THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Seeing the brons, I cant imagine a ASG 9..... the wait continues. An if there is gonna be a prohibition bron, if there will be a prohibition kobe and kd

Last edited:
Damn them highs look good!! Can't wait for the "Masterpiece". Really hope I can grab a pair.

The mids or lows you guys have been PSing, is that how they're going to look? Or is that a PS of the high cut down?

These will be nowhere near as bad as the Preludes to cop IMO.  Preludes have been no where around me other than NYC, and I'm sure these will be at most if not all HOH. Can't wait, passing on a few releases to make sure I can get them.

Ironically, the flyknit was supposed to make these sleek and lightweight but these pics makes them look like they are bulky.

It probably looks bulky because it likely has lining on this shoe for extra support? From the close-up pics, the shoes doesn't really look as perforated as the regular FKs, could be wrong though.

They're definitely not as perforated as some of the other Flyknit runners. I'm sure the highs are as "bulky" as they are to give additional support in the key areas given how flexible flyknit is. Makes me curious how different the flyknit lows will be compared to the highs though.

They're definitely not as perforated as some of the other Flyknit runners. I'm sure the highs are as "bulky" as they are to give additional support in the key areas given how flexible flyknit is. Makes me curious how different the flyknit lows will be compared to the highs though.
Pretty much this. Definitely a thicker kind of flyknit probably to take the abuse of basketball play too with hard cuts and quick multidirectional movements. But if the flyknit can really wrap around and mold to my foot then I won't have any qualms about it. I really want and can see this shoe succeeding for basketball use. Just don't want shoes looking like they are bigger than they should be for me. :lol:

Last edited:
Overall I don't think it's gonna be as bulky as you guys think, it certainly can't be any bulkier than the recent Lebrons, in comparison these looks pretty sleek than the Lebrons which looks kind of like a brick with it's hard edges and clunkiness.

On feet these will not be bulky.

Dudes will wear them mainly 1 of 3 ways. (casually speaking)

1. That tight sleek look laced up high.

2. Very loose, exaggerated, open look.

3. Laced up to the top (maybe not the very top) fairly loose.

Obviously there will be variations and people will use other techniques as well. Be used but either way I do not think anyone that will have these will think they are too bulky.

Just my thoughts.

Idk we will see.

One of the interesting things about the Flyknit runners is that you can custom fit/shrink them to your foot. All Niketowns (I think) have a steam box just for this and will do it for free. They haven't mentioned this with the Kobe 9 which makes me wonder if it's too different or if they're abandoning that service. The concept of custom fitted shoes is great and foams are the closest basketball gets

One of the interesting things about the Flyknit runners is that you can custom fit/shrink them to your foot. All Niketowns (I think) have a steam box just for this and will do it for free. They haven't mentioned this with the Kobe 9 which makes me wonder if it's too different or if they're abandoning that service. The concept of custom fitted shoes is great and foams are the closest basketball gets

That's really dope about the fitting and shrinking. I wonder if it had ever ruined a shoe. If I threw my supreme flyknits in and they got ruined I'd be livid. :rofl:

This kobe 9 flyknit might be too think or have different materials that don't shrink and move around like the others.

NTNY used to have steam fitting, but they got rid of it. Would be kinda dope if they brought it back for the 9s though.

View media item 740483
Dese is da uglyest mofo's i dun seen!!!  Uglyest shoe e
mad.gif
ver
mean.gif

From HoH straight to the court, I'm not wasting anytime breaking these in. I have the day all planned out lol

Back
Top Bottom