**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Why would you wear 24k gold?

14-18k is optimal for durability while containing a good percentage of pure gold.

To stunt, why else? Lol, seriously, I'm brown skinned and it almost glows on me. I have a gold coin set up and you could clearly see the difference between the krugerrand pieces and the 14k Cuban bracelet I had before I got the current 18k one from Rey.

The other thing, if I ever have to sell, you can't talk that scrap talk to me.

I don't see why you would wear 24k in anything that isn't a pendant/enclosed.

Especially if you're going heavy/large. That thing will look horrible after some wear and tear.

But to each his own, of course. This is just my opinion.

My chain and pendant are both pure and both are pristine. Together they are around130 grams and I would say it's on the big side.

Ring is in a 14k border but the coin is pure and it looks like the day I bought it.

My Cuban set up was originally purchased around 92 or so by my dad. I got it in 1998 and it looks pretty bad compared to my coin set up. I get it polished once a year but you can clearly see scratches/divits etc after a few months.

I would never purchase a ring in 22/24k but chains and pendants are fine in higher karat content.

I don't even care if my jewelry gets scratched because it gives it some character. Plus if you're always getting your stuff polished it's taking away gold every time and thinning out your piece. I think if i were to get a coin type charm or ring i would make sure it's like an american eagle or peso because they're 22k and that 2k of alloy makes a big difference. I could never wear a high karat chain because i often fall asleep with my chain on and over time i'm sure that would bend it up.

I think that's a 7mm but it look bigger I got a 32" and its 165 grams and its 8.5 mm
My first contribution, even tho i lurk heavy, and don't really post much.

30 inches, right under 120 grams. 14k
I have no idea what the MM is to be honest.

I don't even care if my jewelry gets scratched because it gives it some character. Plus if you're always getting your stuff polished it's taking away gold every time and thinning out your piece. I think if i were to get a coin type charm or ring i would make sure it's like an american eagle or peso because they're 22k and that 2k of alloy makes a big difference. I could never wear a high karat chain because i often fall asleep with my chain on and over time i'm sure that would bend it up.

Yes and no. My Cuban and pendant was 251 grams when I got it and it's 251 grams now and I get it polished once a year. Polishing gold does not necessarily equal putting it on a grinder. That rouge and elbow grease go a long way.

My solid gold stuff NEVER gets polished. I wear them every day. I also wear a very light link and diamond cross with my coin piece and I see no difference than when I first got it.

My thought process when I decided I was only going to rock with 22k+ was resale value. If I ever get into a tough spot, your not going to buy my stuff for scrap, period.

I am an advocate for higher karat weight but I also appreciate some of the silver chains I see from time to time.

What if his budget is just silver? That's like me making 50k a year and buying a volkswagon and you telling me save up more and buy a benz. NO!!!!! why buy a car that costs more than your salary?  It'll be stupid for some people to save up to buy a 10,000.00 set up but only make a certain amount of money per year. Why not go with what you can afford and what fits your lifestyle. You buy what you can afford and whats in your budget not save so you can buy the more expensive set up so people like you and other idiots in this thread can applaud us. I think that's called being hood rich. You're the type of person to win the lotto and go broke in a year trying to keep up with the jones's. The dude said he bought silver and didn't fake stunt on anyone, so let the man be. You sound like the type of guy to have every pair of jordans but have a old *** car or even no car at all. 
Well first off its stupid to me maybe because ima busniess dude lets just say for say its like me lending U money out U lose either way I WIN EITHER WAY so you take that silver which is worth nothing or buy something that will only go UP IN VALUE hmm i dunno its pretty simple for me even i f dont have the bread i wouldnt wear nothin till i get dat money straight double could bought a little nice chill 14k chill mini setup instead of that throwaway silver ish but if you like losing money all the more power to you if he likes it then cool

The only real gold is 24k everything else has spoons and forks in it

you dudes out there hating on the folks with silver cubans should hate on yourself for wearing 10k,14k,18k because it has silverware mixed in
yea but 24k is wayyy too soft to wear dats why dudes wear 14k 18k

What if his budget is just silver? That's like me making 50k a year and buying a volkswagon and you telling me save up more and buy a benz. NO!!!!! why buy a car that costs more than your salary?  It'll be stupid for some people to save up to buy a 10,000.00 set up but only make a certain amount of money per year. Why not go with what you can afford and what fits your lifestyle. You buy what you can afford and whats in your budget not save so you can buy the more expensive set up so people like you and other idiots in this thread can applaud us. I think that's called being hood rich. You're the type of person to win the lotto and go broke in a year trying to keep up with the jones's. The dude said he bought silver and didn't fake stunt on anyone, so let the man be. You sound like the type of guy to have every pair of jordans but have a old *** car or even no car at all. 

Well first off its stupid to me maybe because ima busniess dude lets just say for say its like me lending U money out U lose either way I WIN EITHER WAY so you take that silver which is worth nothing or buy something that will only go UP IN VALUE hmm i dunno its pretty simple for me even i f dont have the bread i wouldnt wear nothin till i get dat money straight double could bought a little nice chill 14k chill mini setup instead of that throwaway silver ish but if you like losing money all the more power to you if he likes it then cool
still taking a risk with gold. true, it might and probably will go up in value, but what if it doesn't? also, what if you lose it? Even if you wanted to invest in something, you should only be investing a certain percentage of your income not all. But hey, to each is own. I'm no ones father to be telling them what to do with their money and I don't think we should scold someone who bought his first piece of nice jewelry in silver. 

You could say the same thing of buying diamond jewelry. Diamonds resale value is abysmal.

You'd probably "lose" more money purchasing diamond jewelry than silver jewelry.

Last edited:
You lost me at "ima busniess dude" . Your grammar matches your attitude. 

@theconnect I'm just now looking at the SNs of who posted
laugh.gif
For real, I am a Director of performance management at a BPO.  Basically, we in-source, outsource, onshore and offshore business processes and functions.  

HR , payroll, back office prescription processing, IT (troubleshooting and infrastructure), retail order processing, logistics and a few of the areas we focus on.  

In a nutshell, there are a ton of fortune 1000 companies that would rather not do their own work and pay someone else 85-90% of what it would cost to do it in house.  

We (the company I work for and have an interest in) are perfectly fine with +23% EBITDA and a very very very nice spread.  

Im the stupid black guy that manages all the really smart fair skinned folks.  LOL

What yall do for a living that you're wearing 110g chains daily lol

Work with windmill turbines, and even tho I get paid pretty good... I put my chain on a payment plan for about a 11 months. NT was clownin me for it too. Lol. Saying that if I couldn't outright buy it, I shouldn't own jewelry period. But I just didn't want to spend 5k at once on a chain... I paid off most of it, and then financed the difference that was left in the last 3 months. (90 day same as cash) so I built my credit a bit, and paid 0% interest on the tab.

Jeweler that I deal with called me today and said he had this waiting on me.  He started at 3500 and at the end of the conversation it was 2200 out the door.  I put a deposite down on it so he could hold it and I could come home and do some research. 

I found the exact same one at the link below for 11000????

https://omijewelry.com/men-s-white-gold-diamond-pendant

Anyone familiar with the Jesus?  Is this a good deal? Specs are below.

60.06 grams, 9.9ct Vs2-SI1.

Jeweler that I deal with called me today and said he had this waiting on me.  He started at 3500 and at the end of the conversation it was 2200 out the door.  I put a deposite down on it so he could hold it and I could come home and do some research. 

I found the exact same one at the link below for 11000????

https://omijewelry.com/men-s-white-gold-diamond-pendant

Anyone familiar with the Jesus?  Is this a good deal? Specs are below.

60.06 grams, 9.9ct Vs2-SI1.

you trippin if you think that one in the link and in the pics is the same.

Back
Top Bottom