**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

I can not see how 10kt gold is any better than silver, but thats just me. Interesting to see a silver cuban... you guys acting like he said it was white gold or platinum :\

:smh:

This silver vs gold beef to getting ridiculous ...

da hell man...... ??!!??!! It's the Jewelry thread! End of story

I can not see how 10kt gold is any better than silver, but thats just me. Interesting to see a silver cuban... you guys acting like he said it was white gold or platinum
ohwell.gif
10k gold is not "Better" than silver but it is more valuable.

mean.gif

This silver vs gold beef to getting ridiculous ...

da hell man...... ??!!??!! It's the Jewelry thread! End of story
I don't think there's a beef. We gotta keep it interesting man there is only so many pics of Jesus pieces and Miami Cubans you can look at.

High Karat gold doesn't look good on white people like me, maybe that's the reason. 
well this all depends on what the undertones to your complexion are.  this gets to ayo territory for many an niketalk I'm sure but anyways it's all about weather you have a cool, warm  or neutral undertone to your complexion.  if it's cool then you're better of with white/grey jewels, if it's warm then you're better of with yellow gold and if it's neutral then either looks good.  I think that rose gold pretty much looks good on everyone, especially the darker toned rose gold pieces.  they have the most presence on any palate. 

I can not see how 10kt gold is any better than silver, but thats just me. Interesting to see a silver cuban... you guys acting like he said it was white gold or platinum
ohwell.gif
well if I wanted to actually get some $$$$ on a trade in/trade up with a jeweler I would take my 10k stuff before I would take some silver stuff I have.  now that gold seems to pretty much be permanently 1000 an oz I think that heavy pieces in 10k are here to stay.  

this is getting kinda weird though, I Remember a discourse a few months back with an outcome stating that 10k gold was completely unacceptable.  the prevailing sentiment here seems to say that silver is fine and actually superior because it's more fiscally responsible.  I'm not differentiating screen names here, just examining the group think 

Last edited:
The only real gold is 24k everything else has spoons and forks in it

you dudes out there hating on the folks with silver cubans should hate on yourself for wearing 10k,14k,18k because it has silverware mixed in

The only real gold is 24k everything else has spoons and forks in it

you dudes out there hating on the folks with silver cubans should hate on yourself for wearing 10k,14k,18k because it has silverware mixed in

:lol:

Word speaking the truth.

I didn't wanna go too far about the 10k, 14k and 18k but you hit it on the spot.

All ya'll got spoons and forks in your chain with paper clips. Hell outta here with that silver and fake gold.

24k or nothin

ohwell.gif
well if I wanted to actually get some $$$$ on a trade in/trade up with a jeweler I would take my 10k stuff before I would take some silver stuff I have.  now that gold seems to pretty much be permanently 1000 an oz I think that heavy pieces in 10k are here to stay.  

this is getting kinda weird though, I Remember a discourse a few months back with an outcome stating that 10k gold was completely unacceptable.  the prevailing sentiment here seems to say that silver is fine and actually superior because it's more fiscally responsible.  I'm not differentiating screen names here, just examining the group think 
10k gold is only unacceptable to NT clowns. People don't realize that alloy is put in gold to not only make it cheaper but to make it more durable which is important especially with men's jewelry. For a womans engagement ring i would def go with 18k though. 

Last edited:
Silver isn't for everybody... Me included.
BUT, I completely respect flip for staying in his own lane, and purchasing what he was comfortable buying.
That silver setup looks like a few hundred grams easily. He could have bought a small gold chain if he wanted one, but i think he wanted a big set up, that was cost friendly. At least he said it was silver, and didn't try and pass it off as gold.

Lol, basically. I always laugh when the reoccurring 10k gold conversation pops up again. Funny part is, the people that go the hardest have never contributed any pictures of their own jewelry in this thread.Since silver sucks so bad post of some of your own personal collection? For the most part I only wear 22k/24k, but there is no way I would buy a ring in anything above 14k. I have a baht ring in the safe deposit box that is so bent up it cannot be worn anymore.

10k gold is not "Better" than silver but it is more valuable.

OK... my point is, I don't think someone wearing 10kt gold can "clown" someone wearing silver because they are both going cheap and budgeting

well this all depends on what the undertones to your complexion are.  this gets to ayo territory for many an niketalk I'm sure but anyways it's all about weather you have a cool, warm  or neutral undertone to your complexion.  if it's cool then you're better of with white/grey jewels, if it's warm then you're better of with yellow gold and if it's neutral then either looks good.  I think that rose gold pretty much looks good on everyone, especially the darker toned rose gold pieces.  they have the most presence on any palate. 

Yea if you want to trade in your 10kt gold, then you may get more for it, however, the price you originally paid for the piece and the trade in value won't be that steep. I would go as far as to argue that the net difference wouldn't be much more (percentage wise) than what you'd get with a silver cuban...

10k gold is only unacceptable to NT clowns. People don't realize that alloy is put in gold to not only make it cheaper but to make it more durable which is important especially with men's jewelry. For a womans engagement ring i would def go with 18k though. 

I can only speak for people I know. 10kt gold is often mall jewelry type stuff... or huge hollow pieces (just not my style personally)... Also most watches use 18kt and a lot of people are funny about it all matching. Less than 14kt just seems childish to me, but by y'all logic 8kt gold is technically more valuable... so I guess someone rocking 8kt gold can laugh at a dude with a silver cuban... bottom line, its all childish, wear what u want to wear. But it seems silly for someone rocking 10kt gold to be on some high horse. FOH

Silver isn't for everybody... Me included.
BUT, I completely respect flip for staying in his own lane, and purchasing what he was comfortable buying.
That silver setup looks like a few hundred grams easily. He could have bought a small gold chain if he wanted one, but i think he wanted a big set up, that was cost friendly. At least he said it was silver, and didn't try and pass it off as gold.

Thanks man, The 7mm is 103 grams, the 5mm is 50 grams, and the 11mm bracelet is 50 grams. And ya i have smaller chains already and wanted something a tad bigger. At least i didnt get like a 12mm where it would look gaudy lol.

Yea if you want to trade in your 10kt gold, then you may get more for it, however, the price you originally paid for the piece and the trade in value won't be that steep. I would go as far as to argue that the net difference wouldn't be much more (percentage wise) than what you'd get with a silver cuban...
I can only speak for people I know. 10kt gold is often mall jewelry type stuff... or huge hollow pieces (just not my style personally)... Also most watches use 18kt and a lot of people are funny about it all matching. Less than 14kt just seems childish to me, but by y'all logic 8kt gold is technically more valuable... so I guess someone rocking 8kt gold can laugh at a dude with a silver cuban... bottom line, its all childish, wear what u want to wear. But it seems silly for someone rocking 10kt gold to be on some high horse. FOH
Actually i'm one of the dudes standing up for silver. But as far as price goes silver is sitting at $0.50/gram while 10k gold is at $15/gram so actually the difference is pretty big. But you can't compare the two and 10k, 14k or 18k is not "better" than silver. Like i said different countries have more available in certain karats. You cant just walk into a jewelry store and they have every pendant, ring, bracelet and chain in 10k, 14k, 18k. I would rather buy the exact design i wanted in if it only came in 10k than a design that was my second or third choice that only came in 14k. Not everyone has a jewelry district in their city to have a huge selection. Here in Canada 10k gold is everywhere and 14k is hard to find in men's jewelry that's why sometimes i buy jewelry online (Plus the better price). In the UK it's 9k gold that's everywhere and in the US it's 14k.

A perfect example is the 10k Madonna pendant i just bought. I have been looking for a pendant like this for about a year on ebay. It is very hard to find in 24mm wide. They are made in Italy and can mostly be found used on ebay but usually in small sizes. I found one the other day in 10k and i bought it. I would have bought it in any karat because i like the design. 

Lol, basically. I always laugh when the reoccurring 10k gold conversation pops up again. Funny part is, the people that go the hardest have never contributed any pictures of their own jewelry in this thread. Since silver sucks so bad post of some of your own personal collection? For the most part I only wear 22k/24k, but there is no way I would buy a ring in anything above 14k. I have a baht ring in the safe deposit box that is so bent up it cannot be worn anymore.
True. Here's my stuff.

10k Ring is 16g 

14k Onyx ring is 11g. 

14k St. Christopher chain is 5mm & 33g

14k St. Michael chain is 3mm & 12.5g

10k Madonna medal is 6.5g

Last edited:
Lol, basically. I always laugh when the reoccurring 10k gold conversation pops up again. Funny part is, the people that go the hardest have never contributed any pictures of their own jewelry in this thread. Since silver sucks so bad post of some of your own personal collection? For the most part I only wear 22k/24k, but there is no way I would buy a ring in anything above 14k. I have a baht ring in the safe deposit box that is so bent up it cannot be worn anymore.

My first contribution, even tho i lurk heavy, and don't really post much.

30 inches, right under 120 grams. 14k
I have no idea what the MM is to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom