THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Ready for some first impression YouTube videos to really decipher the shoe at the retail level so everyone knows what were getting.

I'll stick to EM. Looks like flynit is too flimsy for basketball like I predicted. Keep it in running shoes where you're not making cuts for 48 minutes.

Inb4 ppl who were brainwashed by nikes marketing trying to argue

Iguodala is listed two pounds heavier than Kobe (same height). You guys gonna have a heart attack ever time Kobe sets foot on court wearing the IX :lol:

saw kobes wife IG pic... still not liking how they look. feels like they kinda cater to the "hip" style generation. (not sure how to describe it).

honestly probably taking a chill on these. not a high cut person by any means. im mids and lows all day.

Why no raffles? Who wants to camp or go early in the morning? If less people sign up than there are shoes you get them anyway on lock.

I like the raffle system way better than rsvp or fcfs.

I'd rather just be able to walk into my local store after I get off work and get them, and not have to drive to multiple HOH an hour and a half away just to get a raffle ticket that may or may not secure a pair, alas but those days are long gone. In short, Nike should produce enough, but again that's never going to happen.

not sure it was cleared up yet and im not going back through 2 days worth of posts to check.

sorry im late but I got the nyc raffle thing cleared up.

I went to the stores on Tuesday night after work. (3rd day going)

Just as i got to 21M it was about 6:50 and they were going to close soon. There was a line at the counter for the raffle just as there was the previous three days. :smh: There was a huge debate about how many times one can enter with everyone who was there, customers and employees. dude behind the counter was continuing to tell everyone one per customer per day per store. another employee overheard him and corrected him, saying one per person. both employees argued for a few minutes while the people on line were looking confused as hell. (why is there a problem with EVERY release at 21M?? they cant seem to get it together. such a shame.) The outcome was that the dude who said one per customer was supposedly correct. The line dispersed after this news was confirmed because they had all entered multiple times already. we then asked what would happen since we have all been entering every day for 3 days. dude said they are going to have to go through them and discard all the doubles. I stressed that it would be unfair to disqualify anyone who had multiple entries due to this horrible miscommunication on their part. He agreed and said that anyone who entered twice AFTER tuesday would be disqualified since it is now understood that the rules are one per and he reiterated that they would be going through the tickets to discard doubles. However, I didnt catch a tweet on tues or wed clearing up the issue. I'm assuming this raffle will goto **** just like every other release they do. they are probably too lazy to go through all the tickets and will wind up letting people continue to enter multiple times even though they specifically told me NOT to fill another raffle out that night because i was now "aware" of the rules. so to confirm, I was partially right considering the stores themselves didnt even know their own procedure and the dudes handing out the raffle tickets were telling customers one per customer per day per store since sunday morning.

i hope that clears everything up... i wasted my time in rush hour traffic going to enter again on tuesday because of their inability to run a store. also, I probably wont win any of these raffles at all being how screwed up they are. oh well.

Last edited:

Well, I was more talking about the build at the Base of the Shoe and it having adequate stability during cuts & pivots.

In AI's pic, it just looks like the Midsole/Outrigger combo folded pretty easily without much force... given the fact that his feet are much closer together than what they usually would be on a hard-cut. I think what it may be is the fact that the Lateral Outrigger & Toe of the Sole are a One-Piece that take part as a Psuedo-Midsole, which takes up a much larger portion of a Midsole than in the usual sneaker or a Kobe 8. In a usual sneaker... the Toe of the Sole and the Midsole (from front to back) are completely Separate.

That's just my synopsis. But like I said... it may just look bad THERE and only there. In time, we'll tell.
I feel you. Everyone is different though, some shoes are perfect for performance for some people, where other's don't like it. Maybe in some situations the flexibility would be a good thing. I don't think there can be a shoe that works perfect for literally everyone.

Last edited:
THE MORE PICS I SEE OF MASTERPIECES, THE LESS APPEALING THEY LOOK. PROBABLY THE QUALITY OF PICS TAKEN. WILL NEED TO SEE IN PERSON TO MAKE FINAL JUDGMENT BUT MORE THAN LIKELY GOING TO SIT IT OUT ON THIS ONE.

What is your definition of average size? Just curious, but A.I isn't even that huge by NBA standards. Looks like this will probably be a strictly guard shoe, but I'm sure it will be good.

I'd say around 6ft 160 give or take. AI isn't big by NBA standards but at 6ft 6 207 he's not your average American by any stretch. Size may not play a roll at all in the shoe bending in that way though. Just throwing the thought out there.

smzsmz smzsmz it's been a mess man. The employees literally have no idea what the hell they're doing. You get a different answer if you call vs going there in person and vice versa. But yeah I've been told the final word is one entry per person period, not per day.

Man bring on the lows. Fliyknit lows have my interest. I'm with bigj on these highs. I'll leave something that tall for my ACU's..

I'd say around 6ft 160 give or take. AI isn't big by NBA standards but at 6ft 6 207 he's not your average American by any stretch. Size may not play a roll at all in the shoe bending in that way though. Just throwing the thought out there.
Yep I hear you man, most charts don't even with that, makes me wonder what kind of players will use these.

omg, i cant wait, i think ima post every hour until they come out how much i cant wait for them to come out!!.....then ima do it for every colorway that drops.....i know i'd be overdoing it, but thats what we kobe fans do on the kobe thread. 
laugh.gif

EVERYONE knows the NBA players flex their shoes to the max. That's not being disputed at all. All the dudes are saying is that since iggy isn't doing a hard cut or big movement that it looks like there's a lack of support and stability. Nobody is right or wrong here, it's just making observations.

People can't have opinions about them casually and now they can't have opinions about their performance based on one pic of a pro flexing the flywire?
mean.gif

I thought we could go one day without everyone wilding. It's not eem 11 man
mean.gif
THANK YOU. 
mean.gif

man this is going to be bad for people that wear braces on both ankles. gonna look extra bulky.. no good.
True, these sneakers might not be for them

I think the Cam UA highlight cleats advertised that the cleats were built higher so the athlete didn't have to wear ankle support

Maybe Nike has the same thing in mind with the 9 highs

True, these sneakers might not be for them

I think the Cam UA highlight cleats advertised that the cleats were built higher so the athlete didn't have to wear ankle support

Maybe Nike has the same thing in mind with the 9 highs

i hope you're right good sir. because i sure need 'em

Back
Top Bottom