* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

Hope his Interview on Angie will flow better and won't drag the way Flex did it.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Originally Posted by KnowledgeTheFoundation

^Have you heard the hook by any chance?
Nah, I bought mines at Circuit City and it didn't have a hook

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by dakid23

NostrandAve68 wrote:
Very Good Tracks
Empire State Of Mind
A Star Is Born
Thank You
Already Home
On To The Next One

Good Tracks
Run This Town
D.O.A
Venus vs Mars

Decent
Real As It Gets
So Ambitious
Off That
What We Talkin' Bout

Weak Tracks
Hater
Young Forever
Reminder
Fixed
Fixed correctly

laugh.gif
@ This album being vintage Jay

Good idea...

Very Good Tracks
Empire State Of Mind
A Star Is Born
Thank You
Already Home
So Ambitious
Hater
Venus vs Mars

Good Tracks
Run This Town
D.O.A
On To The Next One
Real As It Gets
Reminder

Decent
Off That
What We Talkin' Bout
Young Forever

Weak Tracks
Young Forever (Depends on my mood... the song is Beach Chair slow though
ohwell.gif
)

I guess me and NT just listen to music differently. Cats complaining about hooks or saying this is KC2 just don't have the propper perspective IMO. Forstarters Kingdom Come was nice to me and about a couple million otherss (at least). It's big boy rap, and that's something that hasn't beeen doneeffectivly until Jay-Z got old enough to do it. Most rap fans today are about 20 years younger than him so it's kinda reasonable they'd like his olderstuff cuz it's closer to their age bracket, tax bracket, and mindset. Cats must want Jay to stop succeeding and stop being who he is, cause they swear theycan't relate. __s just mad cuz their pap-er....need to get it's **%+*+%*%!*!* weight up. Hold up, weight up... I ain't done. Are you guys ever going to grow up? Why do ya'll even wanna hear the oldJay? I honestly don't want to hear the 40 year old Jay rapping like the 27 year old Jay anymore. It's old. 13 years ago old. It's stale. Idon't wanna hear much of anybody in 2009 rrapping like it's 1996 unless it's Pimp C. __s need to bring some inovation to the MODERN rap game andstop living in the 90s, which is what Jay has done on SEVERAL BP3 tracks.

Originally Posted by LonelyBoySole

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Yall Ns be buggin wit that Kingdome come hate...

KP>>>BP 3...
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Empire State Of Mind alone overshadows KC's full body of work.

Nope...
Empire state of mind is dope as hell though...
but not really because of jay
ohwell.gif

Did cats peep the last verse on Thank You
sick.gif
eek.gif

I was gonna kill a couple rappers
But they did it to themselves
I was gon' do it with the flow
But they did it with their sales
I was gon' 9/11 'em, but they didn't need the help
And they did a good job them boys is talented as hell
Cuz not only did they brick they put a building up as well
They ran a plane into that building and when that building fell
Ran to the crash site with no masks and inhaled
Toxins deep inside their lungs until both of them was filled
Blew a cloud out like a L into a jar then took a smell
Cuz they heard that second hand smoke kills
N----as thought they was ill found out they was...eeewww
And it's like you knew exactly how I wanted you to feel
W-H-O-A

yall are so simple minded its laughable ... that is one of the most forced/simple verses jay has ever spit ... $*++ came out of nowhere on that track like hehad this verse written and was searching for a song to put it on ...

the whole premise of it is stupid ... jay was gonna ether some dudes? really? jay was gonna end some careers? really? o but its the sales that did it for him... HELLLLOOOOOO MOOOORRRRROOOOON its a recession ... nobody is selling like they used to ... $*++ made 0 sense ...

^Uh..sorry...ditto with What NostrandAve said... I made the
eek.gif
face, spewed a real loud OHHHHHHHH SHHHHHHHHH......!, and proceeded to TRIP on how he sewedthat verse together so visually. That verse is epic
grin.gif

... nobody is selling like they used to ...
Jay-Z is, and yet...rappers still try to diss him the wrong way. Nas did it best. PAc did it 2nd best.They went at the man himself. Too many cats try to go at the rapper whenthere is absolutely nothing you can say about the rapper Jay-Z. This __ Max B singing bout you gotta love the way they getting paper like Jay-Z ain't engaged to getting revenue.I don't get it...
ohwell.gif

that still doesnt change the fact that jay is always off some "i was gonna go at dude, but im above him" bull %%*$ ... jay isnt above anyone rightnow ... in his one serious battle he got flambayed ... im just tired of hearing the same %%*$ from him ... ok he had a metaphor and stuck with it for a verse,yiptie do ... still doesnt change the fact that the meaning of it made 0 sense ...

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

yall are so simple minded its laughable ... that is one of the most forced/simple verses jay has ever spit ... $*++ came out of nowhere on that track like he had this verse written and was searching for a song to put it on ...

the whole premise of it is stupid ... jay was gonna ether some dudes? really? jay was gonna end some careers? really? o but its the sales that did it for him ... HELLLLOOOOOO MOOOORRRRROOOOON its a recession ... nobody is selling like they used to ... $*++ made 0 sense ...

yo shut the @*#* up.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

yall are so simple minded its laughable ... that is one of the most forced/simple verses jay has ever spit ... $*++ came out of nowhere on that track like he had this verse written and was searching for a song to put it on ...

the whole premise of it is stupid ... jay was gonna ether some dudes? really? jay was gonna end some careers? really? o but its the sales that did it for him ... HELLLLOOOOOO MOOOORRRRROOOOON its a recession ... nobody is selling like they used to ... $*++ made 0 sense ...

Death panels right Marley??

I think Jay-z IS above most of his critics, but this is the internet so most people won't get it.Think about it, as NTers we put ourselves on an evenplaying field when we come up with anonymous screen names to argue behind. If you take away the screen names and the monikers though, how many of us wouldactually have the status it took to argue with Hovkid or Ben Baller and actually make a valid point about the things that REALLY matter?
I can't come at neither one's neck cuz they're winning. I'm not losing, but their "High score" is way past mine right now.

So yeah...certain cats...no, more specifically, certain rappers be tryna diss Jay, and at the end of the day itboils down to Jay-Z being not only more talented at rap (ya'll acting like he can't out rap these dudes...but it really ain't financially worth itat this point in his life), or more meaningful to rap historically, but he's also waaaaaaaay more successful at it. It's like DeShawn Stevenson callingLebron overrated, except Jay-Z's legacy is closer to Kobe's (if not Jordan's). Who cares what Deshawn has to say about Lebron
laugh.gif
. That's REALLIFE **@#, but because ya'll look at music like Vince McMahon looks at "rasslin", ya'll fail to see the big picture. Just cause dude'splay the same sport, that don't mean they're in the same league. They don't shoot at the same baskets, as he said on Already Home. Areya'll REALLY listening to this man? He's spitting real **@# left and right on that disk
grin.gif
. Dude is pushing 40 and pushing up on a billie.WHY...Lord WHY... would he waste money, time, resources, etc recording songs to argue with people 15 years younger than him when he can channel hisfocus, make another BP, and continue being successful? Why try to be "The Game" and fight off every hater?

I get what he's saying like what happened to fab. just the fact that he brought himself to t-pains level and let himself into something he didn't haveto messed him up.

you can see that 50 learned from his beef with cam, that making a clown out of somebody is way more powerful that trying to out rap them. But even with that helost face and just looks like a clown himself.

I feel like...

BP
RD
TBA
AG
Vol.1
BP3
Vol 2
KC
Vol 3
BP2

But then again, I listen to music the way I read books. I don't go line for line/sentence for sentence. I don't evaluate track for track/chapter bychapter. I digest the whole meal and evaluate it as a packaged deal. So some albums have higher highs, but may not come out as a better cohesive album to me(BP2) whereas others have lower lows but as a whole they are cohesive, directed, a channeled, and locked in on whatever is relevant at the time (KC, Vol3). Agood book starts with a great character, a dope setting, and an established tone. From there is rises and falls according to the plot. Jay delivers thatfeeling time and time again.
Dynasty (doesn't really count for me)

Originally Posted by Anita Millyin

How do some of you guys say

BP3>BP2

????????????????????

BP2 kills this issh on a every level.
BP2 sounds too random and all over the place for me. Good-Great songs for the most part. HORRIBLE album "feel" IMO.

I know music is subjective but damn I just can't see it.. BP3 imo is just a step below AG which was a great album... actually when i think about it the only reason I put BP3 below AG is because the production on BP3 is lacking when compared to AG. Im probably in the minority but i think AG is one of Hov's best produced albums.

Aside from the production on the first BP, I agree. The production was dummy on AG.

Back
Top Bottom