The Official Lamelo Ball Signature Thread

And good timing by Puma. Now that Nike is changing their distribution and cutting out footlocker and other retailers so you have to buy direct, it’ll be great to see other brands make great products like this to fill up those shelves. I’m old, I want to go to a store, touch a shoe, try it on before I buy. This has become my favorite hoop shoe of late.

And good timing by Puma. Now that Nike is changing their distribution and cutting out footlocker and other retailers so you have to buy direct, it’ll be great to see other brands make great products like this to fill up those shelves. I’m old, I want to go to a store, touch a shoe, try it on before I buy. This has become my favorite hoop shoe of late.
Nike is honestly shooting themselves in the foot long term. It’s been ages since I’ve walked in to a store and saw desirable Nike products on the shelf. For your normal consumer who doesn’t know about raffles and isn’t going to jump through hoops to get a shoe, it really hurts the brand over time and hurts brand loyalty when other brands are on the shelves more and get more visibility.

Went to house of hoops today at the biggest mall in the area. Completely rearranged - front wall and display was adidas, then walking to the back - puma, newbalance, Reebok, diadora/vans/various, then at the very back was Nike. Kind of funny with the announcement and when I asked the manager about it he said they got a corporate directive. Still had the nike/Jordan house of hoops side though.

Perfect time for a brand to jump up and grow. Would love to see some Chinese brands in there too.

The only shoe nike has for new performance at $200 is the Lebron (and the GT Jump after tax). The Kyrie 8 is a great shoe, so is kd14, freak 3 is nice, hearing good about the PG6 - all under or at $150. Jordan separate is $110 and is great on court. I think they lost their superstar connection to the kids - don’t know how to reach them anymore. No commercials or marketing at all.

Adidas is the same way though - no one likes Harden anymore, Dame is hurt, Donovan is in Utah - had high hopes for the Trae model but Atlanta had a rough start. Plus - little to no marketing.

All them adidas sigs look the damn same thats their problem. They all have this similar aesthetic and just…no. They all look interchangeable as in the Dame’s could be Trae’s and vice versa hell Harden’s could be Donovan’s.

Puma is def a leg up on them.

All them adidas sigs look the damn same thats their problem. They all have this similar aesthetic and just…no. They all look interchangeable as in the Dame’s could be Trae’s and vice versa hell Harden’s could be Donovan’s.

Puma is def a leg up on them.
Definitely - dons and exhibit A and dame all having stripes in similar places. Hardens are weird enough with all the polka dots and glued on kindergarten craft pieces. Traes are on a level apart though.

Speaking of nike picasso swerve picasso swerve - you see what lebron wore tonight? Anything to stay out of those 19’s.

Im all up on it on the 19 thread. Love me some 20.5.5’s.

As far as Puma goes I used to do IG work for Puma and they would send me kicks all the time. Stopped working with them and kinda regret it cause around the time I did my homies who still worked with them got the J Coles (blue pair) and eventually the Melo’s. They sent me the Thunder Spectra (?) in that yellow colorway and I love em. Became my outdoor ball shoes and were really impressed by them.

Im all up on it on the 19 thread. Love me some 20.5.5’s.

As far as Puma goes I used to do IG work for Puma and they would send me kicks all the time. Stopped working with them and kinda regret it cause around the time I did my homies who still worked with them got the J Coles (blue pair) and eventually the Melo’s. They sent me the Thunder Spectra (?) in that yellow colorway and I love em. Became my outdoor ball shoes and were really impressed by them.

Between Puma and New Balance and Li Ning I have faded off nike lately…

I think they make the big sizes they are just impossible to attain. As a Hornets guy I would have liked to have at least tried a GH2 but I’ve literally never seen a 12 available.

What size are you? 15+?

Not the person you replied to, but getting anything higher than a 12 is impossible most times for the Chinese brands. Hell, even just overseas stuff in general. So many times I see when a shoe drops and it's advertised as an fsr/new drop, click the link, scroll down, size 12 is where it stops :smh: And it's not just bball shoes/highly coveted stuff.

Getting the proper size and the hassle of returning (non free returns and the time it takes get the refund) detours me from trying the Chinese brands.

I had the opportunity to visit a li ning and an anta store in Shenzen a couple of years ago. I was excited to try on some shoes but they had nothing over a 10. I kind of felt like a weirdo with my size 11.5 feet lol.

I wear a 14-15.

Li Ning and Peak are two brands I've been able to try. The Wade series in particular consistently offered my sizes.

But Anta, 361, etc...no go. Really wanted to try some of the Klays and GHs.

I like those. We can’t possibly be getting every colorway we’ve seen though. (Seen doesn’t mean seen him wear, but like leaked phtoso$

I like the colors and liked the shoe at first but seeing it fully, nah

lamelosorange.JPG

Those are dope. Probably just a PE colorway I’m assuming. Digging the different look that the tongue tag height offers.

Back
Top Bottom