THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
The suspense... 
sick.gif

Can't this Sat. be the 8th?
embarassed.gif

True, these sneakers might not be for them

I think the Cam UA highlight cleats advertised that the cleats were built higher so the athlete didn't have to wear ankle support

Maybe Nike has the same thing in mind with the 9 highs
agreed, I would def not wear ankle braces with these, I had the kobe 7 strong insert, and that also was impossible to fit a brace.   def will have to trust nike flyknit to hold your ankle together, or else will have to wait for the lows.

Random question that has nothing to do with performance or anything. Which box design did you like better the black and yellow 8s box or the 9s white box?

Last edited:

True, these sneakers might not be for them

I think the Cam UA highlight cleats advertised that the cleats were built higher so the athlete didn't have to wear ankle support

Maybe Nike has the same thing in mind with the 9 highs
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakers29  

agreed, I would def not wear ankle braces with these, I had the kobe 7 strong insert, and that also was impossible to fit a brace.   def will have to trust nike flyknit to hold your ankle together, or else will have to wait for the lows.

Nike had no intention of providing support with the high collar on these 9s.  All the support comes from the internals/heel counter, CF wings and fit.

The collar height has to do with what they call "proprioceptive awareness" -- more or less meaning that you are more connected with the shoe and have a better sense of your foot/ankle movements.  Probably a poor job explaining it, but the point is that it serves some purpose, but not ankle support.

Ya'll think these will fit TTS? Don't have many Flyknit sneakers in the stash.

I would assume so.

I've had many KBs since the 2s, and I have to say the sizing has been consistent over the years.

I also have 5 or 6 pairs of Flyknit racers/trainers. Don't see the material making any problems with sizing...IMO.

I would assume so.

I've had many KBs since the 2s, and I have to say the sizing has been consistent over the years.

I also have 5 or 6 pairs of Flyknit racers/trainers. Don't see the material making any problems with sizing...IMO.

Great. Thanks. I need to just hit the mall and put my foot in a Flyknit.

Sizing for the flyknits at least for me isn't totally consistent across the different models, and I own the racers, trainers, lunar 1s, and chukkas. I know for the FK trainers, a lot of people either went TTS or down half a size for the initial release of trainers when the flyknit around the heel was really formed to your foot like a sock. But in later releases, after getting feedback from runners, Nike decided to put extra padding in the heel, and people went up half a size from the initial unpadded release for a better fit.

I would guess the 9s will be TTS for me just because the Kobe line has consistently been TTS for me personally, but honestly it's hard to know for sure without trying the 9s on or hearing some sizing feedback from people who've worn them. I'm a big fan of flyknit though, very lightweight and comfortable to me.

Last edited:
Just talked to the manager at my local HOH, he said all the HOH should be getting the masterpiece 9 and the allstar pack. Not sure how many he'll receive because the shipment for them hasnt arrived but definitely getting them. I'm in SLC, UT so its not limited like the prelude pack was when they released. His understanding is that if your HOH received the Jordan XX8 then they should be getting the Masterpiece 9s.

I'm gonna go ahead and say I'm only grabbing two CWs..... That way I have something I can laugh at in 6 months when I've gone broke grabbing up so many of these...

Last edited:
I'm gonna go ahead and say I'm only grabbing two CWs..... That way I have something I can laugh at in 6 months when I've gone broke grabbing up so many of these...
Haha, i said i wanted the masterpiece and the allstar but that precision one is on point and if I run accross those mercer ones then I will cop those as well. I could end up with 4 to 6 of these when its all done.

My local HOH is getting around 44 pairs of Masterpieces. They all should have their shipping manifests for the masterpieces. Had it on there since last week...

Back
Top Bottom