THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I don't understand what the issue is with how someone where's their shoes. The majority of "basketball" shoes sold aren't for basketball.
This pics pretty much sums up what buying basketball shoes has become. Jeggings, snap back, for show glasses, and a pencil thin dude. Hilarious
It's the style of today for the youth. You can't expect people to dress like the 90s in 2013.

what do you mean majority of "basketball" shoes aren't sold for basketball?

I don't understand what the issue is with how someone where's their shoes. The majority of "basketball" shoes sold aren't for basketball.
It's the style of today for the youth. You can't expect people to dress like the 90s in 2013.
There isn't an issue, just my opinion. And so what if it's the trend? I have to like it too? Lol naw. Again, all just my opinion. Y'all don't like it, tuff

NBA players don't buy BBall shoes. Nor do collages. The vast majority of BBall shoes sold are for casual. I don't have numbers but common sense. All these lines, hype and murders for shoes aren't because people wanna play ball in them. This I don't think is even debatable. I've gone through the public school system and not once has ANYONE I know or have been associated with in my 30 years bought a pair of shoes just for ball. Not one time. Resellers aren't buying shoes for ball. Hype beast aren't buying shoes for ball. People who pay resell aren't buying them for ball. 99% of the time.

Last edited:
a sig line shoe of a player that's currently in the NBA is absolutely made to be played in 
laugh.gif

most casual non "sneakerheads" buy these shoes because they are made out to be the latest and greatest shoes to play basketball in

i have never gotten a pair of kobes not for the sole intention of balling in them, and when i get new shoes to bump the old kobes out of rotation then ill wear them casually or as beaters

NBA players don't buy BBall shoes. Nor do collages. The vast majority of BBall shoes sold are for casual. I don't have numbers but common sense. All these lines, hype and murders for shoes aren't because people wanna play ball in them. This I don't think is even debatable. I've gone through the public school system and not once has ANYONE I know or have been associated with in my 30 years bought a pair of shoes just for ball. Not one time. Resellers aren't buying shoes for ball. Hype beast aren't buying shoes for ball. People who pay resell aren't buying them for ball. 99% of the time.
Lol, that's what you come back with? What about all the hyperdunks, hyper fuse, and all the other shoes that get sold? What about all the people in china that ball, what about people who DO play the shoes and wears them casually? You've named of 3 minority's in the shoe buying industry. Because the people you've associated with don't ball it's no longer debatable? You go to the school for the deaf and blind? Not one person balls in the entire school? Not one? Lol, STOP IT

Last edited:
a sig line shoe of a player that's currently in the NBA is absolutely made to be played in :lol:

most casual non "sneakerheads" buy these shoes because they are made out to be the latest and greatest shoes to play basketball in

i have never gotten a pair of kobes not for the sole intention of balling in them, and when i get new shoes to bump the old kobes out of rotation then ill wear them casually or as beaters
Read before you jump out there champ. I'm not talking about what their made for but why their selling. NBA Players don't pay for their shoes. I'm talking about your average shoe head. Go take a look in WDYWT thread and show me how many pics are on a court. Tech doesn't sell shoes, looks do. If it was about the tech then how are retros from the 90s selling today with outdated tech? Bottom line is shoes are sold more for casual than for basketball purposes.

most people only take pictures of their shoes at home or before the leave the house

i would laugh my *** off if i ever saw someone taking a picture of their shoes between pickup games 
roll.gif

So to get this strait. You guys actually believe the hype era where in is driven by people who wanna ball in their shoes as opposed to wearing them casually? If that was the case retros would be sitting all over the country. Tech doesn't sell shoes, looks do.

So to get this strait. You guys actually believe the hype era where in is driven by people who wanna ball in their shoes as opposed to wearing them casually? If that was the case retros would be sitting all over the country. Tech doesn't sell shoes, looks do.

Let me get this strait, you've based your evidence that people don't buy basketball shoes to play basketball on the wdywt thread, your friends, and NBA basketball players.... Lol

"Hype shoes", don't make up the majority of shoes bought, and even then, it isn't a fact that nobody balls in said shoes.

i honestly dont know anyone who has ever owned a kobe/lebron shoe without playing ball in them

does that mean that no one has ever bought a pair for causal use only 
nerd.gif

Lol, that's what you come back with? What about all the hyperdunks, hyper fuse, and all the other shoes that get sold? What about all the people in china that ball, what about people who DO play the shoes and wears them casually? You've named of 3 minority's in the shoe buying industry. Because the people you've associated with don't ball it's no longer debatable? You go to the school for the deaf and blind? Not one person balls in the entire school? Not one? Lol, STOP IT
Yeah people ball but that doesn't mean they buy their shoes for that purpose. Most leagues or teams are sponsored. Their shoes are given to them in exchange for the advertising they receive by the players wearing their products. Your average guy lined up for a shoe is buying them casually. Theirs more non basketball players on Earth than actual players. You guys believe the players make up the majority of Nikes bottom line. Laughable.

Yeah people ball but that doesn't mean they buy their shoes for that purpose. Most leagues or teams are sponsored. Their shoes are given to them in exchange for the advertising they receive by the players wearing their products. Your average guy lined up for a shoe is buying them casually. Theirs more non basketball players on Earth than actual players. You guys believe the players make up the majority of Nikes bottom line. Laughable.

Now you're twisting the argument. Nobody said more people on earth ball then don't. You said most people buy basketball shoes not to play basketball in at all. You're wrong. And what teams are you talking about being sponsored by nike? Lol all highschool teams? YMCA teams? Rec teams? Dudes in the NBA still by their own shoes. Some don't but that not ALL now is it.

God, everyone just shut the hell up!

:lol:

I mean seriously, you guys making up too many rules to wear these shoes.

The original argument was about the average joe. The people who line up in the morning. The ones who TLO so on and so forth. Their not buying shoes for ball. Retro Js don't sellout for ball. The prelude pack isn't selling out for ball. Foamposites aren't selling out for ball. This isn't debatable. You bought up Hyperdunks and all that. Shoes I can right now walk in any store and buy. That wasn't what I was talking about originally.

The original argument was about the average joe. The people who line up in the morning. The ones who TLO so on and so forth. Their not buying shoes for ball. Retro Js don't sellout for ball. The prelude pack isn't selling out for ball. Foamposites aren't selling out for ball. This isn't debatable. You bought up Hyperdunks and all that. Shoes I can right now walk in any store and buy. That wasn't what I was talking about originally.
no

you said , "The majority of "basketball" shoes sold aren't for basketball."

youre wrong

Basketball player are the minority when compared to world population

Basketball players are the majority when compared to people who buy basketball shoes

Theres a difference

Basketball player are the minority when compared to world population

Basketball players are the majority when compared to people who buy basketball shoes

Theres a difference
You couldn't be more wrong. Think about what you just said champ. Let's say for the sake of the discussion theirs 1 billion people who play ball seriously. You think they spend more on BBall shoes than the rest of the 6 billon combined? Keep in mind it's far less than a billion players on the planet in reality but I was being nice. Off numbers alone your argument makes no sense.

no

you said , "The majority of "basketball" shoes sold aren't for basketball."

youre wrong
[/quote] I'm absolutely right. I don't need numbers to prove this. Theirs less ball players on earth than people. You act like the only people who buy basketball shoes are players. Most people who buy these shoes don't play ball. What planet do you live on where you don't see non ball players wearing basketball shoes? How are you even debating this. It's common sense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom