THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I don't understand, what are you guys speculating about being limited or not? A specific colorway? Or just the kobe 9s in general? If it's the 9s in general, why do you guys think that a flagship shoe from one of the biggest players is going to be limited?

Well here, stores only normally only received a size run or two even for GR Kobe's. You had to be at the store when they opened, because someone might have taken your size. So it matters.

these will be fine casually. People need to stop popping their tongues out on every shoe/fit for a more decent look. I will try to pop the tongue but I'll be more comfortable with 510's with the laces all the way up (when I'm not balling in them).

I don't understand why people keep saying that

it was $530 or was it $550 the other day, so it's a "steal" at $450 right now
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Looking like mps are top of my list. I like the asgs but with Boston's nt closed til april I'll poorly just see if my expressions is getting the mps n asg pack, sounds like the that on the lebron could help cover the damage on the kobes >.> I really hate that that robot LeBron has slowly been winning me over. Making me really bitter at the garbage kb8s we finished with... please fk lows now!

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron  

why does it look like it's falling apart from a lateral move/cut.
NBA players does that to almost any shoes out there when they do hard cuts or quick stops.
...AIN'T THE SAME, bruh. 
mean.gif

Them IX's look like they are Tipping Over with just a SLIGHT Pivot! Andre's not even doing much on that cut... SMH

I hope it's just a random occurence, bc I've seen Air Force One's hold up better on a Cut & they don't even have built-in OutRiggers on the Lateral Sides.

We'll see more from these in the future, so it's not a panic until we see a pattern... but right now, them boys look FLIMSY AF. 
sick.gif

...AIN'T THE SAME, bruh. 
mean.gif

Them IX's look like they are Tipping Over with just a SLIGHT Pivot! Andre's not even doing much on that cut... SMH

I hope it's just a random occurence, bc I've seen Air Force One's hold up better on a Cut & they don't even have built-in OutRiggers on the Lateral Sides.

We'll see more from these in the future, so it's not a panic until we see a pattern... but right now, them boys look FLIMSY AF. 
sick.gif
But.. your ankle needs to slightly move too when you run and pivot, if it stayed stiff that's when you would get hurt. It's not really the shoe you have to worry about as you do body movements. Sometimes footwork just messes up, we're all human.

...AIN'T THE SAME, bruh. :smh:

We'll see more from these in the future, so it's not a panic until we see a pattern... but right now, them boys look FLIMSY AF. :x

Then don't get them :smh:

^^^

READING IS A SKILL, bruh.

Cats kill me. Lol. Just bc you point out what MAY BE a flaw on something, doesn't mean you're no longer interested in what you're calling out.

I have no bias. I Call It Like I See It.

A Spade is a Spade in my world... guess some are just cut from a different cloth.

Last edited:
Another thing is the players wearing them. AI and LeBron are big dudes. There's a lot of weight and force being put on those sneakers that average size guys like myself couldn't produce.

...AIN'T THE SAME, bruh. 
mean.gif

sick.gif
u cant talk about kobes shoe like that in this thread...you can only praise it..
laugh.gif

What is your definition of average size? Just curious, but A.I isn't even that huge by NBA standards. Looks like this will probably be a strictly guard shoe, but I'm sure it will be good.

But.. your ankle needs to slightly move too when you run and pivot, if it stayed stiff that's when you would get hurt. It's not really the shoe you have to worry about as you do body movements. Sometimes footwork just messes up, we're all human.
Well, I was more talking about the build at the Base of the Shoe and it having adequate stability during cuts & pivots.

In AI's pic, it just looks like the Midsole/Outrigger combo folded pretty easily without much force... given the fact that his feet are much closer together than what they usually would be on a hard-cut. I think what it may be is the fact that the Lateral Outrigger & Toe of the Sole are a One-Piece that take part as a Psuedo-Midsole, which takes up a much larger portion of a Midsole than in the usual sneaker or a Kobe 8. In a usual sneaker... the Toe of the Sole and the Midsole (from front to back) are completely Separate.

That's just my synopsis. But like I said... it may just look bad THERE and only there. In time, we'll tell.

...AIN'T THE SAME, bruh. 
mean.gif

sick.gif
Then don't buy em if your worried.  Simple as that!  Like you said no reason to panic

But the other pics that were posted clearly show this same thing happening on numerous different shoes.

Well, I was more talking about the build at the Base of the Shoe and it having adequate stability during cuts & pivots.

In AI's pic, it just looks like the Midsole/Outrigger combo folded pretty easily without much force... given the fact that his feet are much closer together than what they usually would be on a hard-cut. I think what it may be is the fact that the Lateral Outrigger & Toe of the Sole are a One-Piece that take part as a Psuedo-Midsole, which takes up a much larger portion of a Midsole than in the usual sneaker or a Kobe 8. In a usual sneaker... the Toe of the Sole and the Midsole (from front to back) are completely Separate.

That's just my synopsis. But like I said... it may just look bad THERE and only there. In time, we'll tell.
Ya I wouldn't read to much into it, I was a little worried since the cut didn't look that big due to how close his feet are as you stated but at the same time it could be the beginning of a large cut and he just didn't spread out much yet, really can't tell unless we have a full picture

EVERYONE knows the NBA players flex their shoes to the max. That's not being disputed at all. All the dudes are saying is that since iggy isn't doing a hard cut or big movement that it looks like there's a lack of support and stability. Nobody is right or wrong here, it's just making observations.

People can't have opinions about them casually and now they can't have opinions about their performance based on one pic of a pro flexing the flywire? :smh:

I thought we could go one day without everyone wilding. It's not eem 11 man :smh:

Back
Top Bottom