**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

I talked to Rey n norma they since its hand made. Nothing will be perfect. I ain't tripping. The pit hole won't get bigger or nothing will it?

Def not the service I was expecting out of Rey. It wasn't your fault the porosity happened, dude should've immediately offered either another or refund of some kind. That's just bad business. Not checking for them anymore I'm glad you posted this.

Last edited:
Didn't meant to turn away potential customers for reys. Their Cubans are the cheapest and tightest around for its price. You'd be lucky to find someone at a better price.

november-13-1989-sports-illustrated-cover-football-and-baseball-of-picture-id119839566

Whats up NT fam. Been years since Ive been on here! Loving this thread so much I had to recover my account and post.

Ive been shopping for a Cuban Link lately and have read all the recommendations in this thread.

A couple questions for you experts

Any luck with CRM Jewelers in miami? I learned a bunch regarding cuban links from their youtube video here (). Originally, I wanted to order from them until I found Daniels. But then I read this thread and am considering Reys. :rofl:

I spoke with Rey today, very friendly and very informative. He mentioned his 18k is more of a reddish tone compared to other jewelers. I like that pure 18k yellow color, I find it a nice balance. This reddish color he speaks of concerns me, as I have other 18k pieces (watch and ring), and it would be great if it was similar in color. Can anyone with 18k Cuban links from Rey's provide some insight on the color, and how it's fared over time? He mentioned that they electroplate with a light gold finish to brighten it up, but it's not nearly as fake and "gold" looking as other jewelers. However, once that wears off, it will a little darker and more red than I might be looking for. I plan on keeping this one for years so its a factor for me.

Looking to cop at 18k 6-6.5mm Cuban. Anyone know what the fair going rate should be per gram?

Cheers

PS I attached my 18k yellow gold/diamond ring + my 18k 3695.50.31 Speedmaster on alligator (grail piece for me, finally found and bought one after 7 years). Also, my 3mm 14k solid franco (gonna sell for cuban link)

30shs3s.jpg

2nlxsom.jpg

11w3pg6.jpg

30d84cg.jpg

i want that john mayer jesus.

there better deals to be had that IF and Co?

dont care about the VVS diamonds or whatever, just want it solid gold.

I wanna say John Mayer said that Jesus piece was $800? Tad pricey in my opinion lol. I think Flawless has a similar sized Jesus piece called the Pico for $400. No chain included in the Flawless pricing though

I wanna say John Mayer said that Jesus piece was $800? Tad pricey in my opinion lol. I think Flawless has a similar sized Jesus piece called the Pico for $400. No chain included in the Flawless pricing though

the flawless one is too small. 1/2" compared to the IF one which is a whole 1". lol.

the whole piece is $800 for 14K from IF. pretty sure when Mayer was talking about the chain, he was talking about all of it.

You don't need a loop to see that hole. It's clear as day and not only is it a hole, it looks to go through making the link look hollow. For a solid link with a hole I'd expect to see some metal underneath, not just emptyness. That's just my opinion.

Plus they claim to be the best in town so I'd expect no holes or chunks of missing gold

Last edited:
goldenmine.com having a 20% off sale right now with code: HRTMOMS1

I think it ends on May 2nd.

wat are yous all who don't see nothin use to view niketalk?  my ocd isn't even that good and neither is my eyesight really but I saw the flaws being discussed just fine on a 3.5 year old windows phone and a bush administration era Samsung monitor with 1280x960 resolution I think.  I've wondered about all these so called hand made cuban links, if they're all consistently good.  Seems like I always heard that all the truly great chains came from Italy and are machine made I guess but that was like 12-18 years ago.  

That length is dope lookin like big papi or something

The 20"-23" length is underrated. Longer than choker but cant fit over your head length

id prefer 24-26 I feel like 23 and under is cutting it close but to each its own

For me it depends. If I have a 1 inch pendant, I want a 22-24 inch chain, if I have a 3 inch or bigger pendant, I want a 26-28 inch chain.

With no pendant I want a 30 inch chain.

Pendant makes the chain hang lower.

Y'all gotta remember I'm only 5" tall lol I have another chain with a pendent 16" . My 22" is same as you tall guys 24-28"

I'll probably get another chunkier Cuban may 12-14mm idk if I should go 18-20" or same 22".

Last edited:
Anyone have a rope?
I'm about to cop a rope to put one of my pendants on, but I need some help in figuring out size.

How's a 2.5mm look on y'all?

Works every time-

Im having trouble seeing the spot in all the pics

I should get a loupe an look at mine

I can tell you one of my daniels has width inconsistency

@futurehendrix happened to mine with daniels, he told me since they're solid I had nothing to worry about in regards to snapping, etc. I still sent it back for peace of mine, he fixed it and sent it back for free. I had inconsistencies as well, one was barely the correct mm and another was wider by .5 couldn't complain tho.

Back
Top Bottom