THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Da kobe 5s are definitely the GOAT. But I'm predicting da 9s will give them a run for their money :pimp:

for me, the 6's aren't made in a sz available for the best fit. Go up and they slip off, go down and they're too small. They're comfortable but I literally can't play in them :smh:

Vs would be my top pick too. They had the best lockdown for my foot, and I loved the court feel. Only things I would change about that shoe would be to have herringbone and make the upper more durable long term. Other than that it's a perfect shoe for me. I really liked the IVs too, but lunar cushioning for long term use just isn't great, same with the 8s. I also just like zoom better for the responsiveness. VIs were nice too, liked how they had slightly more cushioning than the Vs (lost a bit of court feel though), but I never got a great lockdown fit in that shoe.

I'm kinda curious what they do with the lunar cushioning in the 9s. I'm not sure what other directions they can go with it, but I hope it's something new/updated.

Last edited:
The 6s were a little raised in the heel and I had slippage at first until I broke them in completely, but after that it was insane.

2s could of been the goats if it wasn't for the firm heel collar digging into my Achilles. The strength version were court monsters and WAY ahead of their time. Having that plush collar was an absolute gem.

QFT...I def agree with 2s...Amazing on court except that damn heel collar smfh....

I'm so angry these were debuted so early :smh:

Wish they would of just announced the prelude pack then shocked the world with the 9 :smh:

Come on now, you know you would have gone stir crazy waiting for details. :lol:

It doesn't really make a difference, they'll be here soon. Just wait on it :pimp:

I'd say 5 > 6 > 8 > 4 as far as the best of the best for the Kobe line. If they could couple forefoot and heel zoom with a lunar insole I think it would be amazing, except the middle area would have to be more of a dense lunarlon. The LeBron XI setup is PERFECT for me, and as the lunar "bottoms out" on that, it makes the zoom more enjoyable with each wear. I can't go back to the 8's after playing regularly in the LBXIs.

Hopefully they have a more dense lunarlon in the 9 or some type of response to the bottoming out....

Last edited:
They should have just released a 9 at Christmas and then they could of waited until Feb for all I care.

Having the 8 for two Christmases is utterly stupid and Nike dropped the ball on that one IMO. Drop the 9 at Christmas end the 8s and lets move on.

They should have just released a 9 at Christmas and then they could of waited until Feb for all I care.

Having the 8 for two Christmases is utterly stupid and Nike dropped the ball on that one IMO. Drop the 9 at Christmas end the 8s and lets move on.
I really wanted a pair of 9s for when I go back to school. 
laugh.gif

Now I need to wait. 

Can't eem lie the ss are def dope but STILL!

They could of done those on Black Friday :lol:

Or made them the preludes :wow:

Only 5 CWs and limited on top of that. These will be one of the most sought after kicks of 2014. Let the games begin.

Only 5 CWs and limited on top of that. These will be one of the most sought after kicks of 2014. Let the games begin.

It will be interesting to see if it is.

As we've seen with the XX8, limited availability along with innovation does not always mean sought after.

It will be interesting to see if it is.

As we've seen with the XX8, limited availability along with innovation does not always mean sought after.
I agree. However after the 23 I don't know if Js are as sought after. Add that to the fact these are a better looking shoe (IMO) along with the Kobe hype generated by the prelude. I hope these are obtainable without jumping through hoops but I'm preparing for the worst.

The second the shoe went from being the 2013 to the XX8 there was immediate buzz. Not the same as the 9, but still.

i just gotta see these in person before i think about copping...i havent seen the right on foot pic to decide

Back
Top Bottom