THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
NOPE. Practically all businesses that sponsor a contest or sweepstakes does not allow their employees to enter.

I can see that, but as an employee you should have a chance to buy a product from the company you work for! I used to work at finishline and if I couldn't buy the shoes I wanted what was the point????

I don't know what that's supposed to mean or why it was funny. I don't like the Masterpiece colorway, just my opinion, never did and was never going after them. The Maestro's will definitely be at more stores, maybe not many more, but the all star pack has never been prelude numbers like that.
We hope their at more stores!!! ......

NOPE. Practically all businesses that sponsor a contest or sweepstakes does not allow their employees to enter.
There is partial truth to that, it might be true they don't allow the employees to enter, but the employees do get a chance to get the prelude pack. Twice i have been told by 2 different employees from 2 different HoH that they get a chance to GET 1 pair of preludes for the entire pack. Meaning if a employee gets the prelude 3's, thats all he's allowed to get for the entire pack. So basically, they aren't being entered into the sweepstakes for the prelude pack to compete against everybody else, but they still get dibs on a pair. They could just not call 1 person and let the employee get that particular prelude. And to make it seem fair, they will say that the pair was unclaimed meanwhile they were never raffled off for that 1 pair and just kept it in the back until everybody picked up their pair.

My reaction when I pulled up the launch locator. The Masterpiece is considered part of the Prelude Pack. The official GR release date at other Footlockers are in March for the other colorways.. Guess I have some time to save some money to buy the other colorways. Just no shot on these prelude pack shoes and this masterpiece. Disappointed.

mean.gif
release looks similar to the Prelude pack, but the Masterpieces are not part of the prelude pack. The pack was made to build hype for the MP because this shoe has a lot of love/hate towards it and what better way to get people to like/want them than building hype with retros and slapping the limited label on each and every piece including the MP. 

We hope their at more stores!!! ......
If they aren't, nike went out of their way to make just the Kobe's extra limited. I can't see them only using these same stores for the entire kobe 9 line. Stores that even got the lebron champ pack aren't getting the MP's.

What are the chances that the MP becomes available on FNL, Eastbay, etc. I've seen no confirmation on their Twitter yet.

Nike had all this build up for a shoe most people won't ever see in person. Done with the 9 this year. Doesn't matter how available or how much I like other versions or CWs. There not getting a dime.

really hope that the ASG and the Inspiration are not as limited but am not holding breath about anything anymore. Certainly seems that Nike gets a kick out of making their patrons squirm.

Kobe was born and raised 15 minutes away and he can't even show the state of PA any love? Eff that. Lot's of money saved.

Last edited:
What are the chances that the MP becomes available on FNL, Eastbay, etc. I've seen no confirmation on their Twitter yet.
Not at all, FNL doesn't get Kobes, FTL said Instore only no online, EB, FTL. FA all carry the same stock if one were to get them online it would be FTL online

Not at all, FNL doesn't get Kobes, FTL said Instore only no online, EB, FTL. FA all carry the same stock if one were to get them online it would be FTL online
Finishline got 1 or 2 pairs of Kobe 8s last year, but I doubt they get these

Last edited:
Kobe was born and raised 15 minutes away and he can't even show the state of PA any love? Eff that. Lot's of money saved.
i think after the Oregon Foam scandal at KOP, they havnt been getting any good stuff, i didnt even see them with the BHM on the launch locator.

I'm wondering which will be more limited. The MP or ASG? Anyone have an idea?

It's not a guarantee but a lot of pre-order spots suggest the MPs will be much more limited than the asg.

Of course I'm now all in for the mps, n think I got my Ingrid, but still on the fence for the asgs, just don't know about the gold, just waiting for more details pics I think. As for rocking em casually I cover the tongues on a lot of my kicks 27th hands so this would be no thing. Course now my girl gonna get a single rose on Valentine's day at this rate. Sorry baby, kobe nahmean?

i think after the Oregon Foam scandal at KOP, they havnt been getting any good stuff, i didnt even see them with the BHM on the launch locator.

i was at KOP yesterday. Asked 3 dudes about the 9's and all 3 had no idea what I was talking about. The one dude laughed at me and said they released 3 weeks ago. SMH.

Last edited:
i was at KOP yesterday. Asked 3 dudes about the 9's and all 3 had no idea what I was talking about. The one dude laughed at me and said they released 3 weeks ago. SMH.

Corporate must have came down on them. They usually get everything, minus the prelude pack. No way in hell I'm driving to Jersey for raffle tickets.

Back
Top Bottom