The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Originally Posted by Retroisback2008

what do ya'll use to edit .plist files?
Use Text-Editor.

Btw, for those of you running Snow Leopard, you are most likely running in 32-bit. I tried running in 64-bit and noticed a significant performance boost. You guys might want to check it out.

Here is a link on how to do so:

http://macperformanceguid...m/SnowLeopard-64bit.html

just becareful because some applications may not work or have problems such as vmware

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

hey What button do u push so u can make all the windows appear on screen at once?

it maybe F9 for you, check under system preferences under expose, or if your on the new MBP then you can do a 4 finger swipe downwards

Originally Posted by stylez23

Originally Posted by Retroisback2008

what do ya'll use to edit .plist files?
Use Text-Editor.

Btw, for those of you running Snow Leopard, you are most likely running in 32-bit. I tried running in 64-bit and noticed a significant performance boost. You guys might want to check it out.

Here is a link on how to do so:

http://macperformanceguid...m/SnowLeopard-64bit.html

just becareful because some applications may not work or have problems such as vmware

Yup, in general should be good though because most 32 bit software will work on 64 bit, i have mine booting up at 64 as well.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

[h3]Analyst: iMac and MacBook Updates Coming Within Weeks?[/h3] Tech Trader Daily reports on a note to clients from research firm Wedge Partners predicting the release of updated iMac and MacBook models within the next several weeks. The refresh is expected to bring a significant redesign to the iMac, while the MacBook is likely to see only limited enhancements on the design front.
Wedge sees a redesigned iMac witjh a "thinner, organic design, likely with smoothed or rounded edges. The MacBook redesign "is likely to be limited," Wedge asserts.
The note also suggests that the updates will bring lower price tags in order to aggressively compete against Windows 7-based PCs and the low-cost netbook segment.

Wedge Partners' report echoes previous claims suggesting that Apple is working on refreshed iMac and MacBook designs to be accompanied by lower price points later this year, but is the first to point to a release window for the new models in the very near future.

Notice it does say "Macbook" and not "Macbook Pro". I'm assuming they're going to update the white macbooks and not the unibodies?

I hope this is the case.
frown.gif

they did say that the macbook was getting a refresh soon. so it's def just the white macbook
white macbook ftw......
happy.gif

Originally Posted by EBAY 23

Did I over do it?
I bought a macbook pro 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB's of RAM and 320GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm...
pimp.gif
, but i REALLY wouldn't have gone with the 5400 rpm, i would've gone the 7200 rpm way.

Sweet I got another question. So If I just recently bought my mac, did it come with Snow Leopard? Im new to all of this sorry..

Most likely, but to make sure click on the apple up top and click on 'About this Mac'. If the version says 10.6.x then you have SL.

I just got my first Mac the other day. Its a white macbook 2.13, 4 gig memory. It was bought new in May 09. I got it for $600. Is that a good deal? 100%battery left too.

Originally Posted by houstonsnk

I just got my first Mac the other day. Its a white macbook 2.13, 4 gig memory. It was bought new in May 09. I got it for $600. Is that a good deal? 100% battery left too.

I would say yes.

Originally Posted by knockboot36

Originally Posted by ago225

need a bigger and faster Hard drive. i got the stock 6th gen macbook HD. like 120 or 160 GB, looking for something in the 300 Gbs-500GBs. The more the merrier. btw TheGoogler is the man:pimp:. hit me up someone with a message. i dont know much about this kind of stuff.
I just upgraded my mbp to this right here: Amazon product ASIN B001JSSDGU
Couldn't be any more happier; plenty of storage and quiet.
is this a good deal $73 for 400gb hard drive?

Originally Posted by jon4rd

ok when i upgraded my to snow leopard and tried opening photo booth it said that i cant use the version of photo booth that i have (2.0.3.) with this version of mac osx.
where can i upgrade it at?? i have been searching for the past 10 minutes and came up empty
anybody??
quoting myself because i got no answer

Originally Posted by sunny559

Did I over do it?
I bought a macbook pro 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB's of RAM and 320GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm...
pimp.gif
, but i REALLY wouldn't have gone with the 5400 rpm, i would've gone the 7200 rpm way.

I really didn't know what to upgrade so I just upgraded to those, but Im good money cuz Im only using it for simple stuff in college Its plenty of memorythough.
Originally Posted by TheGoogler

Sweet I got another question. So If I just recently bought my mac, did it come with Snow Leopard? Im new to all of this sorry..

Most likely, but to make sure click on the apple up top and click on 'About this Mac'. If the version says 10.6.x then you have SL.

Nope I got 10.5.8 guess Im going to go ahead and cop that Snow Leopard only $10 since I just recently copped this mac Edit And If someone can direct me toWindows 7 deal. I would appreciate it. My friend told me his professor told him his Mac was usless because it didn't have windows
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

I would hold off on upgrading to SL. There have been plenty of people who have been having issues with battery life and such.

^i think your suppose to get snow leopard with your mac if you bought after snow leopard was released.
10$ isnt much to upgrade anyways.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

I would hold off on upgrading to SL. There have been plenty of people who have been having issues with battery life and such.

i havent noticed much of a battery difference. it might be cus its new but who knows. just cop it and when ever a new update releases (10.6.x)that fixes thoseissues you can upgrade to it.

How easy is it to install RAM yourself? Im gonna get some this week, probably 4GB or whatever. My boy tried it and *!+$%$ it up but I wouldn't say he'stechnically inclined.
nerd.gif

Yeah I bought my Mac last month SL just released this month, i'll upgrade soon along with getting windows 7

Originally Posted by SjuTruth07

Has anyone ordered their Snow Leopard and still not received it, I ordered when it dropped and on Apple it says it shipped on Aug 31st...still haven't received it. Also, how do you get the remaining GBs left on your hard drive to show on the desktop under the icon like some of you have it. Thanks.
haven't gotten mine either...what's the deal?

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

How easy is it to install RAM yourself? Im gonna get some this week, probably 4GB or whatever. My boy tried it and *!+$%$ it up but I wouldn't say he's technically inclined.
nerd.gif

It is really easy, took me about 5 minutes to do. Just follow the pictures in the book you get with your mac

Originally Posted by frankbink5

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

How easy is it to install RAM yourself? Im gonna get some this week, probably 4GB or whatever. My boy tried it and *!+$%$ it up but I wouldn't say he's technically inclined.
nerd.gif

It is really easy, took me about 5 minutes to do. Just follow the pictures in the book you get with your mac

Same for me. YouTube it also, that helped me a lot.

ok when i upgraded my to snow leopard and tried opening photo booth it said that i cant use the version of photo booth that i have (2.0.3.) with this version of mac osx.
where can i upgrade it at?? i have been searching for the past 10 minutes and came up empty
anybody??
quoting myself because i got no answer

I would say to possibly reinstall either snow leopard or photo booth. Photo booth works on my CPU so, I know its not that.

Back
Top Bottom