THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Not that two cents is needed for this argument but...

It is ridiculous to think that people who play ball are what's keeping the Nike Basketball brand alive.

I can't tell you how many 300 pound dudes I see on a daily basis wearing Lebrons, Hyperposites and Jordan's.

Go to any sneakercon type event or flight club any day of the week and see who's buying these popular shoes, it's not hoopers.

That's like assuming runners are the only ones buying running shoes or skaters are keeping the SB line alive.

It's just simply not true, no matter what area of the country you live in.
Thank you. Finally a voice of reason. That's the point I've been trying to make. We'll said.

Last edited:
you do know that a majority of people who buy nike basketball shoes have no idea sneakercons even exist right?

going to a sneaker convention where only shoe collectors attend and assuming its an accurate representation of the total population is like going to korea town LA and concluding that 90% of all americans are korean
Where have you been that anyone else hasn't that proves players make up the majority of sells?

Lol the group of people you're talking about are a minority among the market. Let's talk about international where "hype" isn't even really a factor and Jordan's and such sit, literally. Places like china where the population eclipses the US. The amount of people who buy ball shoes to ball in, in that region, alone deads your argument. I've been overseas there a bunch of time and yes, outdoor basketball there is a big deal

Your assuming non players who buy basketball shoes in other countries other than China don't exist. This started talking about the dude in the picture. I originally wasn't talking world wide. blastercombo blastercombo are you now saying the US is thriving off the back of the non ballers? If so you agreed with me from the jump and just wanted to be heard. When I said more people are buying not to ball in. I wasn't talking about CHINA! Lol

you do know that a majority of people who buy nike basketball shoes have no idea sneakercons even exist right?

going to a sneaker convention where only shoe collectors attend and assuming its an accurate representation of the total population is like going to korea town LA and concluding that 90% of all americans are korean
Where have you been that anyone else hasn't that proves players make up the majority of sells?
i just spent 3-4 hours walking around malls and supermarkets this morning and didnt see a single person wearing basketball shoes

went to the gym to ball last week and pretty much everyone there was wearing nike basketball shoes

its like this for most places in the world

Don't be ridiculous.

You based your entire response around one aspect of my statement and ignored the rest.

Certainly you understand that the assumption of Nike Basketball surviving on support from hoopers alone lacks logic.

There wouldn't be a sneaker culture, community or fascination if it weren't for casual use of the products.

i just spent 3-4 hours walking around malls and supermarkets this morning and didnt see a single person wearing basketball shoes

went to the gym to ball last week and pretty much everyone there was wearing nike basketball shoes

Where do you live?

Where do you live?
canada and china, see the same thing in LA, SD, south east asia and europe 

you guys are living in a bubble 

Of course your gonna see basketball shoes on the court! Lls. Who are you guys? Dude come to Washington DC, Baltimore MD, New York City and go to some the spots out their. No wonder you guys don't get what I'm talking about. Smh

This is funny. You jumped in the discussion with all your global mumbo jumbo and it wasn't even about all that. Stop co signing and read the original conversation. My comment was U.S based to begin with.

This is funny. You jumped in the discussion with all your global mumbo jumbo and it wasn't even about all that. Stop co signing and read the original conversation. My comment was U.S based to begin with.
the origional topic was the demographic of people who buy nike basketball shoes. you just recently made it about the US to support your argument, and even then it still isnt true

I don't understand what the issue is with how someone where's their shoes. The majority of "basketball" shoes sold aren't for basketball.
It's the style of today for the youth. You can't expect people to dress like the 90s in 2013.
This is the start champ. I'm was referring to the youth in my country.
NBA players don't buy BBall shoes. Nor do collages. The vast majority of BBall shoes sold are for casual. I don't have numbers but common sense. All these lines, hype and murders for shoes aren't because people wanna play ball in them. This I don't think is even debatable. I've gone through the public school system and not once has ANYONE I know or have been associated with in my 30 years bought a pair of shoes just for ball. Not one time. Resellers aren't buying shoes for ball. Hype beast aren't buying shoes for ball. People who pay resell aren't buying them for ball. 99% of the time.
My next comment was again referring to my country. Where did you get global from again sea manup sea manup ?

Still not true based on what? You going to your mall and gym? You have 0 facts to support your argument. Lol

"The majority of "basketball" shoes sold aren't for basketball."

yes, silly me i should have been able to tell that you were strictly talking about the the area you live in from that statement

If you didn't know you could have asked. I don't know what the culture is like in China or a many number if places. I could have been more specific. I honestly was referring to the lines, hype and murders that take place here. Again I could be wrong but in my experience in the places I've been. I don't see people buying shoes for balling. They want em strictly to look fly in. I see basketball shoes on folks everywhere off court, all the time.

and you have 0 facts as well.
I stated that a few post back. You guys just post and don't read. Smh
The retro thing was an example. I don't see why it's so hard to believe their could possibly be more people buying basketball shoes than players? If I have no facts to prove you wrong, what facts do you have to say I'm wrong? I don't understand why you guys stand behind your argument as fact. I could be wrong. I can admit if I am but I'm not just gonna take your word for it.

Last edited:

"The majority of "basketball" shoes sold aren't for basketball."

yes, silly me i should have been able to tell that you were strictly talking about the the area you live in from that statement
The majority of Nike Basketball shoes sold are sold in the US. 

Based on online store locators, there are more Niketowns and HOHs within a 50 mile radius of my home than there are in Canada and Asia combined. 

Maybe people around you guys aren't wearing Nike Basketball products casually as often as they are around us, because they don't have the same access to Nike Basketball products we do.

Not to say your opinion isn't qualified, but unless you're always on the streets in some of these major US markets you couldn't possibly have a clue what the popular trends are about.

Take a look at Joe Haden, Bun B, Justin Timbelake, Jason Sudeikis, Teyana Taylor, Stalley, DJ Clark Kent and countless others sneaker collections. None of them are seen hooping, and they all have a ton pf Basketball kicks. It's about the look, not the performance. 

Whoever you seen walking around your local mall matters none to this conversation.

there are more nike stores in a 50 mile radius of this guys house than canada and asia combined 
roll.gif
roll.gif

yeah im done here, too much ignorance 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom