THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

Based on online store locators, there are more Niketowns and HOHs within a 50 mile radius of my home than there are in Canada and Asia combined. 
Again...

picking and choosing what part of my post you want to acknowledge in order to support you argument. 

You can't read and want to make assumptions about popular fashion trends from your small town in canada, but we're ignorant? 

LOL that's cool

Take a look at Joe Haden, Bun B, Justin Timbelake, Jason Sudeikis, Teyana Taylor, Stalley, DJ Clark Kent and countless others sneaker collections. None of them are seen hooping, and they all have a ton pf Basketball kicks. It's about the look, not performance.

Jason Sudekis is a known baller. Haven't you seen the beginning of Saturday Night Live? :D

This conversation is hilarious. Thanks for the Sunday afternoon entertainment.

On an on topic note, I can't wait to see how these perform on court.

I can't believe these kids seriously think more people buy basketball shoes for casual than performance. :lol:

That inner city life :x

I can't believe these kids seriously think more people buy basketball shoes for casual than performance. :lol:

That inner city life :x
"Kids" "inner city" yeah ok. I see where your coming from now. You guys assume because someone hasn't been to China or traveled the world our opinions aren't to be taken seriously and we don't know what we're talking about. A lot of reckless talk over the net that wouldn't be said face to face. Smh

This argument comes up every couple weeks now. I think it's funny to see a fat guy who's Never done any physical activity in their life wear athletic shoes casually. But People can wear whatever they want. Their money.

i think majority of sales for basketball shoes in general are more for basketball activities but limited shoes, signature shoes, retros, and etc are probably sold more to people using them as casual wear but at end of day doesnt matter cause its your money.

Last edited:
I know this was discussed pages ago, but Lebron is not nikes biggest money maker. Maybe in the US, but not globally. There is a reason Kobe tours Asia every summer.

The Kobe sales in China alone are absurd

I know this was discussed pages ago, but Lebron is not nikes biggest money maker. Maybe in the US, but not globally. There is a reason Kobe tours Asia every summer.

The Kobe sales in China alone are absurd

The 2012 numbers prove otherwise.

Lebron line accounted for $300m

Kobe I believe was at $50m

Go back and look at those numbers. It says "In the US".

I'm talking globally

That is true...

Do you have the link to a report of the worldwide sales?

It would be interesting to see if Kobe did make up that $250m difference in global sales.

Although I imagine Lebron made a killing outside the US as well, especially considering that tour in Asia he went on after winning his first ring.

That is true...

Do you have the link to a report of the worldwide sales?

It would be interesting to see if Kobe did make up that $250m difference in global sales.

Although I imagine Lebron made a killing outside the US as well, especially considering that tour in Asia he went on after winning his first ring.

I don't know any numbers and when I said Kobe does the best globally, i should have said internationally.

I don't know if his international numbers cover the ground lost in the US but it's certainly more than lebrons international number.

You also have to look at availability. There are a ton of retailers that only carry Lebron and Durants but not Kobe's. Nike has been pretty selective on who carries kobes

Yup.

I don't think you'll find anyone who will argue that the availability of the Kobe line is equal to the Lebron line

...And I don't see that changing with the 9's at all.

But to an extent, availability is a sign of Nike's projected demand.

After the Kobe 1 was essentially a flop Nike immediately made the Kobe line Foot Locker only. Some bigger footactions got a couple here and there but for the most part was non existent. Availability got Kobe's has definitely been more selective here but I see more Kobe on court in my area.

I can't believe these kids seriously think more people buy basketball shoes for casual than performance.
laugh.gif

That inner city life
sick.gif

Last edited:
I would bet my life that more pairs of Kobe 1-8 were sold for performance reasons than casual wear.

This thread is dedicated to the Kobe 9 which is a performance shoe. Way more people are interested in them for that purpose than wearing them casual.

This isn't the Jordan Brand forum.

My area must be unique. I live in PG county MD. It's the richest black county in the United States. That's a fact and can be googled. I could drive anyone around on a release day and nothing's going for BBall only or first. I can take you to any court on a summer day and 95% are rocking something they bought for casual wear. That's the reality here. It's been this way since the mid/late 90s.

Back
Top Bottom