* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

Originally Posted by EvansST

People are complaining about the titles of songs now?

laugh.gif
It's my favorite song on the album, I just think New York fits the song better than Empire State of Mind.

Originally Posted by onetwothreewick

laugh.gif
It's my favorite song on the album, I just think New York fits the song better than Empire State of Mind.
Chill he couldn't name it New York State Of Mind
laugh.gif
asgood as this song is he would've got flamed if this is what he names NYOM. Besides NY is the Empire State.

PPL complain about the title cuz I'm sure ppl were thinking of Nas NYOM pt. 1,2 & 3
laugh.gif
but I kept that out of my mind. It didn't help that Alicia was also onNas' 3rd NYOM either.

i appreciate people who recognize $#%* like master zik just did ... this is an obvious effort to remind people jay is a new yorker ... which is fine, except idont really care id rather good music ... i mean did he get the same chick from doin it to sing on that garbage venus v. mars? dude is not ll cool j

StaXX wrote:

laugh.gif
I told you, they look for the smallest things.

Hope neither of you were referring to me. I was just pointing out something about the title of the track, not complaining. If the name was"Doo Doo Stains & Boomerangs", it wouldn't change the quality of the track. Just something I noticed ...

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

i appreciate people who recognize $#%* like master zik just did ... this is an obvious effort to remind people jay is a new yorker ... which is fine, except i dont really care id rather good music ... i mean did he get the same chick from doin it to sing on that garbage venus v. mars? dude is not ll cool j
Oh @%+*
eek.gif
Venus vs. Mars does sound like an LL track
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by illfrozn

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

laugh.gif
I told you, they look for the smallest things.
Hope neither of you were referring to me. I was just pointing out something about the title of the track, not complaining. If the name was "Doo Doo Stains & Boomerangs", it wouldn't change the quality of the track. Just something I noticed ...

Naw, my post wasn't directed at anyone in particular.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Fantastic4our wrote:

Jay is Brett Favre status right now. BP3 is a throw into triple coverage.
QFT

Into the end zone for the TD to Bernard Berrian
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

And I think people are critiquing the album a tad bit too much.... it's not that deep. People will find anything to hate on. Just sit back shut the **+% upand enjoy the music damn
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by onetwothreewick

what the hell there's a part 3? LOL

smh.gif
at me for never hearing this
It was a bonus/unreleased track from Alicia Keys' second album

Alicia Keys featuring Nas and Rakim
Used the OG beat [or just the same sample in a similar way on purpose]

I believe it was left off due to Nas' controversial lyrics along the lines of:
"I feel like Saddam Hussein watching his burnt children's remains"
something like that

::

I was about to say. Wasn't that Alica Keys song and Nas just had a verse on it?

Anyway...I'm staying out of Jay threads from now on. N's sound like broken records now...on both sides.

album is solid.
haters gon' hate
fans gonna be fans.
stop cryin cause its not reasonable doubt 09
stop acting like its jays best work.

its jay being jay at the end of the day, @##%! a solid album and jay didn't disappoint.
there seems to be 2 different fans of music here and on other sites: the "man this @!+! isnt good cause his first album was his best" and the"ZOMG THIS IS JAYS MOST AMAZING WORK EVER!!!"

listen to it and enjoy it, rock to it, ride to it, but please... get all this hate out of your blood people...

and are people serious when they say jay is biting kanye and wayne? both of them got their styles and inspirations from jay... so is he really copying? or arethose two in the limelight so much nowadays that you've forgotten who's style it possibly was to begin with?

smh.gif

gonna be my only post in this thread. no arguments, just my opinion.

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

im on the practice field runnin two a days, so i dont drop the ball when its (insert a poor attempt at being lil wayne) my way ... ... ... ... ... not saying wayne is the first to do that *!%% to words when rapping but jay-z CAN NOT rap like that ... it just sounds awkward hes better than that ...

it's ironic that Wayne copied Jay's flow for the Carter and now Jay borrowed Wayne's flow for the third Blueprint.

If you look at the cover of this album it's the only Jay album I can think of that doesn't have his face on the cover. what does it have? a group ofinstruments "united" behind the Roc nation.

I think what Jay was trying to do was combine all the elements of the game as it is today and bring it all together. Thank You reminds me of Paris, Tokyo.....AStar is Born sounds like Game's Pain...Haters and Kanye's Workout Plan.......On To The Next One is Ask Dem Hos and other mixtape Weezy songs. Real asIt Gets might as well be Jeezy featuring Jay. Off That....shoulda just left that off. Nice concept for an album but the execution could have been better.

some of Ya'll are funny

anyways,

tell me why I was bumping Empire State of Mind and vibing on the freeway as i drove passed downtown LA
tired.gif
laugh.gif

track is flames though, Alicia killed it
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom