THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Its one of those situations where your eyes play tricks on you and you see it once and then start to think you see it all over the place.
That's exactly what it is, parts of the grey where they white and black mix together are deceiving.  After seeing your picture I could swear I see it in my pair too but even if it is, it is so damn hard to tell its not that big of a deal. Unless it starts to look like I spilled kool aid on them, then I will have an issue.

That's exactly what it is, parts of the grey where they white and black mix together are deceiving.  After seeing your picture I could swear I see it in my pair too but even if it is, it is so damn hard to tell its not that big of a deal. Unless it starts to look like I spilled kool aid on them, then I will have an issue.
Haha yea I'm in the same boat.  Since it may have been inevitable, I guess the silver lining is that since it's already messed up (at least in my eyes), I may as well wear them more and not worry about them getting beat up a bit.

Haha yea I'm in the same boat.  Since it may have been inevitable, I guess the silver lining is that since it's already messed up (at least in my eyes), I may as well wear them more and not worry about them getting beat up a bit.
Right, I am thinking the same thing. Maybe I will break these out, try out the repel for the first time and start wearing them. I kinda just want to wait and make sure the rain is done around here. ha

Would you guys buy the Kobe 9 elite low university red for 125? Replacement box and balled in once. Pondering on copping. Small flaw on the heel.
damn thats a good price for used.... post pics cuz they could be rep's

I know I got the toe box wet when I was cleaning my all star 9s and they have had no bleeding issues. Similar colors but it must be a beethoven flaw. Which is unfortunate because it was the best low GR ( non HTM ) and one of the best overall 9s, all IMO

So I just examined my DS Beethoven's with extreme intensity as if it were a pair of Legend Blue 11's... =P

One shoe was free of the Beethoven Bleed but the second one showed some minor signs of purple tinting on the toebox. I lightly ran my finger nail across it and I am guessing the discoloration is coming from the glue backing of the FlyKnit. The area with the bleed seems to be slightly harder, as if there is extra glue that bled through. The rest of the FlyKnit material elsewhere still has a softness compared to this spot. 

I could be completely off base, but this is a theory I am throwing out there. 

Were the WTKs fairly easy to get on the EU sites?
As far as I know, kickz and basketballzone were the only retailers who start selling them that early. 

Some people from this site were able to cop their pairs. 

I was not successful, because kickz always has way too few big sizes.

I guess it won't be very easy to cop them at the 10/11th January, but I think that it will be absolute possible.

You are serious about those Christmas Stockings!

I'm a definite no on the WTK and might try and get those upcoming em lows, so right now just waiting on the BHM.

I did cop the Black Mambas, my MM"s are on the way, and I just doubled up on the MP and MC low, so I think I'm set. Other than picking up a pair of Philippines.

A good price? DS anything under $300...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hymen man  

damnit, everything is over $350
Yep over $350 sounds about right. There are highly favored over the 3, plus they're not in any stores.
Looks like I've fallen victim to the Beethoven bleeding as well. 
This bleeding folks are talking about looks like the lil stain mine came with from NDC straight out the box and folks were saying it's no big deal, etc. I cleaned it wit Jason Mark way back then. Now I need to go see if it's coming back since it seems to be an actual issue, smmfh!

Dragged my Beethovens out to take a look to see if that issue was coming back. Nope!

I used Jason Mark with a toothbrush, and scrubbed dat sucker good back when I got em. Still looking mighty niiice. Might have to go cop another from the bay before they're all completely gone. They're the closest to the HTMs than the Thrillers & Moonwalkers.

Last edited:

Dragged my Beethovens out to take a look to see if that issue was coming back. Nope!

I used Jason Mark with a toothbrush, and scrubbed dat sucker good back when I got em. Still looking mighty niiice. Might have to go cop another from the bay before they're all completely gone. They're the closest to the HTMs than the Thrillers & Moonwalkers.
Lucky, I might have to look into that Jason Markk cleaner. I've seen a lot of good things about it but haven't gotten around to getting it.

As far as I know, kickz and basketballzone were the only retailers who start selling them that early. 

Some people from this site were able to cop their pairs. 
I was not successful, because kickz always has way too few big sizes.

I guess it won't be very easy to cop them at the 10/11th January, but I think that it will be absolute possible.

What aBout basketzone posted a page or two back? They had a FSR last night. The only issue was the $60 shipping (the shoes are $231).

I'm going to have to give my Tovens the once over. All these purple pics have me worried mine are messed up. I don't wear them as often as my other pairs just because they get dirty so easily.

Does anyone know if the fundamental Elites have the same issue? Is this a common white FK problem?

What aBout basketzone posted a page or two back? They had a FSR last night. The only issue was the $60 shipping (the shoes are $231).
yeah you're right, I mean basketzone. Wasn't sure about their exact name.

They still have plenty sizes (almost every size till 10,5) .

dont forget about customs fees. i was just about to order but now thinking about thag, itd probably bring it closer to $350. idk if thats worth it to secure my pair early

Back
Top Bottom