**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Exchange that asap. Doesn’t even look 10k
It’s a dub, he pointed to the sign that said no refunds or exchanges. It is what it is, he said that’s the way color his gold is and that I can dip them if I want it to all match, thoughts on that? Sounds crazy to me.

Dip it in what? I've heard of people rhodium plating YG, which is a waste of money as it wears off easily... but never "dipping" something to make it a different shade of yellow.

So my friend has a bust down Cuban and a memory pendant on lawaway at king Johnny. I noticed y’all talking about gold dipped recently. Any way for him to get a discount on his chain

So my friend has a bust down Cuban and a memory pendant on lawaway at king Johnny. I noticed y’all talking about gold dipped recently. Any way for him to get a discount on his chain

Nope. They would have quoted him a price, based on whatever gold was trading at, when he put his stuff on layaway.

I've never put jewelry on layaway but I dont think any jeweler would honor the current dropped price in gold. Just like if it went up, they cant charge you more because 2 months went by before your chain was finished.

Here's a question: how/when are these jewelers buying gold?

Obviously the gold price is constantly fluctuating and they're honoring the current day trade price, and that's up against x amount of gold they're sitting on that they bought at x amount of dollars.

Just curious how it works, with gold dropping recently and shops honoring that price.. how does it work if they bought it a few weeks/months ago?

You weren’t wearing your current stuff at the time to match what you were buying?
Only had the memory piece on my & didn’t even think about matching or anything, it being 14k I guess I thought it would automatically be the same. It’s all good, I’ll just get the Cuban from them so at least the two chains will match. I only wear the bracelet 1-2 times a year anyway and it kinda matches the 18k on the Rollie🤷🏾‍♂️

Only had the memory piece on my & didn’t even think about matching or anything, it being 14k I guess I thought it would automatically be the same. It’s all good, I’ll just get the Cuban from them so at least the two chains will match. I only wear the bracelet 1-2 times a year anyway and it kinda matches the 18k on the Rollie🤷🏾‍♂️

😆 🤣 My man definitely has fist world problems respect my G.

Sent the chain back to IF since my girl bought the wrong length, didn’t send the pendant. It hasn’t updated in days, I’m shook smh

Not my chain, just a pic Leons sent me in December
IMG_24031.jpg

Sent the chain back to IF since my girl bought the wrong length, didn’t send the pendant. It hasn’t updated in days, I’m shook smh

Did you insure it?

Tracking still been spotty as hell, even with the Christmas rush being over.

Bought a 14k 4mm rope from Leon’s yesterday, not sure if I’m feeling it, it’s darker than all my other 14k pieces...probably can’t tell in the picture but it’s noticeable in person, like it has too much copper or something. Might try and return today, I wanted to get my Cuban from there too, but if it’s gonna be darker I might have to go elsewhere.
D523EA80-2AF2-4C77-A326-25982FE6EF38.jpeg
I know what you mean my bracelet from him is different than my chain from Limaxi almost has a rose gold hue to it, I don’t mind it though. If I was layering a chain that would be a different story.

😆 🤣 My man definitely has fist world problems respect my G.
Haha facts, respect bro. 10 years ago I probably woulda threatened to drop a refrigerator (double door joint) off a roof on em if I ain’t get my money back 😅 In the grand scheme of things it ain’t that big of a deal.
Idk but my chain will be here today - ill let you know if they finessed me with the tumbleweed hue
Post pics with other 14k pieces of you have/can.

Bought a 14k 4mm rope from Leon’s yesterday, not sure if I’m feeling it, it’s darker than all my other 14k pieces...probably can’t tell in the picture but it’s noticeable in person, like it has too much copper or something. Might try and return today, I wanted to get my Cuban from there too, but if it’s gonna be darker I might have to go elsewhere.
D523EA80-2AF2-4C77-A326-25982FE6EF38.jpeg
What are the specs on the rope chain? What did you pay?

I know what you mean my bracelet from him is different than my chain from Limaxi almost has a rose gold hue to it, I don’t mind it though. If I was layering a chain that would be a different story.
Yeah exactly, good thing for me the rope is a replacement for the 10k free chain, I’ll never wear that again. AND my boy is buying my 7mm Cuban from me.

Not my chain, just a pic Leons sent me in December
IMG_24031.jpg

Did you insure it?

Tracking still been spotty as hell, even with the Christmas rush being over.

no, never had an issue sending **** out. now the one time I send something for an exchange it doesn't update. It never showed any scans other than in transit. It was in an envelope priority mail.

SMH, hope it shows up. im an idiot either way

Back
Top Bottom