THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
tru. A lot of hoopers i know won't even try other brands. I've had adidas, under armours, reeboks. WHatever feels comfortable and performs well is what I want. Couldn't care less what brand it is

It's not all about balling but looking good too. They act like they have a shoe deal or something. I bet if some K Mart brand company made the best basketball shoe ever for performance people wouldn't touch them.

If buying a new shoe for casual use makes me a hype beast then what shoes do you wear casually? YepYeppers YepYeppers

If you've ever wore runners, trainers anything other than lifestyle sneakers you sir are also a hype beast. Spike Lee, Seinfeld, every rap artist ect are all hype beast by your logic.

Last edited:

tru. A lot of hoopers i know won't even try other brands. I've had adidas, under armours, reeboks. WHatever feels comfortable and performs well is what I want. Couldn't care less what brand it is

To me, buying a brand new tech'd out shoe only to wear it casually kind of makes you a hypebeast in my mind. But theyre your kicks do whatever you want with them.
Man I used to be pro adidas til i kept spraining my ankles throughout the years and attributed it to the shoe but last night i had a horrible ankle sprain with some nike crusaders lol. I don't know what to think anymore.

Maybe it all just boils down to luck!

Last edited:
If buying shoes casually is for hype beast why are some of you even on NT? There are forums for basketball that due performance reviews. Why be a member of a site where the majority is collectors, who are hype beast cause they don't play ball?

i just got my masterpieces in and they are tight (as in small)....hope these things break in a little bit :x

It's not all about balling but looking good too. They act like they have a shoe deal or something. I bet if some K Mart brand company made the best basketball shoe ever for performance people wouldn't touch them.
I would hoop in them if theyre are actually the best to hoop in.

i just got my masterpieces in and they are tight (as in small)....hope these things break in a little bit
sick.gif
first time I heard this... Most have said either tts, or a little long. I think they will stretch out a little tho

Last edited:
If buying shoes casually is for hype beast why are some of you even on NT? There are forums for basketball that due performance reviews. Why be a member of a site where the majority is collectors, who are hype beast cause they don't play ball?
Because we all have something in common...

We like to complain :lol:

If buying a new shoe for casual use makes me a hype beast then what shoes do you wear casually? @maxsmith22

If you've ever wore runners, trainers anything other than lifestyle sneakers you sir are also a hype beast. Spike Lee, Seinfeld, every rap artist ect are all hype beast by your logic.
Primarily I wear shoes casually that ive already hooped in and either didnt like how they performed or hoop in another colorway. I also have runners and trainers that i actually run and train in. Do whatever you want with the shoes you buy but if this shoe had no kobe branding, would you still buy it?

And yes those people are hypebeasts by my definition

You guys that are getting them in today did you do next day delivery/2 day delivery?

I did free shipping and mine are schedule to arrive tomorrow (early delivery)

You guys that are getting them in today did you do next day delivery/2 day delivery?

I did free shipping and mine are schedule to arrive tomorrow (early delivery)
I did free shipping, and mine is "Out for delivery" today.  It was original scheduled to delivered tomorrow, but UPS pushed it up for early delivery.

Primarily I wear shoes casually that ive already hooped in and either didnt like how they performed or hoop in another colorway. I also have runners and trainers that i actually run and train in. Do whatever you want with the shoes you buy but if this shoe had no kobe branding, would you still buy it?
And yes those people are hypebeasts by my definition

I would because the shoe is sick. One of Nikes best in a long time. I'm not a Kobe fan though. I'm a wizards fan. Nike is cool because of us casual wearers. Can't tell you how many real ballers, NBA players I've seen rocking basketball shoes off court. People just mad they didn't get their MP and want to lash out at everyone else cause they didn't put in the work or have the money to get em for resell.

Last edited:
packaged just arrived and tried them on....they fit like the 8's. tts for me. the long upper sleeve is something new and it will take some short time to get used to because it just feels weird. the same as for the flyknit material.

I was just thinking about it and I'm glad Nike didn't slap on a translucent clear outsole on the MP like they usually do on limited colorways.

I would because the shoe is sick. One of Nikes best in a long time. I'm not a Kobe fan though. I'm a wizards fan. Nike is cool because of us casual wearers. Can't tell you how many real ballers, NBA players I've seen rocking basketball shoes off court. People just mad they didn't get their MP and want to lash out at everyone else cause they didn't put in the work or have the money to get em for resell.
True there is some jealousy but not from me. i hoop in lows so im just waiting for those bruce lee joints to drop or whatever colorway comes first. DIdnt want the MPs or any of the highs. Might try some for hooping down the road if they get down to 150 or 125

These aren't as high as I thought they were gonna be. Looks a lot higher in pics. Mine got here today. Saw them but haven't put em on yet. Will take pics with some bball shorts on.

I really like the 9's mine just came in last night and I must say they are amazing lived up to the hyped imho..... 

Really like 'em! Here's for whoever wanted to see them in shorts, I think I can wrestle up some jorts if you'd like 
wink.gif
Also trying the lace swap with the WTK...

Back
Top Bottom