same shhh this song separates itself from the rest. I don't even think yall fully caught all the shhh he just said in that yet. All 3 verses something serious. Still tho no reason to say outlandish statements about such a great song just to throw it in to some untouchable category.
Yeah I gotta agree, I can't stop playing it. "I done cut up the roc(k), so why the %*%% can't ya'll get hot already? Put yourname in the pot already..."
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by ZSong

::

-"Thank You" - I appreciate The Clipse reference... so Jay listens to their music huh?
pimp.gif

yo, I smiled when he said said, "keys, keys, open doors"
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

The Alicia hook on "Empire State of Mind" made me shed a tear.

Hook is angelic as *#%%.
I think it was you who said Alicia never sounded like this. I agree.
Never would've guessed it was her without reading her name in the credits.
Woulda been like, "Yo, somebody gimme info on this new chick on the Empire record..."

and OK I like that verse 3 on "Already Home" but I DON'T like the way Jay says 'already'
like he pronouncing it all proper and afraid to imitate a Southern drawl....
meanwhile he stay with that corny British accent left and right. whats really hood

Enough instrumental is left at the end of "Venus vs Mars" for me to loop
nerd.gif

Gonna mix around that Forever Young to repeat Mr.Hudson's intro somewhere in there
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MissinPieces

tired.gif

It saddens me that most of yall dont get the concept/message of this CD and he clearly states it throughout
smh.gif

D.O.A, Off That, On To The Next......

He's clearly telling "us" as black people to get "OFF THAT" dumb s*** we've been brain washed by "Rappers" as "Cool"

ie. Selling drugs, busting guns, sipping cris, riding rims, rocking throwbacks(when that era popped),
big clothes, fighting in the club, making it rain, doing songs/merging with other genres.....

Its funny how Hov fans claim he never passed the torch and he goes and does a song with not 1 but 3 "Freshmen"
eyes.gif

Ill def be copping this along with that Cudi on the 15th

I agree that he is giving a different message, and I am feeling that. However, I still dont think its all that great of an album. Just because your message isdifferent doesnt mean your flow should suffer. I mean, Andre 3 stacks pulls it off.

laugh.gif
nerd.gif
He did
roll.gif

Hate is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

tired.gif

It saddens me that most of yall dont get the concept/message of this CD and he clearly states it throughout
smh.gif

He's clearly telling "us" as black people to get "OFF THAT" dumb s*** we've been brain washed by "Rappers" as "Cool"

ie. Selling drugs, busting guns, sipping cris, riding rims, rocking throwbacks(when that era popped),
big clothes, fighting in the club, making it rain, doing songs/merging with other genres.....

Its funny how Hov fans claim he never passed the torch and he goes and does a song with not 1 but 3 "Freshmen"
eyes.gif

I agree that he is giving a different message, and I am feeling that. However, I still dont think its all that great of an album. Just because your message is different doesnt mean your flow should suffer. I mean, Andre 3 stacks pulls it off.
Basically and it's a joke you trying to bring shh up after the fact. Name another album Ol Man Jigga featuring up and coming rappers? I'llwait.

As far as this message. He's not the one for that. Nobody is going to ride with him on that like they rode with him on the shh he was on before unlessit's a bunch of kids trying to act "grown". Dude built his career on that. Without that he's nothing. Art imitates life and when timeschange, when a new age is ushered in it's usually cuz the former leader was assassinated and the new young energetic leader with a new fresh vision takesover. Jay has been said to come and take it and that's something I agree with. Only time I call for him to retire is if he's making trash music not cuzhe's blocking up n comers just by making music.

That's what he's saying on Already Home. I aint sitting down for yall to do your thing, come and take it. I'm already somewhere else, why yallfocused on me. I'm already gone so why should I stop? Yall !*$!%@ aint listening. This is why I said this album deals with a lot of the same shhh contentwise, reminiscing, talking about past enemies, talking bout how he's on another level, etc. I guess from that view it fits the BP mold but I just don'trock with everything on this joint cuz not all of it is good music. That's why I said he aint really do anything creative on this joint.

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by ZSong

-"Thank You" - I appreciate The Clipse reference... so Jay listens to their music huh?
pimp.gif

yo, I smiled when he said said, "keys, keys, open doors"
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

The Alicia hook on "Empire State of Mind" made me shed a tear.

Hook is angelic as *#%%.

Hov got this _ goin thru all kinda emotions
roll.gif

Sarcasm and the internet don't mix well.

I'm so ambitious...

I swear, the Jay-Z and Pharrell combo should be another wonder of the world...

...I could hit 2 sistas...

Originally Posted by vezon

Empire State Of Mind is the best song of 09.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

TOOOOOOOO SMOOOOOTH.
pimp.gif

That song is FIRE!!!!! Im not from NEEEEEWWWWWWW YORKKKK!!!! but that song sounds just triumphant and inspirational as hell.

These latest two songs that leaked, Empire State of Mind and A Star is Born is
pimp.gif

Now THAT'S the Jay i LOVE!!!!

Before those two tracks, i wasn't even excited to hear BP3 but now i can't WAIT!

Originally Posted by NeptuneBeats187

I'm so ambitious...

I swear, the Jay-Z and Pharrell combo should be another wonder of the world...

...I could hit 2 sistas...
Yea dudes trippin. This the first track I put on today

"_ Prolly thought I fall without ol' buddy
oh buddy what I do is make more money
Dear Teacher, your prolly somewhere near a speaker
Im balling out of control
Can you hear my sneakers?
F%$# Yall!"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

laugh.gif

He said a line in one of the songs about "if you like the old him then go cop one of his old albums". I'm really at a loss of words on how bad this album turned out to be. Kanye and Jay-Z should never ever work together again while Ye' is in this whole minimal/808 stage. The results are hilarious. And sad.

1. What We Talkin Bout

I really like this beat. Jay-Z ruins it talking about people in the past. If you have so many great things going for you, why are these cats being name checked on your album?
3/5

2. Thank You

Instantly forgettable.
2/5

3. D.O.A.

This beat no longer belongs to Jay-Z.
3/5

4. Run This Town

laugh.gif

0/5

5. Empire State Of Mind

Shame on him for ruining such a ill song title with this track. I expected something much, much darker. It's sill alright tho'.
3/5

6. Real As It Gets

Nope.
2/5

7. On The Next One

I ignored Jay's verses the entire song....that beat is INSANE
eek.gif
. Never ever thought i would say that about a Swizz Beatz track.

8. Off That

alien.gif
Jay-Z/Blueprint 3? We off that...
0/5

9. Star Is Born

He mentioned Illmatic so that's automatically a +1 point.
smh.gif
@ dissing Prodigy again knowing he can't defend hisself behind bars. This sounds like a discussion in the NT music forum tho'.
3/5

10. Venus VS Mars

sick.gif

0/5

11. Already Home

Eh...it's ok.
3/5

12. Hate

Horrible, horrible song. Maybe Ye's worst to date.
alien.gif

-2/5

13. Reminder

NOPE.
0/5

14. So Ambitious

I ride wit Star Trak/Neptunes to the death but this song is horrible.
sick.gif

15. Young Forever

That beat is really, really nice. Dude is having an identity crisis.
2.5/5
I can't wait to come back to this review after i hear the album. Rating Empire and Star is Born so low?

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

laugh.gif

He said a line in one of the songs about "if you like the old him then go cop one of his old albums". I'm really at a loss of words on how bad this album turned out to be. Kanye and Jay-Z should never ever work together again while Ye' is in this whole minimal/808 stage. The results are hilarious. And sad.

1. What We Talkin Bout

I really like this beat. Jay-Z ruins it talking about people in the past. If you have so many great things going for you, why are these cats being name checked on your album?
3/5

2. Thank You

Instantly forgettable.
2/5

3. D.O.A.

This beat no longer belongs to Jay-Z.
3/5

4. Run This Town

laugh.gif

0/5

5. Empire State Of Mind

Shame on him for ruining such a ill song title with this track. I expected something much, much darker. It's sill alright tho'.
3/5

6. Real As It Gets

Nope.
2/5

7. On The Next One

I ignored Jay's verses the entire song....that beat is INSANE
eek.gif
. Never ever thought i would say that about a Swizz Beatz track.

8. Off That

alien.gif
Jay-Z/Blueprint 3? We off that...
0/5

9. Star Is Born

He mentioned Illmatic so that's automatically a +1 point.
smh.gif
@ dissing Prodigy again knowing he can't defend hisself behind bars. This sounds like a discussion in the NT music forum tho'.
3/5

10. Venus VS Mars

sick.gif

0/5

11. Already Home

Eh...it's ok.
3/5

12. Hate

Horrible, horrible song. Maybe Ye's worst to date.
alien.gif

-2/5

13. Reminder

NOPE.
0/5

14. So Ambitious

I ride wit Star Trak/Neptunes to the death but this song is horrible.
sick.gif

15. Young Forever

That beat is really, really nice. Dude is having an identity crisis.
2.5/5

This is blatant hate in your heart.
smh.gif
drugs in our society

Nay, is my man 50 grand (word to the faux coogi jacket) and Illiztruous is too (Mr. SMH_YNS)but I've learned that you gotta take some of the things theysays w/ a grain of salt.

This is no shot/diss/whatever. But it is what it is.

Their rap knowledge is top notch and they def knows his stuff tho'.

That's like w/ any poster though.

But as far as their OPINION on certain artists and their work, I take a step back.

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

Instead of people just saying they dont like Jay-z.....

i have read some of the most IDIOTIC things in this thread.
100% Truth. There's alot of frauds in here, but that's to be expected. The same people that usually don't care for Jay or his musicare yet again some of the first people to comment on this new album, funny how that works.

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

tired.gif

smh.gif

eyes.gif

I agree that he is giving a different message, and I am feeling that. However, I still dont think its all that great of an album. Just because your message is different doesnt mean your flow should suffer. I mean, Andre 3 stacks pulls it off.
Basically and it's a joke you trying to bring shh up after the fact. Name another album Ol Man Jigga featuring up and coming rappers? I'll wait.

As far as this message. He's not the one for that. Nobody is going to ride with him on that like they rode with him on the shh he was on before unless it's a bunch of kids trying to act "grown". Dude built his career on that. Without that he's nothing. Art imitates life and when times change, when a new age is ushered in it's usually cuz the former leader was assassinated and the new young energetic leader with a new fresh vision takes over. Jay has been said to come and take it and that's something I agree with. Only time I call for him to retire is if he's making trash music not cuz he's blocking up n comers just by making music.

That's what he's saying on Already Home. I aint sitting down for yall to do your thing, come and take it. I'm already somewhere else, why yall focused on me. I'm already gone so why should I stop? Yall !*$!%@ aint listening. This is why I said this album deals with a lot of the same shhh content wise, reminiscing, talking about past enemies, talking bout how he's on another level, etc. I guess from that view it fits the BP mold but I just don't rock with everything on this joint cuz not all of it is good music. That's why I said he aint really do anything creative on this joint.

Well said...

Back
Top Bottom